Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Simple Plan / State Champs / We The Kings Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by pbueddi, Aug 12, 2019.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

2. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Surprised WTK could swallow their pride

BoldType, ALT/MSC/FAN, Brent and 3 others like this.
  3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

See you in Grand Rapids.

4. eight30

Regular

I was pretty sure I saw Travis at the State Champs show in Orlando in March so this validates that in my head, haha. I'm not 100% sure I would have went to this but I'm upset there's not any FL dates.

5. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I'm probably in the minority on this site with this opinion, but I really wish State Champs would have toured with some newer acts for this tour. Nothing against Simple Plan and WTK, it just feels odd that half of the bands on this tour released their best/hit album(s) 10+ years ago and haven't even came close to topping it.

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  6. j0hnnyb0i

ticketmaster presale code for wed?

7. meggers Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    meggers

Trusted

8. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Never seen WTK other than a song or two at warped so I'm stoked for this. Simple Plan and Champs are always good so I can't miss this tour

theasteriskera likes this.
  9. zachmacD

Trusted

Is Simple Plan really bigger than State Champs?

Brent likes this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They are close to the same size, which is why they are co-headlining.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

Good call. didn't look at the poster. I'm still surprised they are even the same size

12. DonnyFTW

Regular

2 Different fanbases really. Simple Plan is playing for the nostalgia crowd and State Champs for the current generation. Both will benefit from this tour as maybe some 30 year old hears State Champs for the first time and become fans. Same with the 16 year old State Champs fans hearing Simple Plan for the first time.

13. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Got my ticket for LA! Super stoked

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Price was originally advertised as $37.50 but now it's $43.50 for my date :/

15. TDenverFan

Regular

Same for Simple Plan to a degree. Good move by them though to try to keep growing their base.

16. meggers

Trusted

Northbound have been added to all dates.

17. Kristen

Regular

This must not be selling well. I received an offer for 2 free tickets from the venue and I checked the ticket prices and they seem to be running a 2 for 1 special.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  18. pbueddi

Trusted

Would have loved to have finally seen SP. Their first proper US tour in god knows how long and of course there are no dates that worked out.

19. DarkestDayOfMan Nov 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2019)
    DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Honestly I feel like the demographic difference between the nostalgia pop punk crowd and the new pop punk crowd was big enough that it negatively impacted the tour. A State Champs / The Story So Far / Grayscale / Northbound bill would have sold really well. Alternatively a Simple Plan / Sum 41 / We The Kings tour would have done really well.

20. bkaeser93

Trusted

I honestly love this lineup wish Florida had a date

21. DonnyFTW

Regular

The Niagara Falls NY date was packed but Simple Plan loving Canadians made up half the crowd.

22. Joshua

Regular

My friends went to the Jersey show, apparently it was pretty packed and that show was on a Monday

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

These are selling fine from what I've heard

24. cameoutswingin

Regular

Yeah idk what shows weren't selling well, but Long Island was pretty packed, even if they did do a groupon deal (that I missed out on ). Some of these shows are in smaller markets, so maybe it could just being a matter of them having to choose between a room that's way to small or a room that's a bit too big, and went with the big. Can't think of a better newer pop punk band to fit this other than State Champs.

25. brothemighty

Trusted

Holy shit We the Kings are still together