Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

311 Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Jun 19, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Loving all over the new album the past couple days. I like Mosaic a lot, but Voyager was more immediate for me. Will it pass the test of time like Mosaic though? We shall see.

Also, I’m trying to convince my friends to start saving for the next 311 cruise. Always wanted to go to one.

2. Maverick

Trusted

Really like the new album! Here’s my thoughts:

Crossfire - Really like this, cool rock intro song. Don’t get why people are hating on this. 9/10

Don’t You Worry - Neat surprise with that atmosphere intro that wasn’t on the single release. My favorite of all the pre-released songs. 10/10

Stainless - This song clicked on first listen, the beginning of the song sounds very different from the ending, giving us that classic 311 rock sound, could be my favorite on the album. 10/10

Space And Time - Really dig the vibe here, great Tim Mahoney guitar work 8/10

Dream State - Wasn’t really into this on first listen, it felt like the song didn’t really go anywhere with it’s midtempo. But then after further listening I realize most of the enjoyment comes from just going with the flow of it all if that makes any sense. 7/10

Good Feeling - Eh, it’s not the worst song on the album but it’s sorta cheesy popish that isn’t really my thing but it really isn’t that bad, I don’t ALWAYS skip it. 5/10

What The?! - Another one of my favorites, sounds new and yet very familiar with the classic Mahoney guitar licks and that SA vibe that just carries itself throughout the song, really like the outro with the drums and guitars playing off each other to this awesome fun slow head banger. 9/10

Better Space - Standout track on first listen, Dig the tremolo guitar lines. Really cool unexpected turns they take here, even those weird vocal parts. 9/10

Dodging Raindrops - Yeah this is the worst song on the album. It’s like Feldman could have brought this track to anyone really, it’s cheesy maroon 5 pop but I guess the band felt the album needed it. 3/10

Rolling Through - Song is a bit forgettable but not bad. Songs not strong enough to be a top half song but more mid-tier for me. 7/10

Born To Live - Best Feldman track on here. Melody sounds like something that’s been done before but still appreciate the 311 spin on it, not a fan of Nick’s spoken word part in the bridge though, kinda lame and cheesy imo. 7/10

Charge It Up - Good stuff here, was a bit forgettable at first but then became totally into how they continue to achieve that quality 311 sound. 8/10

Lucid Dreams- Meh, 2nd least favorite song on here. Don’t totally dislike it, just no where near as enjoyable as most of the album. 4/10

somethingwitty likes this.
  3. it be 3/11

ChampsMusic and riotspray like this.
  4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I seriously considered purchasing the live stream for the shows in Vegas this week, but then I saw it was $30 a night or $60 for all three. Yikes.

5. You pay that for STREAMING?!

6. Jackbo487

Regular

I did it, but yeah it seems steep. Having never used Nugs or any of those jam band streaming options, how much more expensive is this streaming price than, like, a Phish show?

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

$30 does seem like a lot to stream a show, but there have been quite a few times where I paid a lot more than that to go to a show and thought "I'd rather be watching this on TV at home right now"

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I paid $5 for a Hawthorne heights live stream and it was worth every penny.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Even though it's a special show, I've already seen them 10 times so I don't know how interested I am in paying $30 to NOT go to a show and also not have access to the video later on. Not saying it's a terrible deal, but eh not really for me.

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I paid like $100 for a 3 day straight Pay-Per-View of Woodstock 99

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This quarantine has me spinning the last 3 records a ton. I guess I need a boost in positivity.

I listened to Voyager for MAYBE a week when it dropped but it’s been nonstop for me lately. The tracks I like I REALLY like: Don’t You Worry, Stainless (top track), Born To Live, Lucid Dreams.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I honestly love the album. It was my soundtrack all last summer. "Space and Time" and "What The?!" are top tier 311 for me.

Speaking of "What The?!" they just announced they're releasing a hazy IPA with that name....might have to look into that.

13. Maverick

Trusted

I’ll pop on Space And Time randomly and it’ll put me in a great mood. Never thought I’d be this into 311 this far into their career.

14. Horrorca

Trusted

p chill

kyle, Jackbo487 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to that yesterday and enjoyed it. Chill AF.

16. Horrorca

Trusted

this is actually a very nice surprise - great little summer album

17. Jackbo487

Regular

Time of Wandering is a jam

18. It’s a cool album, I’ve listened a few times already.

19. chewbacca110

Only a few more days to jam this reasonably:

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love that album

21. chewbacca110

I wish I did :(

Only tracks I listen to regularly are "Trouble" and "And A Ways To Go" (which I feel is a 311 all-timer).

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m currently on a road trip with my girlfriend and have been driving through Grand Teton and Yellowstone the last couple of days. This album has been in constant rotation and is a great chill soundtrack for it all.

23. chewbacca110

Jackbo487 likes this.
  24. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Finally gave this band a try. Started with Transistor. Use of Time is a standout for me and really changed my view of them as artists. I'm in for something good here!

Jackbo487, chewbacca110 and Maverick like this.
  25. chewbacca110

Hell yeah! Listening to their albums is much different than just knowing the hits or knowing one of those folks that obsess about the band. Transistor was a great starting point because it’s so varied.

Onlyadirector likes this.