Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2023-2024 NFL Season Thread • Page 534

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, May 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Hurts is 100% in the top 10 overall but no other NFC QB is.

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

idk, I think the NFC has 3 or so, but the ones not named Hurts are around 9 and 10

Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, Burrow, Lamar, Herbert, Lawrence comfortably make up the top 7, and then you have the place where you can rank order Tua and the large group of NFC guys

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’d say Goff is 2nd or 3rd in the NFC

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

live music only for the 1% nowadays

6. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

not gonna name names but someone in this thread went to see taylor swift...twice

7. Randall Mentzos

Here I am hoping people just start going to smaller circuit shows again and say fuck this corporate bullshit

but that’s wishful thinking.

I mean you’ve got the guy from Pianos Become The Teeth in a local band again (called Burial Waves), probably because it’s more rewarding than having to charge fans so much and still earn so damn little in the actual touring industry rn. So many greedy little middlemen with their hands out.

8. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I've found myself really aging out of concerts which is a bummer. I used to be good for 10-15 a year. Now, MAYBE 1 lol

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  9. imthegrimace

and goes to disney world twice a year...

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

11. Randall Mentzos

Eh, so did a friend of mine who works a standard office assistant job. When you love something you go get it haha

My experiences as a musician are way beyond my budget lol but I find ways to do it and scrimp on almost everything else because it gives me more happiness than almost everything else lol

12. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

The idea of convenience fees being a thing still in 2023 is absolutely bonkers, too. You could make the argument that they were warranted 20 years ago when selling tickets online first became popular, because it truly was a convenience at the time, but now that tickets are 99% sold online there's no fucking reason for it

imthesheriff and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

You know why Ticketmaster has fees so high?

Because they pay venues to host their tickets rather than charging the venues, so that they can have all those exclusive monopoly deals and then pass the cost onto the customer. It’s shady as fuck, no one else gets a say in any of that.

The artists don’t receive that money. the ticket prices themselves don’t come down because of that money. And there’s no competition to “check” Ticketmaster. They can theoretically pay themselves and venues whatever they want as long as it’s an artist that will still sell out at that price. we’ve reached that 80% market dominance point where other companies (SeatGeek, AXS etc) have to do the same exact thing to even exist.

But we live in a society where it’s accepted that companies can constantly pour $500M or whatever into stock bonuses but refuse to give employees more than $11 an hour. Fuckin, the venues themselves charge ARTISTS high ass percentages of the merch they sell. Like, you already get MOST of the money from the people I brought into your otherwise empty venue, how the fuck do you get a 30% cut of every shirt that I sell too? AND charge fans high fees.

So it’s not just about enforcing anti trust laws on Ticketmaster unfortunately. It’s about changing people’s perception of capitalism in general and all the cognitive bias that makes us sip our tea and say “this is fine” in a fire. Ticketmaster and even worse companies in worse industries will never be held accountable without that

14. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

randall if I have a chance to dunk on Grant I gotta do it

15. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

I mean uhhh that anonymous nfl thread poster, not grant

16. imthegrimace

Who the fuck is grant?

17. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

[​IMG]

??

18. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. Not as bananas as watt

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  20. And that's with watt only playing ten games last year and injured during most of them

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  21. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

Agreed but I think the greater takeaway is the fact that he’s interior and not edge

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

23. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Seriously. 124 pressures up the middle is ABSURD.

24. imthegrimace

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i bought them the rifle

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.