Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 223

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'll take pictures later if I get a chance/remember. Like I said, it looks and smells like killer bud, so based on that, I don't think even the biggest connoisseur would be able to tell. Smoking it, it tastes like weed (maybe not quite as pronounced as some really good bud, but it tastes decent)

I've given it to a handful of people so far and no one has said anything, so I'm hoping it's just a tolerance issue, but if the bag isn't 100% normal weed or 100% CBD, and is mixed, it's that much more difficult to really tell.

Of the 4 strains though, only one of them had some buds that looked like they could be from a different batch. The rest all had consistent looking buds and it seems like it'd be difficult to get CBD flower that matched appearance to real weed for multiple strains like that, so I'm hoping/guessing it's just a tolerance issue.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I think the only way you can really tell is by asking your friends if they feel high after smoking with them, or taking a day or two and then smoking and seeing how you feel. There have been plenty of times I blamed the weed when it was probably my insane tolerance that ruined my high.

3. Mr. Serotonin Mar 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2020)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I've also legitimately had sativa strains where I could barely tell I was high, haha. Effected me in a weird way. Almost made me focused.

alina likes this.
  4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

With a high tolerance, a good sativa is hard to get “too high” on for me. Instead I just feel like I’m on cocaine haha except I’ve never done cocaine

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

A good sativa should definitely wake and refocus you. A great sativa will open the creative floodgates and your mind will start racing. I feel like I notice that more than the sleepy effects of a good indica. If you have experienced depression before, you’ll know what I mean.

supernovagirl likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I may just have sleep apnea/chronic fatigue/narcolepsy but I don't know that I've ever had weed that woke me up.

Mr. Serotonin and yeahrightdude like this.
  7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

One of the biggest stepbacks the weed culture ever made was pretending you can classify effects by indica and sativa :facepalm2:

Mr. Serotonin and riotspray like this.
  8. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Everything I smoke keeps me awake. Doesn't matter what it is. It just all overrides my exhaustion.

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn I've never heard anyone say that before haha

riotspray and yeahrightdude like this.
  10. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

To be honest I kinda hate it! I used to be able to smoke and take a killer nap and that was one of my favorite things. Oh well.

yeahrightdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I agree to a certain extent... Things are too blended these days to be a "pure" anything. That said, I totally can tell the difference in bud that keeps me awake vs. puts me to sleep.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

It's just funny when someone thinks "sativas never make me energized" but the strains they're smoking are always hybrids. Or even worse when someone recommends "indica" for anxiety but there are a lot of hybrids labeled indica that can cause severe anxiety

I think places like Leafly are finally catching on and shifting away from this thinking though so that's good!

riotspray likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Leafly is the bomb.com. Only thing is that I still pick up from dealers, and most of the time the strains are not actually what my dealers say they are. Unless the bud is given to me still in the dispensary packaging, there's no way of telling for sure. Also, different strains affect people differently no matter what "the intended effects" are. Pre-conditions like brain chemistry, level of fatigue, etc will always play a factor so it's nearly impossible to categorize/label anything without regulation. I just smoke whatever I get and see how I feel, and that's usually how I identify my bud.

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This country sucks, time to get baked and play Zelda

15. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

urgent question: I'm making coconut cannaoil this weekend... should I get 1 oz mix of gg4, gsc, sour d, and sherbert og shake for ~$100 OR 1 oz of white runtz shake for ~$160?

is white runtz (shake) $60 better? I'm 90% sure I'll be off my ass either way so I'm leaning towards the cheaper mix. lmao.

thank you in advance for your input. much appreciated.

16. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Wishing I didn’t have to teach a lecture and two labs today and could just stay home and get unbelievably baked after this primary

jkauf, K0ta, supernovagirl and 2 others like this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

All of those strains are "good" in my experience. Unless the THC content of the runtz is 60% higher than that of the others (which I highly doubt that it is), I'd go with the cheaper stuff. When making edibles, the quality doesn't matter as much as when you're smoking it.

edit: not that quality doesn't matter... surely the cannabanoid content matters, but how the weed looks, smells, tastes, etc isn't all that important for edibles

arewhyayein and waking season like this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

so as i said before, i only lasted a week on my t break, spent all day saturday smoking p much and then i started the break again that night and haven't smoked since. i was mostly taking this break incidentally since i ran out of weed and am more or less broke rn. however, i am supposed to be starting a new job soon and while before i wasn't worried about a drug test since no one had mentioned one at all, it was mentioned to me today that that might be a possibility, though i have no idea if it's a piss test or a swab or what. i'm guessing at this point if it were to happen, it'd be next week; should i go ahead and buy some of the fake piss to be safe, or does anyone think that i might be fine to pass one given the time frames i've mentioned? i know we've had variations of this conversation a million times, but if you all wouldn't mind humoring me i would appreciate it lol

supernovagirl likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

how much were you smoking before you're originally week long T-break? if you were a daily smoker, I'd say get the fake piss, if you only smoked occasionally, a couple of weeks off will probably do the trick

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

just bought a infused nerds rope that is supposedly 400mg!!!!

21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I personally would buy a detox or fake piss just to be safe but that’s just me I’m paranoid and would always rather be safe than sorry
    Have you picked up a test from the dollar store to see what what it’s telling you

EmmanuelSCastle and riotspray like this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Dollar store test is a good idea

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah, I'd test myself to see the results. Might want to stay on your t-break for a little longer and pick up some of the fake piss just in case you're not clean in time--it's what I did recently when detoxing for an employment drug test. Didn't end up using the fake piss but I have it on-hand if I ever need in the future.

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yep, daily smoker. will def try the drug test and see what it says, and i'll try to get the fake piss asap. how do detoxes work? now im nervous yall lol

do you remember what kind you ended up getting? and how discreet it looks if i tried to sneak it in?

thank you all for your input, i appreciate it immensely

Mr. Serotonin and supernovagirl like this.
  25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Quick Fix Plus. Its fairly discreet. I didnt use it though so I don’t know how it feels to have a hot bottle of synthetic urine underneath my balls. Im sure its not comfortable but ive only heard that it works. They have a video on their site that explains how to use it in very simple terms if that helps calm your nerves.