Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

21 Women Accuse Dahvie Vanity of Sexual Assault.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

HuffPost:

After speaking to Farrell and her mother, Captain Kurt Romanosky, a detective from the Crimes Against Children squad of the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, called 22-year-old Jesus David Torres, the man known on Myspace as “Dahvie the Elite Hair God.” Romanosky informed Torres that he was aware of the sexual contact with Farrell, and that her mother would not ask cops to arrest Torres if he cut off contact with her daughter. Torres claimed he didn’t know how young Farrell was, said he was sorry and promised not to talk to her again.

Warning: This article is extremely graphic.

2. currytheword

Trusted

This name is more widely recognized as sexual predator label than an artist. I'm pretty sure the first time I ever even heard of this trash bag was of a claim against him.

3. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

He's been evading this for a long time and it bums me out that he's a Florida native.

This paragraph is unsettling: Later that night, when Hood was back home in bed, Torres called. It was 3:00 a.m. and she was exhausted, but she stayed up to chat with her crush. About an hour into the conversation, he instructed her to go outside because the reception was bad, she said, so she slipped out the door and ― to her complete surprise ― found him lurking in his van in the dark, parked discreetly down the street from her house.

4. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Didn't Ash from New Years Day also have something happen to her by this pos?

5. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

AllenRicketts likes this.
  6. BradBradley

Regular

7. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I couldn’t even finish the article. What an absolutely putrid piece of trash.

8. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I would love nothing more than to see this vile piece of shit suffer the most painful, agonizing death possible. And this is coming from someone who normally never wishes death on other people. I guess I take it a little more personally because I have friends who were also affected by his behavior.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Didn’t the guys in his band admit they knew he was a creep too?

10. chilllll

Regular

Nothing new. Fuck this guy .this is the botdf band right?

11. chilllll

Regular

Articles about this guy doing shit like this have been around before Facebook was the main social network... How tf does he still have a platform?

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

This scum deserves to be executed.

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

echoing all of the above about how sadly this is not new information in the slightest. I'm glad people are finally talking about it a little more to more widespread acknowledgement.

selfishly, I'm also extremely upset and disappointed that it was my own county's sherrif department that let him off the hook and that so much of this happened locally.
    I'm so disgusted.

14. supernovagirl

this just got so much more fucked up and I dont even know how to process it. I knew her. oh my god. I cant even fucking handle this

15. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This is horrifying and it is unfathomable to me that this monster isn't behind bars.

16. steve187

wasn't this not far from the number of victims in like...2008 or something?

17. somethingwitty

Trusted

How does he have all these victim yet he's not in jail?! There's no way the statute has ran out on all of these cases, right?

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Our justice system isn’t the greatest, so there’s that.

19. supernovagirl

And update on this is that I was able to find her and reach out to her.
    I let her know that I’m part of a music community that believes her and supports her and was horrified for her, and she really appreciated it. I just wanted her to know that there are so many people behind her

20. persephone

Holy sh*t. These all happened in the exact same way it almost happened to me. I went to a show and met with him before and after, he kept telling me how "cute" I was and suggesting a makeover for me and what to do with my hair, said I should dye it black with platinum blonde highlights... He invited me to stay after and "hang out" in his van. He knew I was underage and had black X's on the tops of my hands because the show was in a bar, and he was paying extra attention to me when most of the concert goers were leaving... I could've been one of those women. I believe them because that's exactly where things were going. I was 14.

Oskarr and SmithBerryCrunch like this.