Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

30 Seconds To Mars Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JamesMichael, Apr 6, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He actually said in that mostly BS AMA that the album is coming this year

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Well that's good news lol

I still want to like this band but Leto has been making it a bit hard lately with his behavior

Onlyadirector likes this.
  3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Apparently the new single is close.

ShadowTh2b and beachdude42 like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Better be fucking amazing after all this time lol...

5. beachdude

Honestly I think Jared is a really creative guy, and 30STM has the potential to break out of the somewhat narrow niche that they've been pigeonholed in (partly due to their own past work) if they choose to take some risks with the new stuff. I'm definitely curious.

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

My body is ready...:finally!

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

When they had the interscope announcement video last year, I thought a song was going to be close lol.

DejaMoi and beachdude42 like this.
  8. beachdude

You guys thinking it'll be out around the time of the "Camp Mars" event they're doing in Malibu next week? Probably not but I can hope...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Last I heard they are premiering new material at Camp Mars so my guess is it will come out shortly after.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. beachdude

Sweet. Stoked to hear it!

DejaMoi likes this.
  11. JamesMichael

They are one of my favourite bands and this wait has been loooooong! Honestly I thought they would have had something out for the Muse tour earlier on this year. I just hope it's as good as ABL and TIW.

As previously mentioned I think the CampMars event they host each year will showcase some new stuff. They have been playing one or two new songs at shows for the past year or two.

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. TMS2787

Trusted

I was a huge fan from 2005-2010, traveled all over to see them. And I still am a big fan but not as huge.

What I don't get:

Every album has had a four year gap, why are people so surprised?

JamesMichael and beachdude42 like this.
  13. beachdude

I guess this wait has felt longer because LLF+D felt like it didn't have as much a long-term impact in terms of hits and commercial success, idk

JamesMichael likes this.
  14. dlemert

Trusted

I wish this band would just make music. Leto has one of my favorite voices in the scene and the band obviously has talent. This gimmicky stuff is such a distraction.

beachdude42 and Davjs like this.
  15. TMS2787

Trusted

That's a fair assement and could be why. For ABL they toured non-stop from before it came out until they went to record TIW and hit the road again. The touring cycle for the last album wasn't nearly as extensive, which is probably why I saw them for the first time in seven years last week (16th time overall). I do look forward to hearing a new single and album. At the show Jared said "the new song and album are coming any day!" He also made some comment about the wait. They are aware. Hopefully it's soon.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. Inna Selez

Regular

Oh Lord, you made my day :crylaugh:

17. JamesMichael

Not to mention ABL and TIW are better albums which is definitely another reason why. How were they when you saw them last week? Sound good?

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Saying that ABL and TIW are "better" album
    is purely personal preference. While I do prefer TIW to LLFD, the latter was better received by critics (neither set the review world on fire) and charted higher. TIW had a longer cycle than LLFD because Jared went back to making movies. The wait in sense seems longer just because the tour was shorter by 121 shows.

They sounded good, Jared when he actually sang sounded very strong. The show was a blast like they've always been. They did the woo-hoo part of the new song and that was all.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They're performing on the VMAs so I'd imagine the single will be out by the end of this month

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Was kinda disappointed with the last album, but I did love ABL and TIW. Excited to hear some new stuff.

21. JamesMichael

I agree it's all personal preference of course. I'm shocked though critics would rank LLF+D over TIW. I often wonder what City of Angels would have sounded like if they had finished the song during the TIW cycle. It seemed it didn't get much further than the piano during Artifact.

Has anyone seen the Into The Wild series? I've been rewatching a few over the past few days and I highly recommend anyone who's a fan of the band/Artifact to check it out.

Awesome to hear they sounded tight. I'm dying for them to come back over here to the UK.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What is Into The Wild series and where can I find it?

23. JamesMichael

It's on VyRT. Each episode costs a couple of dollars with each averaging 15-18mins long. I highly recommend watching it though.

I'm hoping they will release it as a whole one day.

24. JamesMichael

I forgot to ask which is your favourite album from them?

25. TMS2787

Trusted

My favorite album? I'd have to go with A Beautiful Lie slightly edging out self-titled. I love the first three a lot but it goes to ABL. I have so many memories tied to that album. I was a senior in High School when it came out and it spoke to me. During that era it was also the first time I had ever seen the band live. I saw them two concestive weeks at radio festival right after the album had came out.

Both times I skipped the end of the school day to get there early and the first one was in Pittsburgh, which is a little under two hours from me. I can remember them playing the side-stage and Jared running into the crowd, lol. The next week I got meet the man for the first time before the show. We almost got into a argument because he thought I wanted him to sign stuff to sell on eBay. Weirdly after that he remembered me every time I saw them / him: when they came to town in November of that year my buddy and I got to go bowling with them after the show, saw a pre-show acoustic show in a tiny room st the House of Blues where he saw me and told the crowd the story about how we almost got into a major argument then I asked him if we could watch sound check and he let the whole crowd from the acoustic show into sound check. I have other instances with him as well but I'm not going to go on and on about it because I always feel like I'm bragging. Lol.

That was the era I saw the most shows, traveled a few places to see them and just played the record out. I also got my name in the deluxe edition of the "fan thank yous". Maybe they'll make a better album someday but ABL will always, always be my favorite of theirs.