Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2024 MLB Season Baseball • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Fuego

Trusted

I expected the Orioles to at least have to trade one of Mayo/Kjerstad/Cowser for a top pitcher so return does seem kinda weak.

oncenowagain likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

No one wants to be defeated

oncenowagain and shea like this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hmm

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

saw dodgers presale ticket prices and dang near cried

Brent likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk how or why anyone actually buys tickets FROM the teams anymore

i cant remember the last time i didnt wait until the morning or afternoon of the game and bought cheap/good tickets on like seat geek from someone who cant use their season tickets that day lol

stvvvn, Zoshchenko and GrantCloud like this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I usually buy tickets from the team site. Unless they're sold out. Service fees on Gametime usually cancel out the savings

7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it depends on where you live, twins tickets are still prettyyyy affordable from the team. I could imagine Mets tickets are probably double lol

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

That’s usually how I do it but now dodgers attached giveaways with buying certain tickets so they made it somewhat harder

9. Fuego

Trusted

Honestly could see them trading for another starting pitcher at this point. Would probably need to trade Kremer as part of package for a pitcher with more than 1 year left of contract.

Burnes - Bradish - G Rodriguez - Means - Kremer

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah thats fair, NYC sporting events are a much more extravagant purchase

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Steve Cohen is gonna make sure he’s getting his money back just on hot dogs, beer, and whole tomatoes for the fans to throw at the players

JoshIsMediocre and GrantCloud like this.
    GrantCloud likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

not sure how much behind the plate Mets tickets are but twins are roughly 80ish a piece from the team, not right behind the plate but the area usually behind that

oncenowagain likes this.
  14. TheJMan

Trusted

Theo Epstein is back with the Red Sox. Hopefully he can convince old man Henry to open up his check book.

oncenowagain likes this.
  16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

goat shit

17. TheJMan

Trusted

We just hired one of the greatest baseball executives in history so let’s have him figure out how to make our soccer team better. Makes perfect sense.

18. Zoshchenko Feb 2, 2024
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2024)
    Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

honestly the soccer team is way better than the baseball team and much better set up to achieve more sooner, so it makes sense to me

also a short term assignment, they’ll want next manager wrapped up by late May at the latest and honestly that’s probably too late, probably by April

I guess concern makes a little more sense for “why have baseball man do soccer thing” but that seems less important than just being smart, knowing data and analytics, and having a keen sense of what to look for in a manager in terms of man management and player development

19. TheJMan

Trusted

I’m just being a bitter asshole pay no attention to me haha. I’m just glad he’s back because Henry listens and respects him.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  21. TheJMan

Trusted

Man if every Dodger game this year is going to be a World Series game than Mookie Betts is about to have a shit season.

oncenowagain and Brent like this.
  22. oncenowagain

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Like Bernie Matoff?

24. oncenowagain

you mean one of the original kings of comedy?

GrantCloud, ChaseTx, shea and 2 others like this.
  25. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

spicy