Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

3 From Hell (Rob Zombie; 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 25, 2017.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Let us know what you think.

OhTheWater likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man the budget is immediately showing. Will we look back in 30 years admiringly at direct to VOD movies?

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Definitely doesn't hold up to the other two, but I thought it was still a fun watch. The budget was definitely something I noticed lol.

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Great to see Sid again, if only so briefly

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The cgi blood and smoke and general effects are brutal. It’s a shame he had to go this low with the budget

6. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sorry...I just can't deal with Sheri Moon. She's atrocious and takes me out of every Zombie film.

chewbacca110 and OhTheWater like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

At this point, I’ve seen the first two enough to get used to her as Baby

Bill Moseley has, as expected, been carrying this film so far. I do like Richard Brake though

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Even in the (much maligned but I love them) Halloween flicks, it is undeniable that Rob can create a lasting image. The murder scene shot by the car lights is engrained in my memory. So is Jeff Daniel Phillips’s Seymour Coffins appearance. Every one of his films has at least one character or setpiece that is innovative or lasting.

The low budget in this has, so far anyway, taken away all of that creativity and vibrance that makes me love Zombie’s films. Hopefully it picks up

ChrisCantWrite and Contender like this.
  9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I haven’t watched due to the fear of hating it. His movies mean a lot to me, and I don’t want to dislike another movie like 31.

Sherri is someone I always look forward to seeing.

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol the third from hell digging in that lady’s mom’s ashes

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Clint Howard!!!! Here we go!

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m dying at this slo mo glitter throwing scene

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Zombie does have a knack for adding little dumb shit to some scenes. the woman who drops the uniform off to the warden and tells him he had his hands down her pants last week...why?

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Woah is my file messed up or did he really edit the scene of the warden coming back with baby and them killing everyone this way? It cuts from a quick shot of Otis on the couch with a nude woman to the wardens wife freaking out and getting shot, to the nude woman grabbing a knife and then baby killing her outside
    if that is intentional, it really caught me off guard

edit:
    And now it’s going back and playing it again? My file must be messed up

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I tried to watch this movie twice and couldn’t finish it either time. Thought it was absolutely awful and like a majority of Rob’s movies.

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I actually didn’t hate 31. Don’t get me wrong, it’s bad, but tolerable.

airik625 likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ok I’m on Amazon Prime now, my file was 100% messed up

riotspray likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Losing me a bit in this act, hope it picks up

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Man this bummed me out. It was entertaining but the low budget and retread of a lot of his other stuff left me lukwarm. I’d say 31 was more memorable than this. Damn

20. Is it streaming anywhere cause I ain’t paying to watch it.

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Shudder has exclusive streaming rights

22. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Devil’s Rejects also had CG blood throughout.

Personally I really really liked 3 From Hell (my Blu-ray even came with a Disco Sucks shirt that’s way too big for me lol). It honestly made me emotional in a couple of scenes, obviously the first being Sid’s scene because his real life pain & agony definitely shows on screen...but the other being the scene when Baby watches the dancing kitty then cries out for it. I saw something in that scene that kinda got me choked up when I first watched it. Not sure what it was. The rest of the film feels like a fitting follow up to Rejects. I understand the film was kinda thrown together but I loved seeing these characters again for one last go-round

Damn now I wanna go watch this again lol

OhTheWater likes this.