Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 344

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Did I ever show you guys the nerdy/cool contraption I made to house my Sherlock pipe?

Sorry if I’ve already posted this. My memory isn’t what it used to be.

Made with k’nex from my youth!

upload_2023-2-17_16-6-59.jpeg
    upload_2023-2-17_16-7-12.jpeg
    upload_2023-2-17_16-7-23.jpeg
    upload_2023-2-17_16-7-35.jpeg

I tried to search my previous posts in here, but couldn’t find any.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hahahaha dear lord that's funny and genius

3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Haha it fits perfectly and the section that holds the neck of the piece articulates a little bit.

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

that rules

5. Mr. Serotonin Feb 19, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2023)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I was thinkin of gettin a nectar collector cause they seem like a cheap semi discreet way to try out some concentrates Anything in particular you guys would recommend? Just lookin for somethin pretty cheap and efficient really. Concentrates are so cheap around here it seems like I HAVE to try em out haha

also - are regular dab rigs better? I’ve had those before and they worked fine, just more pieces it seems like. Kinda wanted to switch it up

billyboatman likes this.
  6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

In my opinion they’re almost exactly alike from what I recall. The high at least, the impact of choking on the hit and coughing until your head is floating 2 ft. off your shoulders.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

jkauf and AgonizingFir like this.
  8. yeahrightdude Feb 21, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2023)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

You’re dabbing way too hot if you’re choking like that on the hit. Give it a sec after torching the banger before dabbing. I like to do cold starts. Put the oil in the banger, cap it, and torch it from the bottom until it starts to boil. This is an easy way to dab effectively without burning super hot.

rigs are far better. Nectar collectors are usually boro, or have a cheap titanium or quarts tip. They don’t regulate temp well and if it’s not percolated you’ll get hot oil in your mouth.

Grab a cheap rig plus a decent banger and torch and take care of the banger and you’ll get a far more enjoyable experience than any nectar collector. Or just go with a puffco/carta. The money you save will pay it off in no time

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

the only benefit to a nectar collector really is the convenience/low barrier of entry. it's like smoking out of a cheap metal pipe. it'll do the trick, but if you want a good experience or you plan on doing it more than a couple times, you might as well invest in something a little better

Mr. Serotonin and yeahrightdude like this.
  10. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I think I might have CHS :uhoh: anybody ever been down that road? I feel like it was discussed in here at some point long ago

11. Mr. Serotonin

Thank you my friend

yeahrightdude likes this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

My ex almost certainly did. I don’t think there’s anything you can do but to stop or take a long break, unfortunately

Signifire likes this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

Thanks, I’ve never used one I’d only heard about them. Sounds like I won’t start too anytime soon, either haha. Seemingly just the novelty gets people excited

riotspray likes this.
  14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I think it's a fine way to dip your toes in the water but I also feel like you're getting a pretty subpar experience.

Mr. Serotonin and yeahrightdude like this.
  15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

totally agree. If you're using concentrate to deal with pain or fall asleep if you're struggling with insomnia, it works great. If you're trying to get into concentrates it's an extra step you don't really need to take if you can afford to skip it.

Mr. Serotonin and riotspray like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I think I’m gonna cool it on cartridges and stick to dabs and joints

17. Signifire

Yeah I’m doing that right now, it’s a huge bummer and I am sad. From what I’m reading about it, I’ll never be able to smoke the same way, always gotta take it easy in super moderation moving forward when I do smoke again.

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Sounds like such a bummer. Did it start randomly for you?

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

How old are you if you don’t mind my asking? Also, can you vape, use oil, edibles or all THC will fuck you up?

20. Signifire

I’m 29, been smoking /vaping strictly weed since I was like 15 pretty much every day with little breaks here and there. Can’t even take CBD as far as I can tell without risking a flare up.

jkauf likes this.
  21. Signifire

Pretty much. I took some Advil like a month and a half ago for an injury and smoked a ton the same day and ended up puking up some dried up blood. After doing some research I found out that this is the sign of an ulcer, and it was an isolated incident. I started going to the doctor for what I thought was an ulcer and was taking medication for it etc and still didn’t feel 100%, like I would feel a little bit better at times but still not 100% and then my blood, urine, and x rays all showed no signs of an ulcer. After having an incident where I threw up like everything in me, I decided to stop taking medication for something I apparently don’t even have cuz wtf.

Stopped taking all the medication and shit and just went on my merry way smoking and eating whatever and just felt like nauseous and headachey/light headed consistently, so I finally decided that it’s probably the weed that’s doing it. I haven’t found out for sure but all of my symptoms kind of line up with that. It’s like no matter how much water I drink I still feel lightheaded and dehydrated, and there have been a few spells of throwing up.

22. Signifire

Sorry to hear that. What are your symptoms and like how do you feel that’s making you think that it’s CHS?

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Asked about age because of this. I hope I’m in the clear since I’m almost 40 and didn’t really start smoking until 30. Hope all of you feel better soon.

FEC72908-10F0-43D3-9FE2-A287D88BDD8E.jpeg

sophos34 likes this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

that's wild. I've never even heard of that before, though it almost reminds me of the symptoms of some people I've met who are allergic to cannabis. I started smoking around the age of 20 and though it hasn't been everyday since then, my usage has definitely increased over time and now I'm a daily user. tbh sounds like my worst nightmare bc i love weed

wonder if more research can be done on this in the near future and we'll have something to prevent or treat it without people having to give up weed

jkauf likes this.
  25. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Especially for me when it’s just as much medicinal as it is recreational, I’d be really screwed

OotyPa likes this.