Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

31 (Rob Zombie; September, 2016) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 3, 2016.

1. I ask because I feel like his movies are never well received and I'm not sure if they make any money.

2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

don't think money is too much of a concern for Rob Zombie... thousands of people will consistently come see him play whenever he comes to their city

this movie was also crowd funded so I don't think he really cares about that

3. angel paste

he really just does it because he likes to do it, which I respect. I just wish he'd be better at it lol

kyle likes this.
  4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

wait, do people not like Lords of Salem? It's one of the best horror movies of the decade.

angel paste likes this.
  5. angel paste

actually sort of agree with this

6. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

You guys are right to call him out on his flaws (31 is a prime example) but I also think he's better than he's been given credit for. Corpses/Rejects are fun for early work, the Halloween revivals were better than a lot made em out to be and Salem was a masterpiece (though a high he will likely never hit again, so maybe that's a one-off but still!!!)

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Halloween 2 is a masterpiece imo. Legitimately floored by that film.

nohandstoholdonto and Joel like this.
  8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I even enjoyed the theatrical cut of the first one. But yeah, the sequel was great. I've found that people seem to either love or hate part 2. Not sure if I've ever see anyone say it was just "okay".

9. angel paste

My problem with most of his movies is that he just refuses to have a likable character most of the time, which is an interesting move but just not for every film. That's part of what made Salem his best work, I actually liked many of the characters and that made the plot more effective. In Corpses/Rejects/31/and somewhat Halloween most of the characters are just portrayed as super annoying and I end up not really caring when they fail or die or whatever because of that.

I do like his Halloweens a fair amount though, I thought it was a pretty fresh take on the series.

10. angel paste

My only problem with Halloween 2 is that it made it clear that not even Sheri Moon Zombie dying in the first one was going to stop Rob from putting her in a movie.

kyle and Joel like this.
  11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Guess I should watch Halloween 2. Didn't care for the first one so I didn't watch the second.

12. airik625

I highly recommend watching it. Curious to hear your thoughts on it.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I probably won't have a chance to watch it for a couple of weeks, because I'm currently moving and still trying to keep up with current TV shows and stuff, but I'll report back when I get the chance.

14. Davjs

Trusted

As someone who looovveed the first Halloween, I found it not very good besides a couple cool kills. The dream sequences or whatever were a little too out there for me.

15. chewbacca110 Sep 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2016)
    chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I don't remember if I watched Halloween 2. I remember not liking the first one.

Edit: I did see it because I remember Danielle Harris dying.

16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That second one is a complete mess but part me of loves it. It's definitely the better of the two. I hated that remake.

17. I don't remember anything about the first or the second. But I do recall not caring about them.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I need to rewatch H2, but there are many, many respectable critics out there who consider it a masterpiece

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

All I remember is the Chris Hardwick and Weird Al cameo

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I've always felt very alone in my love for H2, I'd love to read(?) these critical evaluations.

21. Finally saw this. It was...not great. But still a lot of fun.

I really, really did not like Lords of Salem. Loved everything prior though.

22. airik625

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol Jesus

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Zombie's previous making-ofs have all been fantastic. I haven't seen 31, but I'd check this out

25. airik625

31 was disappointing.