Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2023-2024 NFL Season Thread • Page 3519

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, May 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

Also Dave why did your wife get let go, I’d like to know before applying

Sean Murphy and GrantCloud like this.
  2. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That would be fucking hysterical lol

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  4. MidDave

It's a pretty long story but basically when Beads returned from Maternity Leave they also hired a CMO finally. So she wound up working for her instead of the CEO. They were also hiring another position, a role her friend had previously occupied for 10 years and was trying to return to (pretty common for their company.)

New CMO hated the previously employee and would not give him a legitimate chance or interview, and the more beads and her coworkers urged her to consider him, the more she resented it. So that started them down a bad path, and then things would pop up like Beads fighting for the raise the CEO promised her before maternity leave than "forgot" about. It just lead to a frosty relationship with the CMO where she outright would tell Beads "yes, I treat you worse than your contemporaries because we've had "tough conversations" before."

So Beads finally had enough and after a year of being harassed, filed a complaint with HR a couple Mondays ago, and was fired 2 days later.

5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

@dorfmac is Baltimore going to retain Geno Stone?

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Lmao my restaurant keeps trying to get on us about uniforms

and I keep reminding them that I said originally that they were being short sighted to only provide one, because keeping only one of them constantly clean isn’t possible when half of us don’t have cars or in-building laundry and also work second jobs.

and I keep reminding them that the uniforms are expensive andmost servers have a second job cause tips alone don’t pay their bills, while the restaurant only pays us $2-$3 an hour, so if the restaurant wants new uniforms then the restaurant must be willing to eat the expense of providing several hundred dollars in uniforms per employee

If they want to send their best server home, cause I haven’t had time in two weeks to go wash the only apron they gave me, then I’m gonna enjoy my fuckin day off and I’m not signing the write up lol. They can get fucked I’m not spending more than you pay me in a month on a uniform.

Uniforms were NOT one of the countless concerns customers have complained about regarding the shitty old staff you still haven’t finished replacing. I will do what gets me paid, which means I will do what gets me tipped. That’s it. The restaurant does not pay me enough for what they’re asking.

spreadthehummus2321 and spiffa0 like this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

Working class jobs need to acknowledge that their employees are working class. When you pay me a $75k+ salary like an office job would, THEN I’ll buy my own shirts pants ties and aprons and move to a place that has its own laundry appliances. As it is now it already hurt my budget to buy new shoes for work so I could stop having plantar fasciitis… and I can barely afford this apartment that doesn’t have laundry in it.

8. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

You’re not wrong but you’re fighting an uphill battle dude

9. dorfmac

Trusted

No. No cap space, already have Williams and Hamilton, and he deserves to start somewhere. I like him and wish he could stick around tho

xbrokendownx and GrantCloud like this.
  10. Randall Mentzos

Sucks for them, not me. I can find another restaurant job lickety split. They cannot find another me.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Sorry you're dealing with that and I know it's not the point of the post but I would like to point out that not every office job pay $75k+ a year, hell a lot of them do not.

12. MidDave

How much is a second uniform head-to-toe?

13. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

I received about a 14k raise when I got promoted and all of my employees make more than me annually (because they work like 60 hour weeks) lol

14. MidDave

Lol at my first job, after I’d been there for a few years I became a department head. I then sat in a room while they hired my intern and started him $15k above me.

15. Randall Mentzos

At minimum $100, possibly closer to $200 cause it’s a designer apron for nice seafood restaurants plus we wear a tie and ties are notoriously overpriced

16. MidDave

SHEEESH

I was gonna offer to buy ya one but, sorry, can’t do that haha

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

Yeah that’s why I will tell the managers to their faces that I’m not buying another one but if they provide it I will wear it

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah man OT is lit

19. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

@Randall Mentzos youve probably said before but what’s your degree in? Why do you stick with the service industry? Is it just easier on your music schedule?

CarpetElf and GrantCloud like this.
  20. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

21. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

Wouldn’t know, wouldn’t wanna know

GrantCloud likes this.
  22. MidDave

I used to get overtime at my second job and abused the FUCK outta it. I'd work 7-7 every single day because fuck it why not.

Joe4th and Randall Mentzos like this.
  23. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos

It’s a lot of things. Some of those being anxiety and a mental block because I still don’t really know how to get those jobs even though I have a degree now

25. Randall Mentzos

It’s easy to find someone who can blunt-force do the job, but most people suck at it and don’t even try to be good at it, that’s what I’m saying. Because it’s such a low bar, it’s also a thin talent pool. Finding another experienced server who knows how to do 8 things at once without messing up an order and while keeping the restaurant stocked and clean by carrying two full trays of plates and glasses at once is actually pretty difficult.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.