Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2023-2024 NFL Season Thread • Page 1309

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, May 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

just ate my last remaining can of Skyline I brought from Florida, shame I'm gonna die before the game starts tonight

imthegrimace likes this.
  2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

College football’s actual competitive structure is broken. I’d like it a lot more of it wasn’t. But recruiting advantages make it possible to get a bunch of way more athletic players and then run an offense that would never work in the NFL, but runs up the score in college, because you have that athlete advantage.

some folks are gonna hate that I’m saying this, but that is why you have players like Justin Fields and Marcus Mariota come into the league with dominant college careers and being dominant athletes who throw the ball extremely accurately etc.. but misunderstanding the most basic structural elements of being a QB who stays calm and plans ahead.

It’s easy not to have that sense of urgency to develop anticipation, and shortening the process of multiple reads by studying keys and cues, and footwork to stay in the pocket when running isn’t the best option etc…

when your college coach doesn’t have to give a shit about that, because their line is so good and their receivers are so far ahead of the competition, that simple one-read concepts that take forever to develop still beat other good teams 59-20. Like there’s not that impetus that’s like “shit I gotta study harder and change the way I play” and by the time they get to the NFL that learning curve is MUCH steeper.

FTank likes this.
  4. Hell yeah just came today

PXL_20230907_175719192.MP.jpg

xbrokendownx and GrantCloud like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro STREAMER ON TWITCH Supporter

Hell yeah just happened today

[​IMG]

6. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

Alright I'm sorry for wanting to watch Texas-Alabama haha

7. oldjersey

Have yall ever seen that video where a personal trainer is helping a girl stretch and the girl farts an earthquake and her friends are there and they are start dying of laughter.

It's a mesmerizing clip.

8. oldjersey

WAIT I'VE BEEN JEBAITED

The actual clip is a much quieter fart I have been seeing a clip with a v thunderous fart.

Fuck

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

10000000%

GrantCloud and whitenblue88 like this.
  10. Randall Mentzos

Aw yeah sorry the timing of us all posting criticisms of college football was kinda rude there. Didn’t mean to be a buncha haters.

If it makes anything better, my general statement on lopsided competition and how it affects the draft, does not apply to really good matchups between strong teams. I’d absolutely be into Texas / Alabama and would watch it if I didn’t have to work.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Justin Fields was a good prospect god dammit. A better example would be a player that actually only looked good against weak competition

12. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

he was a good prospect because his elite athleticism gave him a high floor while he learns the intricacies of the game. Not because he actually had an elite understanding of the intricacies of the game.

that’s still a good prospect but let’s be realistic about what he offers here. No one is surprised he still struggled as a passer in his second season. (And no one is surprised he was such a good runner that he almost won several games by himself anyway.)

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. It is a vinyl record by the band The Movielife titled Has a Gambling Problem

GrantCloud and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  15. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

@ jason tate can I ban the words "justin" and "fields" when it's posted by randall or elf

16. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

damn I hope they get better

17. Indigo

Trusted

self help book for gambling addicts. teaches you to watch a movie instead of gambling when you get the urge. super helpful stuff actually

18. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

damn i'll check it out

Indigo likes this.
  19. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

The coolest thing about college sports is when you have a legit underdog beat a power school

SFA beat Duke in college basketball a few years back and it was the coolest feeling personally

Colorado beating TCU was a recent example of what can make college sports extremely compelling

but yeah the 73-0 beatdown cupcake games gotta go, those are dumb

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  21. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

there's a wonder years song where he says someone starts quoting lyrics to that movielife song

which song is it

GrantCloud likes this.
  22. Randall Mentzos

What makes me believe in Justin Fields more than Anthony Richardson, is the fact that Fields actually is laser accurate with his throws, he does know how to throw with touch, and he does at least have a sense of playing it safe to avoid interceptions, where as AR is none of those things. They’re similarly insane at running and extending plays but Fields is like, once he gets the mental aspect of the game, he will be more than capable of executing with his arm. Fields isn’t “sloppy”. Jury’s still out on whether AR’s ceiling is Cam Newton/Josh Allen or if he’s almost as sloppy as JaMarcus Russell lol. His tape shows you both.

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

AR is Josh Allen

24. oldjersey

Fields is laser accurate with his throws? Why doesn't he throw the ball more then?

Texas Flood and imthegrimace like this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

"what makes me believe in a C+ QB more than a C- one..."

we don't have to have these debates lol who cares

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.