Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

30 Seconds To Mars Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JamesMichael, Apr 6, 2016.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm dying to hear some new material. Hoping for less of the last album and more of the previous ones.

DejaMoi likes this.
  2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Heavier would be welcomed. Probably not going to happen. But would be interesting. Leto really has the pipes to let loose.

3. JamesMichael Nov 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2016)
    JamesMichael

Yeah not expecting much there but they did reaaaaaaally well with the This Is War sound. I'd be fine with a return to this sound...just please more guitars on the next album!

josephcissell and DejaMoi like this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Battle of one is such a banger. Definitely one of the more underrated songs in their discography.

truelovewaits likes this.
  5. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Whatever genre of music is currently trendiest, that's what this is gonna sound like.

Barresi and Onlyadirector like this.
  6. Inna Selez

Regular

Have you seen this video guys?

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh wow they finally put the full uncensored on youtube? I remember having to go to like mad other sites to see it

Onlyadirector and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I just hope they release a damn single soon. I think I've had enough of hearing about the lead single for LLFD on their social media 10 times a week

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Hopefully they actually put some guitars on this release, unlike the last album

Davjs likes this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't care whether they have guitars or not i just hope they make some good songs. Last album was boring.

truelovewaits likes this.
  11. JamesMichael

I'm a bit unsure what the hell is happening with the new album. I've been following it closely and it seems Tomo and Shannon aren't playing a massive part in the recording this time around. I've seen a lot of fan concerns on fan forums too. It will be interesting to see their first live performance videos hit the internet next month...surely we can expect a new song before the tour?

beachdude42 and Onlyadirector like this.
  12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The guitars though may help make the songs good. That was quite the flaw in the last album.

13. JamesMichael

I'd say it needs some guitar tones and more songs like on This Is War.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

was that a Westworld audio clip towards the end?

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Can you link to some of these discussions on fan forums? I'm curious what the rumors are haha

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. JamesMichael

My best source of rumours and all things Jared is http://la-leto.tumblr.com who ever runs it seems to know everything whats going on. They've posted all the clips Jared has posted so far, which has mostly been him on a keyboard with the producer/friend he appears to be working with. It seems a lot of the new material was recorded in Tokyo when Jared was filming the latest film he's in. You'll just need to sift through all the Jared photos haha.

Another good source is https://beta.vyrt.com.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. JamesMichael

Surely we must hear something before the tour? This album gap has been a long one.

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Apparently MARS is coming in 5 days....whatever the hell that means. After watching that short clip though I was asking myself but where is Tomo?

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's basically just when they go on tour well play some shows. Some dates on that tour are so spaced out. Anyways this teasing/roll out has been the worst. Either stay quiet about what your doing like Brand New or eventually give out an actual update/content on social media instead of this bs.

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

What's the story behind the song Riverbed?

21. JamesMichael

Not sure they haven't played the full song have they? Is it still unfinished?

Are all the shows they are playing stripped down?

Honestly this album cycle has been sooooo slow.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Really been into them lately. Bought the first 2 albums on vinyl and will be getting the other 2 eventually. I love all 4 of their records so might as well own them all.

This album cycle hasen't been that much longer than the last 3. Follows the 4 year gap between releases but yah some news soon on LP5 sure would be nice

23. I was huge on this band after the ABL era. This is an usual waiting process for them, very slow and all cryptic like. I remember having too much expectations for This Is War, which was just okay for me. Didn't like the last one at all, but I will always have a soft spot for their first two albums. The debut, tho really dated, is brillant. It plays so well as a soundtrack for a late 90's / early 00's movie. It just sounds so tense and angsty. You can tell Leto was highly influenced by Trent Reznor at the time.

24. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Jared Leto stepped on my face at my first Warped Tour. It was my first concert so I didn't know what to do when a band member starts walking out into the crowd. I raised my hands up to late and he got the side of my face pretty good with his shoe. I told my friends and these two girls were convinced I'd been endowed with "Jared Leto Powers" so they rubbed my face and went screaming down the hall. Junior High was a weird time.

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You mentioning soundtrack and Trent Reznor makes me wonder if Jared/30STM will ever score a movie. Would be really cool. Some of the instrumentals from the last album def suggest that they could pull it off. Would be interesting to hear.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.