Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

420 Blaze It • Page 141

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 13, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lmao, did you think you were blowing up into a vent??

Arry and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

No I just have no situational awareness lollll

3. OhitsKramer

Software Developing and crying

Totally fair. No judgements here.

BirdPerson likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone have/use a Pax 2?

I'm getting one tonight from a friend. It's gotten to the point where the vape carts I'm finding are low quality/don't really get me high/taste bad/make my throat hurt. Hoping to use the Pax at concerts/lunch break/etc where I need something discreet.

5. RyanPm40

I own one. They're super finicky and nowhere near as effective as a cart IMO. I used it for maybe a month, been sitting in a drawer for 2 years

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Ouch. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't say that. Lol.

I know dry herb vapes can be finicky and have a learning curve, but I'd heard that the Pax was basically the top of the line as far as portable dry herb vapes go. I know they have a newer model, but I figured the 2 would be decent.

Any tips/tricks, do's/don't's that might make the process a little better?

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I have a pink vape called an AirVape. I dunno, it seems similar to the Pax where you can set the temperatures and whatnot. It has a two-minute timer to avoid overheating, but imo allows you to better gauge your intake while smoking. Sometimes I'll hit it for two rounds of the timer at a lower temperature and won't need much more than that to feel blazed. I'd say you can probably go through four rounds of the timer at a lower temperature before burning the weed out, so it also keeps you from using too much. I smoke A LOT though lol, so I end up having to charge it sort-of often which is its only downside.

edit- you do have to take care of the mouthpiece though and clean it about once a week under hot water or else it gets gunky

8. RyanPm40

Heh yeahh, sorry to not have a better experience with mine.

I'll honest, it was my first vape, and I've learned to vape more properly since buying a Da Buddha desktop vape. So, I have been meaning to try it again since but haven't. That said, the Da Buddha was great at getting me high from the beginning, while I never quite got the hang of the Pax after 10+ uses.

It also gets sticky fairly easy and I found myself needing to clean it every 2-3 packs. Make sure you have lots of pipe cleaners. It barely worked for me unless it was packed to full capacity, too, probably around .3 grams a pack, so I'd suggest trying that out if it gives you any problems. Also, the long rubber mouthpiece for it burns your lips, so make sure to use the flat rubber mouthpiece that comes with it. It's possible I was just vaping improperly and hitting it too hard, but I remember reading a lot of online complaints about that.

In the end, I bought it on a vacation because I was desperate and needed to be discrete. Once I got home, I never wanted to use it again because it wasnt really saving me bud in comparison to smoking bong.

Another thing to be weary of is it is definitely not odorless. You won't smell like burnt bud but you'll still probably smell like bud.

riotspray likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I just got the biggest urge to eat Subway. I haven’t had Subway in years. Happy Wednesday!

lostawholeyear likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks man. I traded a quarter for it so I feel like I got a fair deal. I've had a Da Buddha before and loved it, and totally get what you're saying regarding the ease of it versus other vapes. I'm playing with the Pax tonight and it seems fine for what it is. Good for being discrete when you can't light up, but not a replacement for actually smoking or even vaping from a high quality home vaporizer.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Pax 2 for a quarter sounds pretty fair.

I still love my Fury 2, even if it pulls hard now because of a previous user error (me, it was me)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Having access to wax pens is an absolute game changer

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

So far so good with the Pax. I actually got a lot higher than I expected, but I think that just has to do with mixing things up from smoking regularly to vaping.

It does smell more than I hoped it would, but it's still pretty minimal especially compared to smoking.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This pen, Broad City, and Wes Montgomery have treated me well this week.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I don’t like not knowing if the demo I just worked on is actually promising or if it’s the edibles I ate earlier making me think it is

mercury and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Broke my pen last week so I got an Ooze yesterday. Love it, shorter and way lighter.

RyanPm40 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I had a 2, upgraded to a 3 and gave my bud the 2. I love them and have personally never had an issue with consitancy. Clean often, pull like it's a thicc milkshake. It won't put you on the moon as less thc is activated at the pax max temp of ~430° F than smokong with fire. But it always got me to a good place.

Edit: clean often means everytime you load it. Seems like over kill but all you need is isopropyl alcohol and Ream N' Klean pipe cleaners. Makes the experience way better.

LightWithoutHeat and riotspray like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

hello

19. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

how is everyone on this fine afternoon

Mr. Serotonin and ChiliTacos like this.
  21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't know you were a smoker???

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I took a break in Charlotte just cause we had the worst luck but yeah haha. Very excited for Denver

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I've definitely found that cleaning it often is important, but I do that with all my pieces anyway so it's not a problem. I've quite enjoyed it so far. Thanks for the rec on the pipe cleaners.

Jesse West likes this.
  24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Anyone used the pax era? Thinking of picking one up after the Christmas break. Not a heavy smoker just wanna have something to pull on every now and then

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

my favourite unspoken Christmas tradition is my brother and I smoking a joint (or two) and playing hella smash bros the first night I’m at my parents house for the night
    happy holidays y’all