Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

30 Seconds To Mars Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JamesMichael, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They are yeah but I don't think they need that to make good music.

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Sad!

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea I still fuck with This Is War I don't care what others say

LLF+D was def a downstep for me and I wasn't thrilled with Walk on Water. Just listened to Dangerous Night. I'll echo the sentiments of liking it more than Walk on Water but still not loving it. I LOATHE the thinking that less guitars and drums and more electronics is inherently a bad thing, but I don't get why he buries his voice in those electronics lol he has a great voice already

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Just watched their performance on Colbert. Shannon wasnt even there just Jared, Tomo and I'm assuming Stevie but he was wearing a black ski mask over his face. I don't know what they were going for with that performance. Very strange with the camera constantly moving. Was not a fan. They performed the song well but sadly my opinion has def not changed on it. Very bland/average for them.

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

He’s been missing a few shows recently I wonder what’s going off there?

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn, I had higher hopes for this one, disappointed that it's even more generic than Walk On Water (which I actually like). Really hope the whole album doesn't sound like this but wouldn't be surprised

7. Davjs

Trusted

Talking about this band yesterday made me go down a small rabbit hole with their music videos. Damn, Attack is such a great song and music video.

The Kill has a decent music video, recreating the Shinning was cool but they stopped the song too many times for scenes.

From Yesterday is a great song too but this video is terrible and the start of them going off the rails as far as random stuff that makes no sense but seems like it's trying to be artsy. Their videos never get better until Closer to the Edge which is actually a cool tour music video.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The videos have actually always been one of my favorite things about this band, I think they're pretty consistently awesome (though it's been a while since I went through them)

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I remember digging them a lot in highschool when I'd come home and they would be all over Fuse and MTV. Watch From Yesterday again....it has so much nonsense in it lol.

JamesMichael likes this.
  10. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

I wish I could dig this new album but I’ve been unimpressed so far

beachdude42 and JamesMichael like this.
  11. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

The passion is gone. :/

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I think Leto might have finally went full-Hollywood

Not that he was ever "edgy" but I think he might be trying to clean up his image a bit with more safe/bland music

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Thirty Seconds to Mars have announced that their actual album title (NOT a placeholder) is: “The New Album”.

Hey, at least when you’re on Spotify and wanna know really quick “Which of these is their NEW album though?”... they make it really easy to tell.

14. JamesMichael

I saw this expecting to see a track listing and album title/art but nope. To say it comes out in April we know very little about it haha.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

damn, they're really not trying very hard at all this time are they?

Onlyadirector and beachdude42 like this.
  16. JamesMichael

Doesn’t really help Shannon keeps missing shows/events as well. Wonder what’s going on there?

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. beachdude

Maybe he doesn’t really want to tour anymore but still wants to be “in the band” in the studio and at occasional events? Jared/30STM probably have enough money to do some arrangement like that... but it would be weird.

18. JamesMichael

Preview of a new song The Great Wide Open.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I was thinking about going to their MSG concert in June, so I went on ticketmaster to check prices......with fees tickets basically range from $95-$200. What in the fuck?!

I mean it's not out of line with what concert prices have been this season; per ticket I paid $160 for Gambino, $175 for Taylor Swift and $115 for Smashing Pumpkins. But holy hell, I remember 16 years ago when I paid $30 to see Blink 182 and Green Day on the same damn bill!

20. JamesMichael

That is quite high! For me and my girlfriend to go it cost us £110 here in the UK. Looking forward to the show but I'm not sure what to expect. The show is in a few weeks and they've yet to announce any support bands.

21. anna_90

I searched on google for bands like 30 Seconds To Mars and found these guys. They just released their debut album "Until The End", and I think they really are one of the best unsigned band at the moment, check them out you wont regret it.
    Video:

Album spotify:

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's your band isn't it

23. JamesMichael

So apparently they have a collaboration with A$AP...

[​IMG]

Onlyadirector and beachdude42 like this.
  24. beachdude

Oh dear lol

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually liked that performance they did with Travis Scott at that award show, and they have a remix with Kanye so it's not that out of the blue

Definitely a strong indication of the direction this album is going though

beachdude42 and JamesMichael like this.