Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

5 Seconds of Summer Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

5 Seconds of Summer have the number one album in the country:

In a week where there’s no shortage of action at the top of the Billboard 200 albums chart, 5 Seconds of Summer debut at No. 1 with the band’s third full-length studio album, Youngblood. The set arrives atop the tally with 142,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending June 21, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 117,000 were in traditional album sales.

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

How did the new Mayday sell???

3. aniafc

Trusted

that does not sound like it’s gonna chart well, sadly

4. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Yikes. I'm guessing streaming numbers aren't included with this, right?

5. Correct.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Where do you usually find these numbers? Curious how state champs did.

7. That’s from HitsDailyDouble. Soundscan isn’t out yet I don’t think.

tyramail likes this.
  8. aniafc Jun 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2018)
    aniafc

Trusted

Where did you see the sales for Mayday? Not too familiar with Hits Daily Double, but this is the only chart I could find (which seems to show streams + sales (which according to this, Mayday doesn't crack the top 50)

Edit: Guess it would be smart if I included the link, haha.

HITS Daily Double

9. aniafc

Trusted

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Man that’s a bummer, coming back to this album more and more, really enjoying it...

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Xtina got such few streams lmao I feel like I was literally half of them. Her album is good tho sux everyone is sleeping on it. Sick of Sittin cracks me up cause it is such a literal drag of the Voice like dang sis ur not even gonna metaphor that!

No opinion on the other albums!

12. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

No one's really sleeping on it. It did 68,000 in its first week. Her last record, which dropped six years ago, did 73,408 copies in its first week. That's a pretty decent decline.

13. Kiana Jun 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2018)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Eh it only did so well cause she has the tour bundle and hasn't toured in 10 years and none of the songs she's released as singles or for promo has made much impact. Not that i wanna discredit her success but she did those numbers for lotus without any sort of tour at all or even ever performing the lead single. And I don't even rly mean slept on in terms of sales but just like... pop culture impact. I think the convo around the album is def being overshadowed by the carters stuff and xxx (and even without that it wouldn't be generating a ton of buzz) but I mean she'll survive lol.

14. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Same here. Really enjoying it aside from a couple tracks. Splitting time between this and the new P!ATD album.

New 5SOS album was quite disappointing. Lead singles were good. Rest of the album is pretty bad.