Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 620

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by slowheart, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
    phaynes12 likes this.
  2. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Something!

3. Brandon Miller and Nick Smith Jr is a pretty good draft haul. Added two great scorers.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

bucks picked up Timme too lol

Drew Beringer likes this.
  5. I know they can’t do a thing about it since it happened in college but it’s so weird to see one guy who provided a gun to a murder get celebrated as the two pick while another guy who just flashes guns online gets a 25 game suspension

6. Btw it’s pretty sketchy that Shams works for Fan Duel, put out that news that completely changed the odds, and then Fan Duel cashes in on the Scoot bets when all along Miller was the guy according to Woj and other reports throughout the whole process.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

does he work for Fanduel?

8. he has a new-ish show on Fanduel TV

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

damn that is a lil sus hah - i didnt know that

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Malika Andrews is getting absolutely flogged on twitter this morning for bringing it up last night on the broadcast.

11. From a basketball stand point, I really like Miller and I think he can make us a lot better. But the reason I preferred Scoot was because of the gun incident. I don’t even know the full story but I know enough to make me want to pass on him. I really hope we at least move Miles. Because like I’ve said before, it’d be hard for me to spend money on tickets to watch a team with both of those guys playing.

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

and a guy who has sex gets treated like a pariah

Drew Beringer and Swoos like this.
  13. A lot of people’s been on his ass for that this season. I don’t live in a state where I can bet on the draft or trades etc but some people do and a lot of people lost a ton of money last night lmao.

Scoots odds swung tremendously when he tweeted. And Amen’s odds shot up briefly when he tweeted about him having a good workout with Portland too.

Woj was on that shit all week

Joe4th, phaynes12 and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  14. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this is the yodeling kid all grown up right

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Woj still the best

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Emoni Bates either gonna be the Cavs starting SF or out of the league in a year.

No in between.

williek311 likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that's brutal. I feel for the guy.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I went down a post-draft rabbit hole this morning and ended up looking at the G-League. There are some awesome team names.

Motor City Cruise
    Capital City Go-Go
    Fort Wayne Mad Ants
    Greensboro Swarm
    Delaware Blue Coats
    Memphis Hustle

These are all so much cooler than their big-league affiliates. I also kind of like the Raptors naming theirs after the area code.

I have to give a huge L to the Celtics though. They changed the name from the Maine Red Claws to the Maine Celtics once they bought the team. Awful. Just terrible. Why would you change something so great?

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Minor league teams across all sports just have much better branding/more fun. All the major sports leagues (at least in America, don't know about worldwide) are so incredibly boring

JoshIsMediocre and aoftbsten like this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It seems like everything has to be safe to have widespread appeal, but that is a dumb and bad assumption. I mean, look at fuckin Gritty! Weird. Terrifying. But everyone loves, fears, and respects Gritty.

23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah it's definitely a "playing it safe" method. With boomers dying off soon let's get whacky and weird

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Look at what you had Maine! Look what that took from you!
    [​IMG]
    That lobster could ball out with its antennae!

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

best thing about the Mets organization

[​IMG]

Max_123 and aoftbsten like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.