Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 CHORUS MOCK DRAFT V3: TOKYO DRIFT [Archived] • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I was torn between Parsons or Surtain, never even thought about QB.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Goff is under contract until 2024 and while that doesn't mean much, them restructuring his contract to where its 30m dead cap next year does.

3. I think they had plenty of suitors that didn’t involve taking on that deal and still included good picks. They have to at least believe in Goff a little bit to take that contract.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Who is up!?

5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Rams paid them a beautiful sum though. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was by far the biggest offer they received, to the point they were like “fuck it we have the cap space we’ll take a flier on Goff”

6. Randall Mentzos

I don’t even like Goff but if I’m Detroit, hitting a dead end with my unhappy franchise QB... and I had the chance to jump start my rebuild with a haul of picks AND still have a placeholder at QB I’d leap at it. They probably had no interest in Goff unless it came with those draft picks also.

7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

8. Randall Mentzos

Detroit can easily make Goff the fall guy while they put their team back together, and use that to justify getting out of his contract ASAP... meanwhile, they could have Lance on the bench learning with no pressure, while they fill the roster with those extra picks.

Goff very easily could be nothing but a bridge for them.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They probably didn't go in looking for Goff, sure, but they left with him, which is why they aren't taking a QB this year haha

10. Randall Mentzos

My whole take is why it still makes sense to draft a QB even though they left with Goff haha. It virtually doesn’t cost them any extra, it gives them a better long-term plan, and it allows them to smell clean regardless if Goff does well or bombs.

it’s not like I’m suggesting they’ll SIGN another QB haha

11. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I mean it costs them #7.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yes and your take is incorrect haha.

13. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Well it's not INCORRECT but it's much less obvious than he's presenting it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Randall Mentzos

It’s a good use of pick 7. I wouldn’t wanna RELY on Jared Goff. I would wanna give him a year as a starter and see how he does, but it doesn’t hurt anything to have a rookie wating in the wings. To me that’s a great contingency plan for Goff potentially being bad and not wanting to be stuck with him. Lance’s best chance to develop is sitting behind a vet while the team builds a better roster.

15. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

The Lions just inherited a starting QB with money left. If he plays well for them and they picked Trey Lance at 7, idk what you do if you're Detroit there.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

If they pick a QB at 7 and don't get that team around Goff better they will be picking #1 next year and then they own pick #1 and two QB's already lmao

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

Then they can trade Lance? I mean, at that point he hasn’t even played bad to reduce his value, and teams have shown in the past they will pay for a chance at a young, highly scouted QB even if he’s untested.

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's a legitimately bad use of the pick. You trade for Goff, you restructure his contract to where you're stuck with him for two years, and you take a QB at pick seven who legit might not even be as good as Goff?

19. Randall Mentzos

Also nothing wrong with having a capable backup QB on a rookie contract

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don’t think there’s going to be a QB they like at 7. Unless they fall in love with Fields/Lance, they aren’t trading up to get them. Wilson would be the only one I’d be okay with trading up for, but that isn’t going to happen. They’ll run it out with Goff. He’s serviceable. They’re rebuilding. There’s no need to rush and grab a QB you don’t love right now.

uuu likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Dolphins should take Justin Fields by Randall's logic

22. Randall Mentzos

I wasn’t suggesting the Lions trade up, just that Lance is a very real option if he falls in their lap at 7

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

there is if you have a bunch of holes and instead choose to spend a top ten pick on one

uuu likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He is not.

25. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

You're now losing me. You're telling me if the Lions end up with pick 1, two remaining years of Goff under contract, and 7th overall pick Trey Lance on the roster that's not an absolute nightmare scenario?

CarpetElf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.