Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

311 Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, Jun 19, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Mosaic still holds up. What a strong and consistent album.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think Mosaic is very good, but could have benefitted from some tracklist trimming since the album, as a whole, feels very much like "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks".

3. chewbacca110

Also - Live Nation will have $20 311/Offspring/Gym Class Heroes tix next week!

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh shit! I gotta grab them!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Do you know what day these go on sale next week?

EDIT: NVM. Found it. April 30.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New 311 album is in the works. They are hoping to have the album out this year. They are working with John Feldmann.

7. Jackbo487

Regular

in large part due, IMO, to the four songs they worked on with John Feldmann -- "Til the City's On Fire," "On a Roll," "Too Much to Think" and "Perfect Mistake"

HueyLewis and chewbacca110 like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Perfect Mistake and Wildfire are fire.

9. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Happy 311 day!

10. Greatest day of the year! Better than Christmas!

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Are we going to get a single today?

12. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Nah - Supposedly there's something after the credits of the ETSD3 movie today, but I doubt it's anything more than an album teaser.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Holy smokes, some of those bundles sold out already.

14. HueyLewis

Regular

Those Feldman songs are the worst on the Record.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think "Perfect Mistake" is one of their best songs in years. It rips! I also enjoy "Too Much to Think". But yes, those other Feldy songs would been good on an EP or bonus songs on separate bundles. They're fun, but they've always been the outcasts on the album.

I still give Mosaic a strong 8/10.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  16. robb

Regular

"Places That the Mind Goes" was the fifth Feldmann track. Which slots right in to the rest of his awful influence on the album. Though I do enjoy Perfect Mistake quite a lot. It's a by the numbers rocker for them, but that works for me.

Also - nothing post-credits in ETSD3.

ezmo311 likes this.
  17. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

ETSD3 was alright. Hit some nostalgic points, but was so heavy on the fan stories. Almost more like a primer on "This is what the band is all about" rather than the behind the scenes stuff I hoped for.

I was thrilled, though, to see some people throughout the film that I haven't seen in years. People I went to concerts with in the early 2000s. Brought back lots of good memories.

18. robb

Regular

I didn't bother going, I'll check it out at home when it's out. I don't need to see some weird ode to the Familia in theaters.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

A nice 6 hour and 25 minute video haha. The setlist is insane.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  20. Jackbo487

Regular

that show was fun, and the Park Theatre (currently where Lady Gaga's residency is) is perfect.

21. Jackbo487

Regular

There's a new 311 single premiering on KROQ imminently, and it (and another song) are set to hit streaming platforms at midnight...new album 'Voyager' June 28, apparently!

22. chewbacca110

These songs are actually a little different, especially vocally. I’m into it.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Digging these!!!

24. Jackbo487

Regular

Good Feeling is an obvious attempt for a crossover/pop hit but yeah it's catchy, although Nick's voice sounds weird with all the overdone autotune...

25. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

I'm down with Don't You Worry.

Good Feeling sounds like Nick & Feldy wanted to remake Imagine Dragons' On Top of the World.