Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

311 – “Too Much to Think” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 10, 2017.

1. radiodead Dec 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2017)
    radiodead

Trusted

its because their first 3-4 records are excellent, they are a juggernaut live. and Dave Matthews is maybe the best and most affable frontman in music. I seriously don't think I've ever seen one person have a negative thing to say about him. And he keeps the engine running on stage, his banter with the crowd is second to none. sometimes its nonsensical but always funny and endearing.

his songwriting is far more hit or miss now, and i don't care for a majority of their recent studio output, but there are some redeeming songs on each of their releases, they usually flourish in the live setting. His unique guitar riffs and patterns are pretty iconic as well, especially from the early stuff. But I don't understand how anyone couldn't find a few songs from their first 4 albums to fall in love with.

by first four i mean the big 3 and the lillywhite sessions. Busted Stuff zapped a lot of the feeling out of those amazing songs.

See:
    "Pig"
    "The Best of What's Around"
    "Two Step"
    "The Stone"
    "#41"
    "Bartender"
    "Captain"
    "Crush"
    "Spoon"
    "Digging a Ditch"