Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2023-2024 NFL Season Thread • Page 542

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, May 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I think we gotta stop making fun of oklahoma y’all

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, is grimace a tastebud? Like what is grimace?

imthesheriff and GrantCloud like this.
  4. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

My forgetting to read labels got me again. I got wheat Tortillas because I saw the corn picture and didn't read lol.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

A large purple monster who was first introduced in November 1971 as the "Evil Grimace". In Grimace's first appearances, he was one of the original main antagonists and was depicted with two pairs of arms which were used to steal milkshakes and Cokes. "Evil" was soon dropped from Grimace's name and he was reintroduced in 1972 as a protagonist where he only has one set of arms. He was then a rather clumsy, but still amiable monster from then on. His exact nature has been disputed: in a 2010 interview, a McDonald's spokesperson said that Grimace was a taste bud.[15] A 2014 Tweet from the McDonald's Twitter account stated "Grimace lore says he is the embodiment of a milkshakeor a taste bud."[16] In 2021, Brian Bates, a franchisee in Canada, stated in an interview widely reported on in the press that Grimace is an anthropomorphic taste bud.[17][18] Writing in The Takeout, Lillian Stone disputed this, pointing out other material that established that Grimace was part of a species of Grimaces, including his Uncle O'Grimacey who promoted the Shamrock Shake.[19] To celebrate the 51 year anniversary of the character's inception, in 2023, McDonalds ran a promotion to celebrate Grimace's birthday with the release of the Grimace Shake, which became an Internet meme on social mediaplatforms.[20] Heather Schwedel of Slate stated that prior to the meme, the character was "a nobody", and that the promotion for the Grimace-themed milkshake was done for "novelty" and was "perfect meme fodder".[21]

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I knew who grimace was way before that wtf

8. imthegrimace

JoshIsMediocre and GrantCloud like this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

10. imthegrimace

You were on the fucking titanic??

JoshIsMediocre and GrantCloud like this.
  11. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

IMG_2448.jpeg

JRShoenberger and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Day 1 in a grimace-less America

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Imagine singing up for threads instead of just deleting all forms social media lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and imthesheriff like this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Don’t disrespect whales like that

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

The Threads thing is funny cuz it's like "You know how Twitter completely fucking sucks now? What if we nuked it by going to this other app that sucks slightly less but still really sucks?"

And yet I still did it because it's hilarious plus I had Instagram anyway so might as well try it and then never look again

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Threads will no doubt stay in the spotlight longer than Hive or Mastodon simply because of the Meta connection, but, Twitter is and will always be supreme here.

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Spoken like a true Elon Stan

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

thats me

21. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

I really don't know if it always will, like Elon is doing a REALLY bad job

I expected worse than how it was but not this much worse. It wouldn't surprise me if Twitter stayed "supreme" because things with longevity usually do, and trends pass fast, but he's doing such a bad job it wouldn't surprise me if it completely fell. But that doesn't automatically mean Threads is what "takes its place" of course

22. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I don't think people realize the following things:

Threads is currently in it's Beta Phase. They released it early because the Rate Limit thing was too hard to pass up on.
    Phase II is a feed of exclusively who you follow. If they cave on a central point and give a chronological version of that, I think it's a wrap for Twitter.

Instagram is already the platform of choice for celebrities and big-time influencers, if sports and news follow suit then all Elon has left are...nazis lol

There's a reason Elon is suing them already lol

23. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

Thank fucking god

I had a suspicion that it'd go to that kind of feed once enough people were using it but yeah, good to see that confirmed. I definitely didn't have all the info

24. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

threads better get that chronological timeline up and running before week 1, damn it

25. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

I think the only competition is Mike Alstott

GrantCloud and Fucking Dustin like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.