Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Fantasy Football $$$ League 2019 Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

2. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

In

xbrokendownx likes this.
  3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

In!

xbrokendownx likes this.
  4. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Here to rule

xbrokendownx likes this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Definitely back... to draft horribly, and then obsess over trades and pickups to try to sneak into the playoffs anyway, just to lose in the first round at best

John Lopiano and xbrokendownx like this.
  6. In to fleece Randall in a trade

7. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

In.

Get rid of the stupid kicker.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  8. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

In, and I 2nd eliminating kickers.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Chris aka artist formerly known as thechrisformat is also in

if more people want to take the kicker out, I am certainly not against that

10. I'm okay with no kicker

11. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I'm cool with no kicker, won't be offended either way

12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

now would ya'll wanna add another flex/WR spot or just nix the kicker and keep everything else the same

13. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I’m back of course.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  14. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I say keep everything else the same, not gonna throw a fit either way

15. Randall Mentzos

I say keep the kicker. I like having a wild card

TSLROCKS likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Keep the kicker!

18. michaelvalerijr

I’d bd cool with adding a flex in place of the K but am also cool with just being one starter spot less. We’re TRYING to play a game of skill, not Old Maid or some shit—no need for a “wildcard.”

19. Randall Mentzos

Trying to pretend that fantasy football isn’t just as much luck as skill is pretentious

Even without the kicker, crazy unfortunate things are going to happen to essentially all of us. Removing the kicker doesn’t take that element out of the game hardly at all.

20. Randall Mentzos

Also kickers are NOT a total crapshoot. Teams with solid offenses but conservative coaches kick a lot more field goals than teams with bad offenses or aggressive coaches.

It may be hard to predict what kind of production you’ll get week to week, but if you’re smart you can pick a kicker who OVERALL scores more than others.

There’s strategy to it just like any other position. I think it’s being whiney to act like the kicker “isn’t fair”. I have never had a problem finding a reliable kicker.

21. michaelvalerijr

22. Randall Mentzos

So that dude:

1) based that whole article on how people habitually draft kickers who were good a few years ago. Of course you can’t just draft Gostkowski or Zeuerlein every year and keep expecting them to perform like a top 10 kicker.

He acts so bewildered that Jason Myers is a top scoring kicker now, but Adam Gase is exactly that kind of coach I’m talking about who gets into scoring range a lot but is conservative once he gets there. Myers legitimately IS one of the best young kickers in the league to so it makes sense he would emerge.

Meanwhile the Rams have gotten much more aggressive on offense, so Zeuerlein underperforming is consistent with my logic above as well. They don’t like to plan for field goals / conservative scoring like they used to.

2) The article contradicts itself. First it argues that there’s too much variance to predict kickers, but then in the Vegas section he argues the opposite using his numerical data, saying that the variance isn’t wide enough to make kickers valuable to bet on. Essentially he calls them “luck” but then also argues they aren’t that lucky.

He also keeps saying that the “whole fantasy pool isn’t available” as an argument for why you can’t just stream good kickers, but then he also points out that the best kickers usually aren’t drafted! Because each of the top 12 kickers on average finish 10 spots lower. So he debunks his own argument there too because that indicates that the ACTUAL top 12 kickers are often still on the waiver wire. That is a failure of fantasy teams to recognize and adjust to changing trends, not a problem with the kicker position.

3) this is a guy who says he doesn’t like PPR... which I really don’t agree with, and he also suggests a “super flex” that includes QUARTERBACKS. What!? That would mess up the parity of the league WAY more than kickers.

4) I don’t think it’s a problem that maybe one - two games out of the year, your kicker goes off. Every position has players that randomly spike in scoring above their normal output. What about when a slot receiver puts up 35 points because of happening to catch two long bombs? That’s just part of FF. I don’t get why that’s any more or less frustrating than when other average players go off.

23. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

My vote is to keep kickers.

I have to keep my streak up of drafting Justin Tucker 6 rounds before any of you goons touch a kicker and then watch him shit on your teams down the stretch.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

it doesn't seem like there is any majority either way so I think we'll be keeping them

25. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

#KickersAreAthletesToo

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.