Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 257

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

nice, i have some mimosa right now too. uh it's pretty bangin'

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

blazin'

3. OotyPa

fall away

Wondering what everyone thinks about using carts now that the initial vape-related death-scare has quieted? Especially curious considering the respiratory pandemic occurring at the moment.

4. Renee

Well I just got 4 on Monday so...

But 2 of them don't work?

5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Ah this is the worst part about carts. If you use up one of the ones that does work, you should be able to swap the oil into the one that doesn’t work using a syringe. The one I found that works for this is called a BD 3ml Syringe Luer-Lok Tip with Blunt Fill Needle and can be found on Amazon. Of course there needs to be an opening in the cart for you to be able to fit the syringe in to get to the oil. Sometimes the mouth piece screws off and that’s how you can access it.

there’s the possibility that you can’t access the oil though for whatever reason, I have come across that as well.

riotspray and Renee like this.
  6. Renee

Thanks for the info! Turns out the battery I have just doesn't heat the oil up hot enough. I tired it in my brother's battery that preheat and sure enough, both work. I'm so glad it's just that, because what you said sounds a little too complicated

Oh whoa do they work

Signifire likes this.
  7. MattNCheeze

Trusted

tried swapping oil one time and issa bitch and tbh not worth the hassle but that's just me

riotspray likes this.
  8. Signifire

It’s a bitch for sure but totally worth it if you can get it to work. I had like five carts with just a tiny bit of oil left in them and none of them were producing anymore vapor. Combined them all into one cart and basically got another gram out of it.

riotspray likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I tried swapping once too and it was just a mess, sticky oil everywhere. I’m good on carts, this past fall was enough to scare me away.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Signifire

Yeah I’m good on carts too. Even without the scare the high just doesn’t do it for me in the same way and it hurts my head a lot of the time.

riotspray and waking season like this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away

I find that carts are useful for convenience sake. Like, if I want to smoke inconspicuously without the smell and quickly. I find them to be pretty damn strong if I haven't used them in awhile, but the effect lasts for shorter periods of time. For the most part, like 95% of the time, I smoke/vape flower.

For those who still use carts, would you mind explaining how you can tell if it's safe or not? Recently asked for one and it was expensive (supposedly from a dispensary) and I just want to make sure I didn't make a bad decision paying up the ass for something that's gonna put me at risk.

12. Signifire

I will say when I was dry last week and my tolerance was pretty low, I hit the remains of a pen a few times and it totally did the trick, so it’s definitely got its place. And for convenience sake I 100% get it. I just end up blowing right through it when I take it out and about lol.

waking season likes this.
  13. Renee

My brother has been using Buddha Vape carts before the vape scare. I'm very new to using them, but he seems fine so I just use those too. But who honestly knows what's legit and what's not? The packaging isnt actually sealed or anything. I used to smoke cigarettes and started switching to juul last spring (and last july for good) before the illnesses, so while the question was all vape products for a while, I still used a juul. At the time, and still now, I wasnt ready to give up nicotine just yet so my alternative would be switching back to cigarettes. I look at it as definite doom vs possibly equal or worse doom?

OotyPa likes this.
  14. riotspray Jun 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2020)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If you're buying carts on the black market, then you have no idea what you're getting. Simple as that. Which is why I stopped buying them. (that and they hardly ever got me high, so who knows what was in them))

If you can get them from a reputable dispensary, or you're buying Juul from a retailer, I think you're probably fine.

Signifire, Renee and OotyPa like this.
  15. Renee

That's why I continued to use the juul products during that situation. A whole other part of my reasoning is the long term effects. We know what those are with tobacco. If it's a possibility that vaping is a safer alternative, I'll roll that dice. If it's not, at least I don't smell like that smoke anymore?

But juul stopped selling menthol pods in my state (everywhere altogether?) i stocked up on a bunch so I'll be quitting in a like 6-8 months. Hopefully:fingerscrossed:

riotspray likes this.
  16. Signifire

Called out of work tonight. Been very stressed. Going to smoke lots of weed.

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I know this break will be good in the long run but I’d love to smoke and get a decent night sleep right now. Melatonin and Hammock will have to do.

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

So I clean my vape every time after using it, just a little brush to get any remnants of flower outta there, but today I've decided to give it a deep clean for the first time.

Oh my god. Took the filter out and it was basically exploding due to the amount of crap that had accumulated in there, like it was being pushed apart. The mouthpiece is full of this horrible sticky black stuff too, but it's impossible to clean cause you can't get anything in there to push it out. I'm replacing the filter with a new one, but that mouthpiece is fucked.

sonder likes this.
  19. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Seriously good luck...that shit gets nasty. My gf didn’t realize how often she needed to clean her vape after she first got it and ran into the same issue :teethsmile:

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Man today I pulled a chunk of gunk out of it the size of my little finger nail. Like I'm amazed any air was able to pass through it before. Tonight I've put it back together again after soaking all day, took a tiny little hit, and got this huge billow of smoke straight off. Currently at about a 9. I've wasted so much good weed on this thing haha.

21. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

get at it!!

AFoolsGlory and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m cheating and getting some peanut butter cups but it’s still not smoking!

Renee, riotspray and supernovagirl like this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

2418B5B8-38EC-40B3-BC11-FEA77C6C1E1B.jpeg

This falafel burger

24. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Picked up Chocolate Haze. Waiting on Thai food, watching Joe Bob Briggs. Yes.

Ben and waking season like this.
  25. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Love a good falafel.

waking season likes this.