Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

If Minshew had a good year I would’ve wanted Sewell.

Since he didn’t and we are the second worst team in the standings... Justin Fields is our answer to Deshaun Watson.

2. Night Channels

Trusted

Justin Fields would set the Jaguars back unless Ryan Day comes with him.

I think Joe Brady could get it going but not sure he’d take that job.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

Eh, after how many “college style” QBs have proven me wrong and adjusted properly to the NFL recently, I’ve stopped doubting top notch college QBs like that.

Talent is talent, intelligence is intelligence. If they’re really good, they’ll be able to step their game strategy up to NFL standards with experience.

And it’s also on us to adapt our system to the QB’s skill set, rather than the other way around. I’m giving @CarpetElf full bragging rights for changing my mind on this.

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Jags job should be incredibly appealing. Joe Brady + Justin Fields would be great.

whitenblue88 and Randall Mentzos like this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

We aren’t Cincy. We have weapons and our line is at least mediocre, not atrocious. Our defense is the team’s biggest area of need.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Cincy has Mixon, Boyd, and Higgins. I don't get the constant narrative that they don't have weapons.

Joe4th likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

i guess you’re right those are 3 pretty good guys. I just keep thinking about Green and their TEs never staying healthy

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos Nov 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2020)
    Randall Mentzos

Chark / Laviska / Robinson is dope for a new QB though. Get Fields, get him another offensive lineman and a tight end in this draft, and let’s fucking roll.

These are easily my favorite core weapons the Jags have had since Jimmy / Keenan / Fred in the late 90s & early 00s. That’s the lone bright spot of this season. They’re all young and the sky is the limit.

Laviska will be real interesting. He allows us to do some power spread / read option shit that can take advantage of Fields’ mobility. Especially since we have a solid power back to offset the finesse packages.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. I just want to fix the OL more than anything. A healthy CMC and a good OL will make the offense very good. And that’s with Teddy. He’s been solid and I don’t think we should take a QB unless it’s like an obvious choice.

whitenblue88 and Victor Eremita like this.
  10. Night Channels

Trusted

Zach Wilson would be a perfect fit in that offense

Swoos and CarpetElf like this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Brady drafting Fields/Pitts would be perfection.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  12. Yeah he falls into the obvious choice category lol

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lions need a complete overhaul so draft is gonna be something for us

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Is Mac Jones actually good?

15. Night Channels

Trusted

He is

16. I see you have Faalele in your top 5 OT list. Is it possible for him to be too big? Or is he just freakish enough that he's still quick enough to play tackle in the NFL?

17. Night Channels

Trusted

Never seen anything like him on a football field. He's freakishly athletic for how big he is. He's not an elite prospect, but he's certainly someone that could grow into an elite player at either tackle spot.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. Night Channels

Trusted

I wish Breece Hall was part of this draft class. Easily RB1 next year.

19. I'm probably dumb for saying this, but I think Michael Carter will have a better NFL career than Javonte Williams. I think Williams deserves ACC POY right now, but I like Carter in the league.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Same

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Right!? Its hard to tell sometimes lol. I think he is. Hes around Trey Lance for me

22. The updates on the Draft Network mock machine are kinda crazy lol

Just did one and got some weird trade offers. Ended up with 2 firsts and 2 seconds, but no 3rd, 4th, or 6th rounder.

12. Zach Wilson
    21. Samuel Cosmi
    46. Daniel Faalele
    53. Brevin Jordan
    153. Keith Taylor
    231. Jeremiah Moon

I don't know those last two picks very well but the first 4 are jizz worthy.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, gimme that shit

24. Randall Mentzos

i just wanted to come back to this discussion and say Fields / Pitts would be A+++ for me

holy fuck I love Pitts

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The more I watch the more I think Pitts might be a top five prospect in the draft. Hes insane

whitenblue88 likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.