Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movies That Didn’t Actually Happen

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Marx&Recreation, May 24, 2020.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

For remembering those dime-a-dozen shitty movies (or other parts of culture, why not) that left the public consciousness just as soon as they arrived. The ones that you saw and you know technically exist but feel more like a fever dream that you wouldn’t want to bring up in good company. When a movie is bad and unremarkable but not to a degree that its badness makes it infamous. Scroll through any actor’s filmography and you’re sure to find more than a few of these gems

Remember when they made not one but TWO live-action GI Joe movies? Me neither, yet so many famous, beloved actors were in those, and apparently a lot of people saw them.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

The only reason I remember Cowboys & Aliens is because I saw it three times in theaters.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

4. Adventures of Pluto Nash. No one has seen this movie.

Kingjohn_654 and Steve_JustAGuy like this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

[​IMG]

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Steve_JustAGuy, Kuri44 and JRGComedy like this.
  8. angrycandy

[​IMG]

9. angrycandy

Dumb and Dumber To

RyanPm40, Zilla and JRGComedy like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Colby Searcy and JRGComedy like this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

12. Colby Searcy and coleslawed like this.
  13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

My theory is that most of the money grossed from these films is teens in middle/high school who have the choice of either hanging out at some random movie or walking around the mall again

Oskarr and CarpetElf like this.
  14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Get Smart, Date Night, Burt Wonderstone. Now that he’s a big time drama actor he would have us forget his roots

15. yeah or when you buy a pg13 ticket and sneak into an R

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I would say most children’s movies are off limits here since kids lack object permanence anyway, but there are exceptions even to that. In the general thread I mentioned the Country Bears movie, but there’s also Cats and Dogs, live action Rocky and Bullwinkle, Son of the Mask

Mac and Me *would* qualify except for Paul Rudd bringing it back from the dead

CarpetElf and JRGComedy like this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Adam Sandler is interesting because you’d think he would be the reigning champ here, but in reality few of his movies fall into this category. They are either remembered fondly or tip too far into the “infamous” category

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

If anyone reading this ever has a chance to talk to John Mulaney, you should say that the only thing you ever really loved by him was Mulaney

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Max Keeble's Big Move

20. p11819804_v_v8_aa.jpg

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That cannot be real.

22. p34798_v_v8_aa.jpg

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. Lol never heard of that show