Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

311 Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Jun 19, 2017.

1. robb

Regular

Transistor
    Soundsystem
    Grassroots
    Blue
    Stereolithic
    From Chaos
    Mosaic
    Music
    Evolver
    Uplifter
    Universal Pulse
    Don't Tread on Me
    Voyager

2. Maverick

Trusted

Grassroots
    Transistor
    Blue
    Soundsystem
    From Chaos
    Voyager
    MOSIAC
    Evolver
    Music
    Uplifter
    Universal Pulse
    Stereolithic
    Don’t Tread On Me

3. Gianni

Trusted

Transistor
    Soundsystem
    From Chaos
    Blue
    Music
    Evolver
    Grassroots
    Uplifter
    Voyager
    Mosaic
    Stereolithic
    Universal Pulse
    Don't Tread On Me

Cliche as it is, would prob look different if I tried this again next week.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Since they always change, I put them in tiers. The albums might switch order but generally don't jump up or down a tier.

Transistor
    Soundsystem
    Grassroots

Blue
    Stereolithic
    Music

MOSAIC
    From Chaos
    Evolver
    Voyager

Universal Pulse
    Uplifter
    Don't Tread on Me

Gianni likes this.
  5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Kind of bummed I didn't go see these guys on this most recent tour. Looks like there's a very decent chance that this upcoming tour doesn't happen and a hiatus is imminent.

6. Gianni

Trusted

I saw the posts from Chad, obviously, and a poem that SA posted on IG seemingly in response. The 311 Familia page on facebook has been paused because the people there do not know how to act like adults. I've seen a few things on reddit, but purely speculation of course.

Any other source that you have that indicates an "imminent hiatus", as you mentioned?

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don't think there is anything too substantial at the moment (not sure where they're at in the process), but just going off of various Twitter screenshots of people close to band members, secondhand conversations from people who know the band, etc. it sounds like SA and Pnut are both at the point of walking away.

Saw one screenshot where someone close to the band claimed that he thought they were "done as a band", but it sounds more like they are currently sorting it out... It's just odd that this is all happening immediately before a tour is supposed to kick off so they don't have much of a chance to hash it out.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh no. What is happening?!

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Long story short.... Chad created an account on Truth Social (despite not having any other social media) and sort of outed himself as a conspiracy theorist. He said some whacky things, but in one particular comment he posted support for "Russia's dismantling of the Nazis and Deep State from Ukraine". Some members from the 311 BB brought it to the attention of the rest of the band on social media, Pnut and SA were vocally upset about not only the comment but also that their longtime bandmate had gone down the rabbit hole. Nick has been mostly silent on the issue, most likely trying to repair things behind the scenes.

Lots of rumors and rumblings that the band is currently hashing this out behind the scenes and that the leading expectation is that a hiatus is imminent. No real word yet, but everyone is expecting some sort of news before tour kicks off next week - whether that be that it's canceled or that Chad is out.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

oh wow. We will see what happens I guess.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Just from knowing how this band operates and what the circumstances are.... I'm anticipating them canceling the tour and not being transparent at all about the reasons behind it ("Due to unforeseen circumstances blah blah blah"). I think then they go on hiatus and try to repair the relationships in the meantime.

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I just went to the 311 Reddit to see if there any 2022 summer tour rumors and, yikes. This band has always seemed like such a well-oiled machine with little to no drama so it's nuts to see this.

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Seeing "Chud Sexton" made me laugh out loud.

14. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

On a lighter note, my first 311 live experience was in 1999 at radio festival in Hartford, CT. I grew up in Southwestern CT so we didn't even get the station (Hartford didn't reach us, we were left with the super boring NYC modern rock station) but I relatives let us know about the show. 311 headlined with a support cast of Everclear, The Verve Pipe, Public Enemy, Guster, Kittie and more. What a time to be alive...

15. Maverick

Trusted

Holy crap that’s disappointing. When people fall in that rabbit hole it’s hard for them to get out :/

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he also had some pro-Q stuff

17. chewbacca110

[​IMG]

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Looks like the tour is moving forward (for whatever that's worth).

19. Gianni

Trusted

Not that they owe us a statement but damn I'd love to know how they decided to sort this all out. I'm guessing they are just focusing on the "business" side of things and pressing on.

Will probably be noticeably awkward on stage, because these 5 guys always played off their chemistry and friendship, and knowing that SA and P-Nut (at the least) were unimpressed with Chad's comments it could get weird.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

For sure. People have tried asking Pnut about it on Twitter, but I think they have to keep things under wraps for now. He's just given ambiguous answers like "Privacy for now" and "We'll figure it out" when people ask about the current standing and future of the band.

Just a real bummer overall because you know they aren't in the best place to have to travel around the country together this soon.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t something similar happen in System of a Down?

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Anyone catching any shows this fall? Pnut has been very outspoken about taking an indefinite hiatus from the band once that tour wraps so who knows if there will be any opportunities to see them for the foreseeable future.

23. chewbacca110

Tiny Desk concert on 3/11 day this year.

Gianni likes this.
  24. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

SpeckledSouls and chewbacca110 like this.
  25. Gianni

Trusted

This is cool and all but would way rather hear an update on the new music …. Hoping they play some new stuff on 3/11 Day or announce something.