Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 193

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

The thread was posted by Mike from a big Oregon company named Geekfarms and had a bunch of the other GC guys as well as guys like Adam Dunn and Tim Martin commenting in agreement

Apparently one or some of the deaths happened in Oregon so the agency that governs their industry is currently investigating. At the moment it's not known what's the actual culprit in this, cart material, the glycerine, the solvents used to make the oil, if it was related to additional flavorings or anything like that though. So obviously this could just be a minor road bump (with all due respect for those who lost their lives, they're certainly not a "road bump") in the progression of cannabis or it could be a bullet to the head of a rapidly rising portion of the industry.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I think I'm done with the carts now, too sketchy.

My mom legit texted me freaking out saying she hopes I've been watching the news about these and that she'd be willing to pay for me and my girlfriend to see a smoking cessation hypnotherapist lmao. I had to explain to her that it isn't an addiction and I can really take it or leave it

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I’m good sticking to bud and I’ve been interested in trying tinctures since I can’t smoke at my apartment. I had a fake cart around Christmas and developed a nasty cough so that scared me off carts for a bit anyway.

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been tellin’ y’all... dug outs are the way to go. The OG vape pen lol

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I also got a text from my freaked out mom
    she did not however mention hypnotherapy lol

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

my mom was freaked out too lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Idk, with the amount of testing that they do on cannabis in California, I'm not worried about it. I have a decent Palm battery too now. But hey maybe that'll temporarily drive down prices.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. riotspray Sep 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The cannabis itself isn't the problem. It's probably the glycerine or proplyne or Vitamin E or whatever the fuck. There's not lots of research on the effects of vaping those things, especially prolonged exposure.

9. RyanPm40

Yeah, if I tip a cart upside down and the air bubble moves even a little bit, I'm not touching it. I've had really good carts where you need a hot hair dryer up to it to get things moving. I don't trust any of those additives they use

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I wouldn't be so sure about carts with thick liquid in them either.

There's gotta be something in there with the cannabis to make it vape properly. It could be glycerine or proplyne or whatever, it could be Vitamin E. It could be something completely different/unknown.

Personally, I'm cool with just sticking to flower. I like it better anyway.

RyanPm40 and waking season like this.
  11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

that cart did the trick. it took quite a few pulls for it to hit me but my gf blasted off almost immediately lol

Mr. Serotonin and riotspray like this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, good to know. Glad it worked out.

They could be legit from a dispensary but I have no clue. My tolerance is so high that I have to hit those things forever to get the effect I want, but I was curious what you all thought.

13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

tbh that kind of cart container looked like the homemade ones I typically see but it got us where we wanted to be so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. Serotonin and riotspray like this.
  14. BirdPerson Sep 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2019)
    BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I realize that. They test it at multiple stages here.

Edit: dont mean to sound pissy here!

riotspray likes this.
  15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

There should not be anything left in the oil if it's purged properly. Coil vaporizes oil only (or should)

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

finding a new dealer fucking sucks

alina, riotspray and BirdPerson like this.
  17. OotyPa Sep 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2019)
    OotyPa

fall away

Just chatted with my dealer about the cartridge thing and fortunately she is 100% certain the ones she sells are safe and lab tested/ sold in medical and recreational dispensaries in Colorado. Was immensely relieving to hear how serious she takes it. I think everyone should know where their weed is from/what they’re smoking.

18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i have never understood how some people can just...find a hookup. Dunno if any of you remember beerforthebear from apnet but that damn guy could find you a plug in a blizzard lol

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

naw, you're good. I almost edited my post to say, "I don't mean to sound like a dick" - I've seen you post here before, I know you know your shit. I was kinda just responding as more of a blanket statement bc I see a lot of my friends and just people in general ignoring this shit and continuing to vape like it's no big deal.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

occasionally I'll get approached but for the most part I have to ask around and it's always kind of awkward and takes forever. I imagine it'll be worse after I graduate lol

21. RyanPm40

Yeah it's certainly a lot harder when you're no longer in school

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

working in the service industry (waitstaff, bartender) is another great way to find connects - now that I have a desk job, it's way harder

23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

yeah i can always find drugs in the back of a restaurant

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Soooo has anyone ever found mold on their bud before?!
    I did yesterday but I wasn’t sure that’s what it was bc it was so unexpected
    But I told my ex about it today and we googled it so now I’m pretty certain and now I’m weary about smoking the rest
    Ugh wtf. So gross :(
    I just can’t fucking wait to be in Washington.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I would be willing to bet 99% of people who smoke black market weed have had mold on their bud one way or another :-/

BirdPerson and riotspray like this.