Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Gameday Week 2 Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Henry likes this.
  2. socklord Sep 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2019)
    socklord

Trusted

GO BIRDS

3. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Went 11-4 week 1

CAR over TB
    CIN over SF
    LAC over DET
    GB over MIN
    TEN over IND
    NE over MIA
    NYG over BUF
    PIT over SEA
    DAL over WAS
    BAL over AZ
    HOU over JAX
    KC over OAK
    DEN over CHI
    NO over LAR
    PHI over ATL
    NYJ over CLE

4. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Texans

Win

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Do things

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Cowboys over Redskins
    Panthers over Buccaneers
    Bengals over 49ers
    Chargers over Lions
    Vikings over Packers
    Titans over Colts
    Patriots over Dolphins
    Bills over Giants
    Seahawks over Steelers
    Ravens over Cardinals
    Texans over Jaguars
    Chiefs over Raiders
    Bears over Broncos
    Saints over Rams
    Eagles over Falcons
    Browns over Jets

7. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Gardner Minshew III

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Sigh

9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Do not have a good feeling about the Eagles this weekend. I just don’t see the the Falcons starting at 0-2

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

People think the Bengals are gonna beat SF?

hmmmmmmm

a nice person likes this.
  11. If Panthers lose tomorrow I'm cool with kicking Rivera to the curb. Sunday was the same we've been playing for 8 years. If we can't beat a Bucs team that just traveled to Arizona and now have to play on a Thursday on the road then I've seen enough.

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Go Colts and Go Jagwires

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  13. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Lets go Broncos!!!
    [​IMG]

14. Go Titans

dallasc likes this.
  15. Randall Mentzos

Why do you like to see me suffer

16. There's too much AFCS talk in here so I gotta show them some love.

17. Randall Mentzos

No. Titans are the redheaded stepchild. No one shows them love. Not even Nashville.

18. Randall Mentzos

Sorry @dallasc @cbow52 y’all are nice but I can’t bring myself to say one kind thing about your football team lol

Don’t worry y’all will probably keep sweeping us so it’s not like I’ll ever be able to shit talk DOWN to the Titans instead of UP

dallasc likes this.
  19. So Mariota has had a new HC or OC pretty much every season right? Has he developed poorly because of no continuity or are people getting fired because he makes the coaches look bad? Or is it both?

20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I think it’s just cause he’s bad. V bad

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. whitenblue88 Sep 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2019)
    whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’d put them in this order

1) feels like he’s always questionable and misses a few games. Can’t put together a whole healthy season
    2) no continuity/no truly great OC working with him
    3) his inaccuracy really stands out now that he’s out of Oregon’s very friendly system and it hasn’t really developed since he’s been in the league

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah i'm super curious how the landscape of the NFL would be right now if the Eagles moved up to take Mariota that year like many fans wanted them to

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Randall Mentzos

Mariota just is bad at anticipation. He’s accurate when he sees a dude open and bullets it. But when the coverage is very good / when the pass rush gets there quickly, he does not know how to visualize ahead of time which spot on the field he should throw to.

The goal is to release the ball early, but give it a slower arc so it can still hit a route RIGHT when it reaches the soft spot of the defense. That’s when his accuracy looks horrible. He is bad at planning ahead and throwing touch passes... and you just need that at the NFL level to avoid stalling out repeatedly against good defense.

24. Randall Mentzos

He’s also reluctant to throw contested passes. Being conservative is not a bad thing by itself, but it is when you ALSO dont know how to plan ahead like other conservative QBs do. A conservative QB who can only make obvious reads is just going to be a subpar QB in the NFL, even though Mariota is very athletic and very efficient when he sticks to those obvious reads. The Titans basically have to baby him and treat him like a rookie QB still, make every decision easy.

25. socklord

Trusted

I’m not worried. I’m sure it’ll be a high scoring game, but I think the Eagles defensive line will be able to come up with some big plays for us that could determine the game, especially considering one of their starting lineman is already out with a broken foot.

West coast team traveling east for a 1pm game puts SF at a disadvantage, no matter how slight it may be.

theagentcoma likes this.
  26. broken22

(:

I fully expect the Eagles to gash the Falcons with the run game, I also expect Dougie P to out coach Dan Quinn.

socklord likes this.