Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 1121

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I feel this in that everything about a concert besides the concert itself (having to drive into the city and navigate city parking to then just stand for hours in a room packed with strangers who are sometimes somewhere between inconsiderate and obnoxious and maybe buy an overpriced drink or two) is incredibly unappealing to me, but the live music experience itself makes it worth it to me

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

it depends on the genre for me. I specifically like indie rock shows because they are usually a little more low key and even more focused on sound quality than just energy and performance alone

pop / hip hop / big rock shows way too big and expensive just to see the artist in an amphitheatre or stadium where most the detail gets lost in the echo. Like, really talented sound techs work those shows but there’s only so much you can do with a room or outdoor space that is huge and not soundproofed like an auditorium. & I’m not paying $300 to be in the front and I’m not paying $60 just to watch the artist on a TV cause I’m too far either.

And people are annoying as all fuck at pop-punk shows. Punk shows are fun and slightly less juvenile (typically because classic punk attracts an older audience overall) but I’d say the aesthetic and the adrenaline is more important than the sound

give me a mid size venue with great lighting and space in the back / on the balcony, because you can both hear the show better and also avoid being packed like sardines. My ideal spots are either 1) in the balcony on the side of the stage where I can see really clearly everything the band is doing, or 2) towards the middle-back where the sound booth is cause by design that’s the best vantage point for sound quality in the house

Night Channels likes this.
  4. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I always think concerts are better in theory than in execution lol

5. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

And I say that as someone who’s been to like a thousand concerts lol

GrantCloud and PeacefulOrca like this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s a lot of awkwardness

7. Randall Mentzos

I honestly just think only 25% or less of artists are actually good live and are meticulous enough to get their sound consistent at every venue. But there are bands like that and I always appreciate the shit out of it when they really are that good

8. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I don't think there's anything I like doing in public more than being at a concert. Eating at a good restaurant is probably the closest competition.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  9. Randall Mentzos

I also don’t hate crowds and city driving / parking as much as most people do haha. Like idk what’s wrong with me but I just really enjoy going into the city and doing things, the slight hassle is always worth it to me

being by a subway / rail station and not even having to park and sit in traffic… or being close enough to downtown to bike to shows like I did in ATL… is the most ideal though, obviously.

10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  11. In my old age I'd prefer sitting down at a concert unless there's only like 20 people in a small ass run down venue

12. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Man Colts should be winning this game. Beating themselves
    Edit wrong thread but oh well

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

$1,000 to the first reporter to ask him what he actually does.

[​IMG]

14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

It’d be really great if, one of these years, they don’t dig themselves into an 0-3 hole

since that stretch, they’ve been a team that loses to good teams by one possession when they’re the ones who get the short end of the stick on big penalty calls and makes the couple of bone headed plays that come during the game (Titans, Bucs, Ravens), and have been a team that thumps teams when the other team is the one to make the stupid gaffes and/or they get the good end of the stick on penalty calls (Bills, 49ers) and then also beats the bad teams. That *sounds* like a playoff team but instead is a 6-6 team in a crowded league

15. David-

Trusted

Smaller shows have always been so much more enjoyable that large shows. I think the only large crowd shows I've ever really enjoyed were Linkin Park. They always killed it at every live show I saw them and I always enjoyed their live sound way more than recorded sound.

Pop Punk crowds mostly suck shit tho lol Anberlin and Silverstein were great because most of the audience was older lol

16. David-

Trusted

Can't believe they didn't just fire him earlier in the year when it was already obvious we were going nowhere.

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This x1000. Also, give me a musical or a play over a concert these days.

spiffa0 likes this.
  18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lol that the #12 team in the AFC has a better record than the #7 team in the NFC

19. Randall Mentzos

love this post and GIF hahaha

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its truly amazing how easily Meyers has confirmed EVERY thing I suspected him to do and fail at as an NFL coach. The stupid offseason stuff, the complete lack of team discipline, hilarious off-field shambles, and then either saying stupid things or getting pissy at the media for questioning him because he's used to being able to just own the reporters.

Gonna be a real shame when his "health issues" crop up this offseason

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  21. Randall Mentzos

I’ll do you one further. I hope the Jags fire him before he can make that excuse.

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The jaguars ending the season with a win and carrying urban out of the locker room and into the parking lot would be hilarious

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

And he’ll immediately hop on a plane to Baton Rouge to be the LSU coach haha

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.