Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 19

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

In hindsight, Kelce and Kittle are 100 percent top five picks. And shit, Pitts may end up a top five player. But tight end is so hard to project and people miss on "surefire" guys all the time. Hock was justifiable. Fant too. Pitts can go in the range of Fant and I think thats fine. But top five? To WHO!?

Also yes, Pitts to New England is laziness at worst or a meme at best

2. Night Channels

Trusted

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I agree that he’s definitely not top 5 but I do think he’s an athletic freak

dude has great agility and balance for being nearly 6’7” and the guy has ups too. He’ll be a matchup nightmare because of his rare combo of burst and catch radius. I feel like he has a lot of young Jimmy Graham in his game.

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

he is not an athletic freak IMO

he is going to run like a 4.65

5. Randall Mentzos

40 times don’t matter that much for TE. It’s more important that they can elude LBs and safeties in tight quarters, and come down with the ball in traffic with last second maneuvering. He’s outstanding at that.

6. Randall Mentzos

Pitts doesn’t block nearly as well as Kittle, Fant and Hock. That’s the main thing that holds me back from thinking he’s worth drafting in the top 15

but as a receiving TE Pitts has top notch skills to compete for the ball at the catch point, and to shift gears and slip out of coverage right when the ball is about to be thrown.

7. Night Channels

Trusted

Pitts is a big receiver that will be a problem in the slot.

He is not an in-line tight end and he is not a Top 5 pick.

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Eh. I think he could be taught to run block. He’s not frail and he’s not scared to try and get his hands dirty he just lacks technique. With that length I think he could learn.

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

so he is less athletic Mike Gesicki

10. Randall Mentzos

Lmao..... no. Not at all. Pitts >>>>>>>> Gesicki

Texas Flood likes this.
  11. Randall Mentzos

I’m just saying

1) a TE sucking at run blocking in college and becoming good at it in the NFL is not unheard of, it happens regularly

2) most really good TE don’t run exceptional 40 times

he’s not a top 15 complete player but credit where it’s due. It’s rare that a TE his size is this much of a receiving threat.

12. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I think Pitts is a fantastic fit for both the Jets and the Jags. Get your QB with the first pick and get a weapon with the second and giddy up.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  13. Night Channels

Trusted

If he doesn't know how to run block by now, he's not getting it. He is a finesse player.

You'd also be wasting his skillset using him as a blocker.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Which interior ol does Randall think can play tackle this year? Heh

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

Traded down with SF. Unintentionally went heavy offense. Sign me up.

16. CarpetElf Jan 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2021)
    CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Eh, Pitts would be average to below average 40 time among the really good TEs

17. Randall Mentzos

most offenses don’t use their TE as a vertical threat. Do we not agree Pitts has great burst and agility? Why are we hung up on 40 time haha

18. Night Channels

Trusted

Like I said a few weeks ago, Pitts could run a 4.4 flat at the NFL Combine and he is still not worth a Top 5 pick. I wouldn't even take him in the Top 10.

It's not a premium position.

19. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

i feel like this is gonna be a weird Randall/Elf argument where everyone agrees he's not a top 5 pick but we need to argue semantics for 10 pages anyway haha

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't buy the premium position argument. If Pitts has 4.4 speed then yeah absolutely worth drafting 10th, how is that even a question. Someone else is gonna take him and he'll be a pain in the ass for you to face and that project corner you took because its a premium position is gonna get burned.

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah just gonna go ahead and delete that haha

22. Randall Mentzos Jan 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2021)
    Randall Mentzos

I just really dont see what’s controversial about what I’m saying haha. I really don’t think 40 time is a huge consideration for most tight ends. The main thing is just, don’t run a slow one. But unless you’re using your TE like Kelce / Greg Olsen you really don’t need long speed as much as you need the ability to separate in small spaces and fight for the ball. There are multiple ways to use tight ends and not all receiving TE are specifically vertical threats.

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

push all the QBs up the board

love 2 see it

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Which team in the top 5 is even taking Pitts lol

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.