Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 197

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn it didn’t effect my voice at all oddly enough

Borat 2: Vengeance and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I definitely think weed can have a negative impact on some peoples’ motivation and energy. It’s all about moderation, obviously- and some people can handle routinely smoking better than others. I admit tho, i was planning on taking a t-break after running out a few days ago. Then last night i couldnt sleep, so today I texted my dealer lol. I don’t like to feel dependent on smoking, but I definitely am aware i have addictive sensibilities and need to keep a careful handle on it. Especially since I work from home and it can easily hamper my enthusiasm and productivity. I think the objective worst thing about being a smoker is how much money I spend on it yearly. Calculated it recently and I could be saving thousands.

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah idk what happened but when I go for a light whispery note, or falsetto, my voice cracks like crazy. That used to come very naturally for me with no real effort. I also have pretty bad chronic dry mouth that can't be helping things either, even when I don't smoke, so it's hard to say the true cause. I feel like I was a bit better after I took a weeklong t-break on a vacation overseas a couple years ago.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

Smoking before bed is the best. That's what would make it hard for me to quit. I know I could, because I have before...it's just not preferable, haha. I can not smoke all day, but I just really enjoy it right before bed.

5. RyanPm40

Officially slept completely fine without smoking for the first time in a long time last night. Thank you, Ambien. I might try taking a break for awhile now

6. Mr. Serotonin

Switchin' to Ambien instead sounds...interesting :crylaugh:

7. RyanPm40

I've had a prescription for a long time now haha I just used to smoke and then take an Ambien for bed bc of my insomnia, but seems like I don't need to be reliant on both anymore :P

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

considering the number of people that have died from cigs and alcohol, I'd say it could be THAT much better

9. Mr. Serotonin

The fact that you can easily die from alcohol withdrawals and you cannot die from marijuana withdrawals makes it a lot safer, i'd say.

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Yeah true. I’ve been basically a daily smoker since 2012 with no breaks other than vacations and I feel fine, but if I drink for a week straight, I want to die

riotspray likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

I feel like dying the next day even if I have like 3 drinks in one night lol

BirdPerson, PatRFinley and riotspray like this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

100%

I've been a daily smoker since 2001 (yes, I'm old af) and have never really had any negative effects that I can truly attribute to cannabis. I get a cough sometimes (but I have asthma, and inhaling smoke of any kind isn't great) - sometimes I feel fatigued (but I don't sleep well, and probably have sleep apnea) - I do feel slightly addicted since I do it every day and despite REALLY needing a tolerance break, I never actually do it.

But I basically stopped drinking because I'd feel like shit from even just a drink or two. I will still occasionally drink and feel okay, but it's difficult for me to hit that sweet spot where I get a good buzz and don't feel terrible.

13. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

just curious, how are you using it for insomnia? I know someone who has been dealing with it lately who is open to cannabis.

14. RyanPm40

I just smoke a bowl before I get ready for bed. I'll smoke, brush my teeth, maybe watch a couple episodes of something on Hulu and pass out.

It was a lifechanger when I started smoking my freshman year of college. I've had a lot of chronic fatigue and insomnia issues after being undiagnosed with Lyme disease for years and had to be homeschooled for a year or two in highschool because not only was I sick, but I was literally getting maybe 1-2 hours of sleep before having to get on the bus in the morning. Had to start taking reduced days in school because of it

sonder and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

does anyone know how long a break has to be for it to affect your tolerance

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

In my experience 2 weeks is the best

RyanPm40, OotyPa and Signifire like this.
  17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I agree with 2 weeks but I suggested that to someone in here a few months ago and they later said they wish they would have waited a month, so. It’s just a matter of like, how much higher do you wanna get?

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I've always thought a month and 2 weeks were pretty similar. 2 weeks had more bang for your buck unless you wanna wait like 2-3 months. It's been like 5 years since I did that last though so I could be remembering wrong. Plus everyone's reactions can be different

RyanPm40 and Signifire like this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

honestly I can feel my tolerance lower in as little as two days but for it to be a lot yeah a week or two minimum

20. RyanPm40

It feels weird to realize I've never taken more than a week break in the past 8 years heh

yeahrightdude likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

also in regards to tolerance, switching strains can also help if you’re dealer consistently has the same shit or you go for the same shit at the dispensary every time, you build tolerances to specific strains so it helps to change it up whenever you can

mad, yeahrightdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Signifire

My mom has Huntington’s Disease and has tried smoking weed a couple of different times as a form of relief but it hasn’t ever really worked out for her. We had the idea to try edibles so my dad made some butter with a quarter I gave him. He ended up only using a third of the butter on a batch of cookies, which probably made about 40 cookies, and I just ate ten of them to be the test dummy for my mom.. but I’m just here thinking like damn I wish he would have used more butter. Apparently there was an issue and he wasn’t able to use all of the butter on one recipe like he was initially planning on doing, so I’m just bummed out now because my mom isn’t going to be able to eat more than like three of these things (she has trouble with eating in general and is very particular so the weed taste will likely turn her off a bit). I’m just really curious to see how high I even get with ten of these cookies. Currently waiting for it to kick in. My mom is gonna try them in a little while but again, she’s only gonna eat three so I really hope it’s effective at that low of a dose.

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

We've been learning about Huntington's in school and I just wanna say I'm sorry, that's not fun at all. :uhoh:

Signifire likes this.
  24. Signifire

Appreciate that, it can be tough but I mainly just feel really bad for her and wish I could do something to help. I also don’t know if I personally have it so it’s something I always wonder about, but kinda fear getting tested myself.

BirdPerson, RyanPm40 and ChiliTacos like this.
  25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Ah I can't even imagine being faced with the decision to get tested or not.

BirdPerson likes this.