Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

311 Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Jun 19, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Don’t You Worry rules.

Good Feeling is good for what it is, but Don’t You Worry is more of my taste.

Hopefully Good Feeling is the Too Much Too Think or City On Fire of this album.

Although, TMTT is a really good song lol.

2. Zeke

Regular

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love Don’t You Worry. I hope the rest of the album is like that song. In a recent interview Nick said the album has a lot of heavy stuff on it.

thedrudo, bachna84 and Jackbo487 like this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

5. robb

Regular

If you haven't already heard it, the DYW preview wasn't fully mixed apparently. New / album version is definitely improved.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. robb

Regular

[​IMG]

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That back cover art is awesome. Reminds me of old ELO or Boston record covers.

8. robb

Regular

Ever since the reveal, I've gotten strong early 80's Epcot vibes. I absolutely love it, probably the best album aesthetics since Soundsystem.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  9. Maverick

Trusted

Like the new song and Don’t You Worry is right up there with Mosiac’s best songs. Excited for this album, def need to see these guys live (I can’t believe I’ve been listening to them since “From Chaos” and have only seen them once a loooong time ago)

robb likes this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

man i was going to totally check these guys out this summer but they dont play any of the mosaic songs i love...and a lot of songs that i love get dropped once they make a new album. boooooo

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They might add some. They’re known to switch up the setlist regularly

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Depends on the year. Pray we don't get another 2009 summer tour, where it was half of Uplifter, singles, and a rotation of 2 other songs.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I mean, it is the 10 year anniversary of that album. Jackpot is literally the only song i listen to off that album lol. Probably my least favorite from album from them.

They played a lot of stuff off Mosaic when that album came out.

14. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

It would be my least favorite album if DTOM didn't exist.

15. robb

Regular

Hot damn this album is awesome.

A few Feldy duds as per usual, take those out and it's even better.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Is it out there?

17. Fox83

Trusted

Claims from people having heard it seem to be growing, but I have yet to come across a leak. If you check their subreddit there's a lot of chatter with no proof, as far as I can tell.

Mrk_Brdshw and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It’s really out there, I’ve listened about a dozen times. This album has so much of everything. I think this one might end up sitting higher than the last two in the long run. They got real weird with it.

19. robb

Regular

It leaked Thursday night. I didn't mention it until well later on because it seemed like the 311 forum got the exclusive leak somehow. I've been on there forever, so I didn't want to let the leak... leak?

But I assume by now it's more readily accessible.

ezmo311 likes this.
  20. robb

Regular

After the whole "Nick stealing Crossfire" mess, I was scared for the album.

When What The?! came out, I heard the usual whining of "re-using old material? they're out of ideas" nonsense. These were the people who thought using DTOM demos to make Ebb and Flow, The Call, and The Great Divide was lazy.

Ghostwolf's lost demo is great, pure SA melodic fun. He already used some of it with 311 on I Like The Way, but using the "All My Love" verses for the verses of What The?!... I love it. That "stoners / loners" part is dreadful, but oh well.

Point being, them going to the well of old ideas isn't lazy, if something good can come of it.

21. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

I was in the same boat. Was not expecting to wake up to that on Friday morning.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I throughly enjoyed this album. A lot of it reminds me of if transistor came out today. There’s so much going on that it kept me interested. With such a diverse sounding album, they made it work.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Crossfire rules. I've been blasting that nonstop all weekend. 311 crossfire and sum 41 out for blood... been a hard rock car jam lately

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Dude, it is so good. I think I might love it. There’s not a weak spot here aside from Good Feeling but I can actually tolerate it in the context of the album. I feel like this is three 311 wrapped in one: classic sound, recent Mosaic/Stereolithic sound, and something all new.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dodging Raindrops is a cool song.