Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

311 and The Offspring Announce Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 9, 2018.

1. kevinjordan

This Wild Life Verified

FUCK, I miss all the good ones. Love 311 and Offspring although I haven't followed either in recent years.

2. Bass0820

I disagree. Offspring has become terrible live and I never got the 311 hype

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I saw offspring live two or years ago when they played smash and it was amazing.

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s pretty damn cool, hopefully they do it again this year.

5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  6. robb

Regular

Stereolithic and Mosaic are incredible albums, and come close to some of the top tier 311 albums. Though ironically, Mosaic contains the worst song the band has ever written (Til The City's On Fire). If you like the band, definitely check those two out.

I'm not sure if I'll hit the CO date on this tour. I'm going to see them at a small venue at the end of this month, so a very likely greatest hits-esque setlist seems like a letdown follow up.

Gianni likes this.
  7. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

This news encouraged me to finally check out 311, who either were not a thing in Oz or were not a thing by the time I got into music around 2000.
    I only listened to half a dozen songs but wowee they are awful. Surely these days they wouldn't get away with those Jamaican accents. A couple of the rap parts made me chuckle which is the best compliment I can pay.
    This is not intended as a hot take. I literally could not believe how bad they were. The first song I played was the cover of The Cure's Love Song and it was verrry similar to the original yet somehow much, much worse. It remains by far the best 311 song I have heard or, with some luck, ever will hear.

8. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

What is up with that crowd!?

9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I wish I knew how to/cared enough to make gifs, cause those crowd reactions are a fucking gold mine.