Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 26

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I wouldn’t hate taking a DE. More pass rush makes a bad defense randomly perform better. Allen’s great and Chaisson had a strong finish but another rotational guy would be awesome, especially if Chaisson might take snaps at SAM LB where he’s also capable

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'd much rather take a full time LB than a part time DE. Unless a freakishly good prospect falls to us that'd be a terrible move for us considering our best safety is gonna have to go back to playing bass in Three Days Grace once things open up again

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos Jan 21, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2021)
    Randall Mentzos

i guess. I think we already have our full time LBs in Jack and Schobert. I don’t value the SAM LB position as much as a rotational DE, especially since I love the idea of putting a hybrid pass rusher there.

I would also argue the SAM LB is on the field even less than your third DE, because of sub packages / trying to stop the pass in the modern NFL. Often in games, you’re wearing your main pass rushers out while the other team is in hurry up offense, and end up having to send depth guys out in the nickel to prevent late scoring drives. I feel like the game flow is like that; equally as often, as teams coming out in 7-8 man boxes to shut down the run.

that said, S or CB is a bigger need absolutely. CJ Henderson hasn’t shown he can be CB1 yet and we have NOTHING in our secondary aside from him

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

@CarpetElf my other concern is, we play in Derrick Henry / Jonathan Taylor’s division and neither Allen nor Chaisson are stout run defenders. They have flashes but we really do need a big end to set the edge against stretch and off-tackle runs.

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Eh, it depends on the scheme.

Yeah, cause of that there's just no way I'd be into a luxury pick that early unless it's huge value.

Yeah, this is true.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, I think the giants supposedly love Pitts but maybe that’s just a thing so the cowboys take him lol

7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Credit where it's due to Saban too. That's a trick play essentially. There was no miscommunication towards the sideline, it's designed to get Stingley flat footed or out of his stance while they know Smith can burn him. Perfect throw and execution by Tua on that. He claps for the snap before he even has his head turned all the way around, it's a nice all around.

preppyak and CarpetElf like this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s gotta be some dumb teams in the top picks telling draft analysts they prefer slater, they can’t be thatttt dumb to think he’s actually better than sewell

9. Night Channels

Trusted

Slater is a guard

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe all tackles are actually guards

[​IMG]

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

No but Slater is actually a guard but he'll be good.

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, jenkins > slater

13. Randall Mentzos

this reminds me of my “Brandon Scherff is a tackle” crusade lmao

woops

uuu and PeacefulOrca like this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

If the bengals have a choice of both and take slater, that’s how you know they’re still the bungles

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They 100 percent wouldnt unless both Jonah and Hart grow multiple arms in the next two months

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That version of bob hart would still stink at football

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. Just did a mock in the scenario of Panthers getting Watson.

I traded 2021 1st/4th, 2022 1st/5th, 2023 1st/6th
    for
    2021 6th, 2022 5th, 2023 4th

(I know other teams can offer more but with the NTC that may not matter as much)

[​IMG]

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

lol3.PNG

Traded 25, 33, 2022 1st and 3rd for 3
    Traded 3 and 46 for 4, 36, and 68

let's fucking go

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I can't say I'd be happy trading that far back, but getting the JAX 1st in 2022 is very valuable. That could be another top 10 pick.

IF that trade were to happen, I would try to package 18 and 25 to move up into the top 10 and get whichever WR is left

we'd also then have 33, 36, and 50

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

22. Randall Mentzos

I’ll answer that for you, Moehrig

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Night Channels

Trusted

24. Randall Mentzos

I disagree that a slot WR is more important than a safety who can play both box and single high

it’s not just about position. Even by position value drastically changes depending on that player’s role. Safeties like Moehrig are not easy to find.

25. Night Channels

Trusted

A wide receiver is far more valuable than a safety, especially when you're about to draft a quarterback #1 overall.

CarpetElf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.