Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2024-2025 NFL Season Pink Pony Club • Page 853

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Randall Mentzos May 3, 2024
    (Last edited: May 3, 2024)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Fun fact that a lot of people don’t know - Tampa 2 isn’t just another word for Cover 2. Its actually a specific design of Cover 2 that teaches corners to stay on top within 10 yards, and has the middle linebacker drop deeper to compensate for the coverage’s usual weakness over the deep middle. It takes pressure off the safeties but puts more pressure on your OLBs to cover a ton of ground in the midrange + your DL to get pressure quickly before someone breaks open late inside.

If you have a good defensive line that excels at both pass rush and run defense and corners that love to be physical, Tampa 2 can be nearly impenetrable, 2006 Super Bowl Bears called it a lot with Urlacher and Briggs and they were hard to beat, it’s also what Tampa Bay (obviously) used heavily on defense in both SuperBowl years.

but failing that it can have a lot of holes underneath so it requires a healthy and well built defense. It can be absolutely murdered by a Julian Edelman type in the slot or an elite receiver at RB. CMC would naturally be the guy open 10-12 times a game if a defense depended on that call. But every call has weaknesses and it’s strength is it can put pressure on the short-pass sidelines and the deep middle at the same time, not nearly as vulnerable to big plays / safeties making minor errors as regular Cover 2 and not nearly as vulnerable to hitches and double moves as Cover 3

PeacefulOrca, Indigo and Shakriel like this.
  2. Literal

BIGGER PLATE

had a meeting scheduled for only 45 min today that ended up being 2 1/2 hours long

got a small taste of what grimace goes through daily

David- and imthegrimace like this.
  3. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

Magnolia was very good

can’t believe people complain about the “musical” scene

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

god challengers was good

5. phaynes12

ive seen magnolia like 20 times and i have no clue what the "musical" scene is that you're referring to

PeacefulOrca and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  6. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

When they’re all singing the Aimee Mann song

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

The sommelier at my job was hoping we could sell at least one glass of an expensive bottle that got opened for a VIP guest last night. He said if we could sell at least one glass this weekend that would salvage it. They’re $60 a glass and that was at a discount.

sold two to my first table lol. Sommelier was so impressed he said I could take the last glass’ worth of the wine home with me.

8. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

*somalian

9. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

haters are my motivators dork

11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

David-, Indigo, CarpetElf and 3 others like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its insane how different this makes what he was saying

13. Indigo

Trusted

[​IMG]

14. phaynes12

oh sure it’s a good scene

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  15. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I found an archive of old live stuff from emo bands on myspace and wow, I didn’t realize how dark the lyrics were back then lol

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

[​IMG]

JoshIsMediocre and Literal like this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

haven’t seen that film in forever but remember thinking “ehhhh”

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

today i learned what a sommelier is

20. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

whats the word for a cheap liqour expert cause thats what i am

21. Randall Mentzos

I’m secretly gonna tell this thread everything I know about football strategy and everyone’s gonna stealth memorize it even though they’re not trying to. Come to the dark side my friends.

Indigo likes this.
  22. Randall Mentzos

It’s so dumb that me and Matt argue so hard cause if we joined forces we’d be unstoppable. With my strategy nerding and his intensive research I really do bet as a pair we could be at least as good as a lot of pro analysts out there

maybe when we’re 40 we’ll be grown enough to just say “I disagree” and we’ll do a podcast or something

Indigo likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Indigo likes this.
  24. Indigo

Trusted

I’m going to be watching a game and say under my breath “Mike LB shoulda picked up that one Jess, he’s leaning too much on the safety back there.” And she’ll say “damn you RANDALL!”

25. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

you two agreeing sounds like a nightmare