Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Is Coronavirus causing you to skip shows? Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by CyberInferno, Mar 12, 2020.

1. CyberInferno Mar 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2020)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm posing this question here. I've got a number of shows I'm interested in attending (one next week, one that I already have tickets for at the end of the month), but I'm not entirely sure if I should be attending. I'm in Texas which isn't exactly a hotbed, but of course we don't really know since the U.S. doesn't even have the ability to test for the disease with any competency. Interested in everyone's take on the situation. What's your life situation and is this affecting whether or not you're attending shows (or other events)?

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Hey fellow Dallasite. I'm debating the same thing. I have tickets for a bunch of stuff in the next couple weeks. Most of them are smaller club shows so I'm not extremely worried about it, but it's still in the back of my head.

What shows do you have coming up?

3. emojedi

Trusted

A bunch of friends and I were gonna go to Buffalo from Toronto for TWY but we’ve decided against it. Not feeling getting quarantined at the border or being forced to miss work

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I've got a show this weekend (Against Me!) that we are still planning to attend. I am trying very hard to balance being cautious and taking the right steps to keeping safe, but also at the same time not completely stop living my life.

GrantCloud and riotspray like this.
  5. CyberInferno

Got Silverstein/Four Year Strong next week and Tiny Moving Parts/Jetty Bones/Kayak Jones in Houston on 3/31.

My company just officially announced that everyone is to work from home effective immediately, so I think I got my answer. Anyway. No shows at least for a couple weeks. So no Silverstein, and hopefully things will get better before the last show.

What do you have planned?

riotspray likes this.
  6. CyberInferno

Right, this is where I'm at. Honestly, I think if I didn't have a wife, kids (twin 3-year-old boys), and aging parents, I'd probably just say I'm going anyway and fuck it. But I think I've accepted that I can't risk infecting my loved ones. Just kind of sucks, but hey, big picture.

riotspray and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My next upcoming show (in Dallas) is being rescheduled so I imagine I'm not going to anything else; if I already had tickets I probably would though

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

As far as Silverstein goes, just to let you know, in case you've never been to Gas Monkey Live before, it's a pretty big venue with lots of space. You could easily go see the show and still keep your distance from other people, as long as you didn't want to get up front in the pit. That being said, be safe and do what you think is right.

I have Portrayal of Guilt and Gulch/Fiddlehead next week. Can't remember beyond that without looking at my calendar, which is at home, but I know I have at least 3-4 others before the month ends.

Gulch/Fiddlehead is the show I really don't want to miss.

CyberInferno likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

what show is being rescheduled?

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Hatsune Miku, I am on brand always

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

ahh, that's makes sense. I hadn't heard of any Dallas shows being cancelled/reschedules (other than the parade) so I was curious... Guess it's more about the artist traveling than it is about the location of the show.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Show's still on and no confirmed cases here in Buffalo if you change your mind. Town Ballroom hasn't cancelled any shows and there are a couple sell outs as of this week.

13. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

My guess is most of us probably don't even have to make the decision to attend because every show over ~200 people will be postponed or outright cancelled.

14. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

All I've got in the next few weeks is United Blood and Bad Religion/AK3 at the beginning on April. United Blood just released individual day lineups today so it looks like they're going to go down until the city of Richmond/state of Virginia bans public gatherings. And then I've got Maryland Deathfest at the end of May. But that's over two months away.

So we're in a holding pattern at the moment.

riotspray likes this.
  15. Cmoney86

Trusted

I have killswitch abr and Silverstein/four year strong early April which I still plan on going to. May I have ratm which I’m not missing. August I have lolla Green Day and parkway drive. September I have riot fest. I plan on skippining non of them unless they are cancelled/postponed

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Glitch Mob tour got canned. Kinda bummed about it, but its $80 back in my pocket.

17. J12

Trusted Supporter

I don't have a ton in March or April. Supposed to be seeing Ilana Glazer next week. After that, my schedule is clear until Spanish Love Songs/Future Teens at the end of April. Maine just got its very first case today, and we aren't cancelling events yet (outside of college), but I suspect that's coming soon.

I'll likely go to Glazer next week if it's not outright cancelled, though I wouldn't be devastated if it was.

My summer is absolutely flooded with plans, though, so that's what I'm primarily worried about now.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Waiting to see if The Wonder Years will cancel the rest of their tour. Kind of hoping they do for everyone's health and safety.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. atlas

Trusted

man I even joked yesterday about not missing ETID tonight for anything but I'm not gonna go. it's just not worth it

CyberInferno likes this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If there was ever a "way to go out", an ETID show would be it.

chris-wrecker likes this.
  22. flask

Trusted Supporter

I urge everyone to reconsider attending live events for the next month or two. I’m assuming most of us on here are young and in good health but PLEASE think of those who are vulnerable in your community.

Mary V likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

yeah no the concern is not for me, a healthy 23 year old, but I work in a library frequented by older patrons and some of my coworkers are immunocompromised. I'm not taking the risk of contracting it and giving it to anyone else

Mary V, CyberInferno and flask like this.
  24. I have a show booked on April 12, RIP to that I guess

25. fbrrocks

Trusted

same even tho i really want to see them in ct