Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 27

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

But what if you have two WRs already and your safety is the worlds biggest and only remaining fan of red jumpsuit apparatus

2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That is 100% the best player description i've ever read.

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

LOL

4. Night Channels

Trusted

One of them can only play outside and the other is essentially a running back disguised as a receiver.

If you want Lawrence to develop into a star, you need to get him as much help as possible.

Chark
    Shenault
    Toney
    Robinson

Urban Meyer loves the inside receiver.

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I shouldnt even talk shit cause I liked him coming out, loved that we took him, and like what I've seen so far.

6. Randall Mentzos

eh. We will be fine without Toney. Our defense will suffer without an upgrade at safety though

7. Night Channels

Trusted

I will dismiss all Wingard hate speech

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Think Bateman could fall maybe??

9. Night Channels

Trusted

10. Randall Mentzos

Like Toney is awesome but he’s also very niche. Meanwhile Moehrig can do whatever you’d ask any safety to do. That really counts for a lot imo.

would I take a pure free safety over Toney, probably not. Would I take Moehrig over a more complete receiver, probably not. But in this case I think Moehrig actually adds more value to the team.

Toney would be fun but our defense needs MUCH more work than our offense. I also prefer Reshod Bateman but he may not fall / may not be preferred by Meyer

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's an easy target but i am really a fan. My favorite Jaguars moment all year was when the announcers showed their whole ass TWICE.

"Andrew Wingard is in at safety now so you know Rivers is going to pick on the weak link there"
    *immediately picks off Rivers*

"Wingard picked off Rivers last time so you know he's gonna be more careful around him now."
    *immediately picks off Rivers*

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

13. Night Channels

Trusted

If you put Moehrig in the box, he's a liability. He is a true free safety.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Night Channels

Trusted

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Toney is definitelty more of an Urban guy that Bateman

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

17. Night Channels

Trusted

18. Randall Mentzos

Nahhh I prefer Bateman for sure especially since he has exactly what Viska and Chark lack

He may run a very simple route tree but his skill within that framework really stands out

19. Night Channels

Trusted

Yeah, people liked Tyler Johnson too

I'm taking the weapon, especially after watching Tyreek Hill and Curtis Samuel the past few years.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I just want to know what compensation Stafford is bringing in so I can begin to try and talk myself into Lance or Wilson

21. Randall Mentzos

And also, regarding Bateman’s limited route tree... I don’t think Toney’s the kinda guy you wanna send downfield so that issue exists for him too.

at least with Bateman, if you coach him the routes, he has all the separation skills and very physical hands to beat the man across from him on those routes.

22. Night Channels

Trusted

Zach Wilson is my son and you cannot have him

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  23. Randall Mentzos

It’s too early to say you DON’T like Tyler Johnson. He has made some crucial catches. This is his rookie year and he’s on a team with literally Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin. Of course he’s WR4 and hasn’t gotten very involved.

Bateman is clearly better and more athletic than Johnson. I thought so when I watched Tyler Johnson tape last year and I think so still now.

Toney and Hill are not even close to the same. Hill was used as a downfield threat his whole college career. He is the exception not the rule. I agree he’s more like Curtis Samuel though.

24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I don’t like the idea of being the first to take a safety in this class. Safety is one of those positions like inside backer, inside OL, or running back that you can develop a day 2 or early day 3 pick into a solid starter and there’s no one who is such a step ahead in that safety class that they’re a must get on day 1

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Joe4th likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.