Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 180

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I think about this subject often. I’m 26 now and the biggest thing for me after all this time is still just the money. Thinking about how much money I’ve spent over the last ten years on weed or weed-related things makes me shudder. For me, I think I have a problem keeping it under control as far as how much I smoke, and so the money I spend tends to become too much for my
    budget to handle, and so I take long t-breaks for months at a time until I feel like I’m at a better place financially. This also helps because then when I do end up picking up again after those months of not smoking, I will be much higher just by smoking smaller quantities due to that tolerance break. But I think I’m reaching the point in the next few years where I need to stop altogether until I have, like, a career. The money could be put towards more important things, simply put.

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

@EmmanuelSCastle that was a REALLY good answer. I found that relatable in a lot of ways.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

This is also a thought that creeps up pretty often. But I have ways of justifying it. I don’t smoke cigs, gamble, shop frivolously, I’m not even a big drinker and I usually will only get two beers max when I go to a bar / only have beer in my fridge occasionally. So when I look at it like, the vast majority of Americans have vices and this is my only vice, I don’t feel as bad about buying it regularly.

I tend to lean more towards “weed is cheaper than most entertainment and most medication... so if you’re going to judge low income people for buying weed to find some solace and enjoyment in their difficult lives, that more so just highlights the problem with capitalist society and our economy.” Expecting poor people to just work and avoid any recreational costs is a very sad way of looking at the world

That’s just me though, if you feel uncomfortable buying it that’s a personal decision & no one can tell you otherwise

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty much agree with every word you said.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think it all boils down to one simple thing. If you're not hurting anyone else and on a more personal level it's not negatively affecting your life, then there's no reason you shouldn't do anything and everything that makes you happy.

And to shame someone for smoking pot is ridiculous. "You're 30, grow up and stop smoking pot." GTFO here. The bars are filled with people of ALL ages drinking til they can barely stand and smoking like chimneys. Fuck off.

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Just got this today because I was tired of having a long pen, love how it hits so far. Anything special about cleaning or maintenance?

Signifire likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

Well, I definitely agree haha, but people who don’t really do it tend to think like “I only drink on the weekends. It’s irresponsible to smoke weed on the workweek.” And they really don’t understand that weed only has that kind of inebriation impact on people who rarely smoke. They remember getting high as FUCK the few times they smoked and then falling dead asleep so they can’t fathom someone being productive while they partake.

This is why I insist on comparing it to a nicotine addiction instead. Because like I said, cig smokers literally spend an extra hour of every work day going out smoking. They get extra breaks on top of what their job gives them because society empathizes with and socializes cigarette addictions. So why is it a big deal that I smoke an hour before work or 15 minutes before going out to run errands?

I’m not a person that secretly smokes a bowl in their car or hits a pen at work. My gf doesn’t smoke and I usually will smoke at my house before going to see her instead of taking up our time together smoking and stinking up her house. As far as I’m concerned, I do it respectfully and responsibly by keeping it mostly at home and/or doing it on my own time. And not trying to include it in situations where other people aren’t interested.

riotspray and jkauf like this.
  8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

The only little quirk I’ve run into is that sometimes the little ring that you screw onto the heating element of carts can lose connection, but it’s easily fixed by taking the cart out and just unscrewing the ring and screwing it back on. Oh and the ring can get kinda sticky, I’ve just been taking a damp paper towel to that every now and then.

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Easy enough, wasn’t sure if I needed to change a part every so often or something.

Signifire likes this.
  10. riotspray Jun 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I agree with this.

I too think about how I could have probably bought a damn house by now if I put all that money aside, but also what if I hadn't gone to any concerts, or out to eat, or to Starbucks or any other "unnecessary" purchases?

People spend tons of money on getting a dopamine fix and cannabis not only gives me that, but also benefits me in many other ways.

It's mostly money well spent, although I do think I could "respect the plant" a little more and use it less excessively.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I totally get it, but you shouldn't worry about other people's perception of your use, particularly when their perception is completely skewed by ignorance. If there are loved ones in your life that are critical of your usage, maybe try explaining to them how cannabanoid receptors work and how daily use affects you much differently than someone who might only smoke occasionally. In time people will get more informed and there will be less stigma, but until then I'm done worrying what people think of me just because I choose to smoke weed.

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

:folded: plz help

13. Randall Mentzos

Y'all are great for indulging this discussion. I know that was a long post but your responses are helping me kind of unpack my feelings on this topic.

I just moved to Atlanta, don't have any weed, and me REALLY wanting to find someone to buy from has kinda made me re-evaluate my habit

EmmanuelSCastle and mad like this.
  14. Randall Mentzos

Fully agreed on both accounts. And yeah, luckily people in my immediate circle aren't judgmental. My mom used to be anti-weed but once she and my dad divorced, she got back together with her high school sweetheart and he smokes weed all the time lol. I'm also very lucky that my girlfriend doesn't really enjoy doing it, but doesn't mind that I do it every couple hours. I compromise with her and I don't bring it over to her house, i smoke outside when she's at my place, and I will use mouthwash so that I don't taste like it when she kisses me haha.

riotspray likes this.
  15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oof you didn't have to come for me with the avoidance thing haha I have also had that convo w my therapist.

I've also cut back in an attempt to sort of exercise some discipline just so I can be sure things are happening on my terms, but it's mostly like amount smoked at a time that's changed, not frequency of smoking. if that makes sense. I'm with you though, even a slight change in consumption feels like it makes a p significant difference in my relationship to smoking (for the better). here's to hating ourselves less lol

Randall Mentzos, Ken and mad like this.
  16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I could! I used to know some people who lived there and I remember them telling me about some delivery services available but I have no clue how you would go about that or how difficult/safe it is. Unfortunately I don't have a way of reaching out to these people.

17. Are you driving? Is just like bringing a vape/edibles with you an option?

This is both a sincere suggestion and me fishing for validation cus I’m planning on bringing my vape with me when I head to Toronto this weekend

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

We’re flying
    I’d be less paranoid about bringing a vape if I weren’t leaving Canada, I did that last couple times I went to Toronto

19. I think I’m gonna risk it coming over from the states.

Is that stupid? [to both you and the thread at large]

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I know people who have traveled internationally with weed many a time with no problems but I can’t speak to it myself
    I’m paranoid enough with airport security even when I know I have nothing on me

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't have any fear of traveling with a vape pen or edibles if they weren't in any kind of identifiable packaging.

Even though I know a few people that have done it, I wouldn't risk taking flower or concentrate though.

22. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve taken a vape pen/extra cart/edibles in my carry on a couple of times and got through security just fine. It is a little nerve wracking though so I get it. If you decide to go that route just don’t put it in luggage because that is subject to random searches.

BirdPerson, riotspray and dylan like this.
  23. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

yeah i'll usually put my pen in with my charging cables and then put the carts in my toiletry bag to keep them separated and a little more inconspicuous in the bag and i haven't had any problems

BirdPerson, riotspray and dadbolt like this.
  24. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

when I was in New York I asked my Airbnb host if they knew where to find weed and they hooked me up lol

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not good at randomly asking people, but if you don't mind that, ask a few waiters/bartenders and you'll likely find something.

BirdPerson and EmmanuelSCastle like this.