Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

30 Seconds To Mars Band • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JamesMichael, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Hmmm, can't tell if he was fired or is having legitimate health issues which caused him to leave. My assumption whenever I hear about "health" issues and band members not touring is that it pertains to substance abuse so I hope he's getting the help needed if that's the case.

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Onlyadirector and JamesMichael like this.
  3. pablowashere

Regular

Do people find it hard to continue to support 30STM with the allegations against Leto always lingering in the background? Let me emphasize this has nothing to do with how the music itself has changed over time - this is about Leto himself. Thanks.

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I don’t have a strong opinion here since I haven’t thought about this band in a long time and frankly have forgotten most/all of the details, but to the degree they remain relevant (given how long it’s been since new music), I think Leto has largely maintained a positive reputation in the public eye. Feel like his allegations didn’t pervade the casual public consciousness very much.

beachdude likes this.
  5. I mean, they haven't exactly been picked up by any publications yet but they are all over Twitter. I think most people paying attention to abuse in entertainment are aware. I would not call his reputation a positive one in almost any sense.

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That’s why I said casual public consciousness though. I imagine most people buying 30stm records and going to their shows are super casual fans and completely unaware. I guess that’s probably true for a lot of mega acts, but at least on my social media I’ve never seen anybody talk about Leto’s allegations, let alone at a level comparable to similar celebs.

beachdude likes this.
  7. beachdude May 10, 2022
    (Last edited: May 10, 2022)
    beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Personally I lost interest in their newer output a long time ago anyway. Seeing persistent rumors that Jared is likely a creep doesn't help matters for me. Their early albums are still nostalgic for me but I have no interest in seeing them live nowadays or anything like that, pretty easy band for me to let go of.

disambigujason likes this.
  8. Their new single "Stuck" is so bad haha

Onlyadirector and SpyKi like this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

it's awful.

10. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah, not even the same band at this point.

We got three solid albums from them but it feels like Jared is just trying to chase the latest trend with their last three albums.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Phantoms

Regular

It's actually really catchy imo... definitely not like their old stuff but I was surprised at how well it works as a top 40 pop song personally.

12. pbueddi

Trusted

oh yeah, that's really bad.

13. somethingwitty

Trusted

This is soooo bad. It’s so easy to guess who co-wrote and produced this, it’s like cosplay.

Phantoms likes this.
  14. JamesMichael

Honestly not even the same band anymore, this and the last album should have really been a solo project.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Imagine 30 Seconds To A Dragon On Mars

chewbacca110, Phantoms, Iain and 3 others like this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah this is horrible.

17. Phantoms

Regular

I actually don’t mind Stuck and think it’s fairly catchy, but yeah this one ain’t it.

Lol that’s wild, literally Mr. Imagine Dragons himself

18. More like Imagine One Trick Ponies.

Phantoms likes this.
  19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Putting Leto aside, I miss when this band was not just a band, but a really cool proggy hard rock band. I wish I lived in the universe where they did more stuff like the first two albums. And had a different frontman.

20. JamesMichael

The first three albums were really great (their first was highly underrated).

This just sucks, what will Shannon do live when this is played?

Phantoms likes this.
  21. somethingwitty

Trusted

Everything through This is War still holds up…no idea what the fuck happened after.

almightykingdom and Phantoms like this.
  22. JamesMichael

Yeah, This Is War is still solid, probably their last truly great album front to back. Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams has some good songs but it had much more filler.

Phantoms likes this.
  23. tomtom94

Trusted

At the risk of sounding snarky... Jared Leto was in charge.

Carrow and coleslawed like this.
  24. somethingwitty

Trusted

what’s weird is he’s always had all the songwriting credits, did he just forgot how to write a good song or stop caring?

Phantoms likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

It seems like Leto has made a much bigger push into acting/being a celebrity over the last like 6 years, which to me means he then leaves much less room for his band/music in his schedule. As a result, he probably then has a much smaller window for himself to make music, which results in an Imagine Dragons-imitation.

Phantoms and JamesMichael like this.