Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2024-2025 NFL Season Pink Pony Club • Page 854

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Mar 14, 2024.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Josh got eaten by a cow

2. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

3. Indigo

Trusted

this is vs. me going “Wow 10 looks good on that dude. Did you see the lady in that last crowd shot? Where’d she get that jersey?! Looks homemade, right?”

GrantCloud and imthegrimace like this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Nah it would be really quality football content

it just sucks cause he thinks I talk out of my ass since I don’t use numbers as much, and I think he misuses numbers by treating them as gospel rather than questioning them with healthy context-based skepticism, and tbh we’re both probably right, we need to be humble enough to learn from each other rather than constantly playing tennis with counterpoints

Shakriel likes this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

why would you say this? It’s what the thread needs.

David-, Texas Flood, Indigo and 2 others like this.
  6. Randall Mentzos May 3, 2024
    (Last edited: May 3, 2024)
    Randall Mentzos

I’m gonna do a 180 and devil’s advocate myself about BTJ:

Part of my concern was, he’s not that experienced and still has a lot to learn. But what intrigued me was Doug saying he loves two sport players and LOVES the fact Brian Thomas Jr was awesome at basketball before he took football seriously. As someone who recently started watching a lot of basketball, I understand a little more now of why ex-basketball players make great receivers and tight ends.

Maybe I’m being too narrow minded. Maybe I’m just looking at what he did at LSU and how he was and wasnt used by that particular coaching staff… but the coaches see, from a more granular detail perspective, that even in simple routes BTJ already understands subtle things about leverage, body positioning, and footwork that are really hard to teach a guy who doesn’t have that instinct from playing basketball. And maybe they’re thinking, “teaching him all these routes is the easy part, the hard part is being able to innately know how to WIN the route you’re running and get that rebound advantage even if you don’t have a lot of space”.

It makes sense that I’d overlook that, as a fan who can do online research rather easily about strategy on paper, but knows very little about field-level things like technique because I’ve never actually played or coached organized tackle football. And even if I did, that doesn’t mean I have a true understanding of how hard it is to apply those concepts in real time and react quickly when the whole play happens in 5 seconds. So that’s an interesting angle I started considering, and it’s a silver lining I’m gonna use to stay optimistic about the pick.

morgantayler likes this.
  7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I still don’t know if I have a concussion or not

8. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

Probably safe to say that if you’re here you do

9. Good weather during the week and bad weather on the weekend is cruel

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I love that this post followed randalls very long post

11. Randall Mentzos

I tried not to care about the rap beef

But Kendrick calling Drake “off-white sunseeker” in the first two words of the song is already one of the hardest disses of all time, there’s multiple entendres in that phrase and it basically sums up the whole song before he even gets into the nitty gritty of it.

I love Kendrick Lamar, Drake was WAY outta his depth

David- likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

13. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Every day is Lord of the Rings Day as far as i am concerned

15. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t wait to wear my Bilbo Baggins costume to the movie tomorrow

16. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Do I have to make the “hah Josh is a hobbit because he’s short” joke or can we all just assume it already happened and move on

Texas Flood likes this.
  17. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

It’s implied Dave

GrantCloud likes this.
  18. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Can never be too careful

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lmao josh is short

20. Got him

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  21. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

JoshIsShort

GrantCloud and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

getting diner food for breakfast, cleaning up the office to get ready for house pictures, and then going to a friend's house for a birthday later

get on my level (jk have a great weekend)

23. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I’m getting an oil change if you know what I mean

imthegrimace and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this an anal thing?