Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

30 Seconds To Mars Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JamesMichael, Apr 6, 2016.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Are there any 30STM fans on here?

They might get mixed reviews on C.FM but I love this band. A Beautiful Lie and This Is War are great albums in my opinion and are some of my personal favourites.

Plus they have awesome creative music videos:

Wasn't a huge fan of their latest but I'm hoping for a slight return to form on the next one.

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I think all 4 records have been good and I can be a tough critic but when it comes to 30STM I've always liked them. Their Rihanna cover of Stay is tight. I wonder what is next and when for them but yeah i've always defended them. And Artifact is a pretty good doc for those who haven't seen it

JamesMichael likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love This is War and like A Beautiful Lie a lot too, big fan of Artifact. Never really liked the other two albums though. Interested in whatever they do next.

beachdude42, JamesMichael and DejaMoi like this.
  4. JamesMichael

Big fan of Artifact too. Have to say Jared knows how to direct and produce a video.

I think the driving force behind the whole This Is War album was due to the lawsuit. When you have your back against the wall you can be super inspired and creative which I feel lacked a lot on the last release. With everything running smooth they probably felt a little too comfortable.

Plus anyone that has seen Artifact knows City Of Angels was wrote during the This is War release.

SpyKi I'm also not a huge fan of their first release either but check this one out:

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

They definitely have some good jams. Both ABL and TIW hold up well imo.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, their 2009 album was excellent to me. I was pretty disappointed with the 2013 effort.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

dude has a good set of pipes. love attack.

JamesMichael likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm hoping for a late summer release for their new album. Hopefully they're pretty far along in the process.

9. JamesMichael

Definitely one of my favourites. Many of his strongest vocal points on that album.

I'm hoping it's going to be sooner rather than later too. There has been a lot of #marsiscoming hashtags from the band over the last year so I'm assuming they are well into the process at least.

I know they will never return to some of the style on ABL but I'll take another TIW inspired album over the last to be honest.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Jared Leto is kind of a douche but damn if he isn't an amazing singer, actor, and video director.

11. JamesMichael

Jared said on Ellen the other day they are currently hard at work on the new record and they are hoping to have it out sooner rather than later.

Colour me excited!

12. Steve_JustAGuy May 20, 2016
    (Last edited: May 20, 2016)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

"Kings and Queens" and "Closer To The Edge" are such great tracks. I think they could have reached that Muse-arena rock status, but Jared has his other projects (not a slight, dude is outrageously talented and has many opportunities presented to him). Their most recent isn't my favorite, but I really like them and are curious to see what they put out next.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Hope they go heavy and experimental. I can dream right?

Christian Romero likes this.
  14. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Jared has performed one or two songs from the upcoming album, they're dark and beautiful. Hoping this next album will have a more stripped down/raw sound. Either way I have a really good feeling about this next album.

15. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

I like their first two albums but This Is War was lame and whatever the one after was complete toilet. Will still listen if they take their new stuff in a darker direction or a throwback to their earlier stuff. Hope Jared Leto's method acting for the Joker has inspired him to make some really crazy stuff

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I absolutely love TIW and find parts of the latest album and ABL tolerable. Haven't really listened to their first record.

Jared vocals on parts of TIW are so goddamn good. Dude really goes for it on the studio.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't dislike any of their stuff but I don't truly love much of their stuff either besides a few exceptions.

Their videos are another story though, they're almost all fantastic, even the concert footage ones, a type of music video I'm generally not a fan of. Leto is a fantastic director, his documentary Artifact is a fantastic watch too

DejaMoi likes this.
  18. JamesMichael

Currently all in acoustic form aren't they in terms of live videos?

Lots of mixed opinions here which is why I love this place! I'd say ABL and TIW are my favourites and I have grown to enjoy a fair amount of LLF+D. The only release I couldn't get into loads was the first album minus a few such as Oblivion (such a good song)

Artifact is an amazing documentary for sure. I have to applaud Jared he knows how to direct and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear him taking on bigger projects in the future.

Dirty Sanchez and softanimal like this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"Kings and Queens" is my most favorite song of all time

20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

"The Kill" and "Attack" were huge singles. Wish I liked most of their other stuff as much as I enjoyed those.

softanimal likes this.
  21. I enjoy their first 2 albums. I remember seeing them open for Sevendust in a tiny club and Leto was sitting at his merch table trying to sling t shirts and CDs. And now he's an Oscar winning actor.

22. I picked up their debut album at a show in 2002 when they were opening for Incubus. Played that thing to death in high school and still enjoy it. I had no idea Leto was involved at the time.

Really enjoyed ABL as well, but haven't really been into the last two albums. They seemed over-the-top and self-indulgent to me, and the hooks just weren't as strong.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. such a fantastic song. definitely my favorite one by this band.

24. everyone here has seen the Artifact documentary, right?! if you haven't, you absolutely should. even if you aren't a 30STM fan.

beachdude42 and kyle like this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"Kings and Queens" was always a favourite for most people I knew but I think it's one of the weaker songs on the album. Still great though.