Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021 Albums • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Agree with Turnstile and Silk Sonic

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Nice to see The Armed showing up on these lists

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

6. Craig Manning

grimis16 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

bachna84 and Craig Manning like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve only heard one of those albums.

Publications so often be into trying to hype a newer band or bands/artists that only a have a few releases I’m under their belts. I hope bands like Thrice and Manchester Orchestra get some recognition too as veteran musical acts. I’m not taking anything away from any of those releases since I haven’t heard almost all of them. Just hope familiarity doesn’t lead to being overlooked

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

listen to more new music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

mattav152 likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

12. fieryaleeco

I was just wondering how you all catalogue what albums you have listened to in a given year. Are there any apps that can do this, or is it just mainly adding them to a text note or checklist.
    I'm sure for some that don't use streaming it could be whatever CDs/vinyls you buy or play from your collection.
    I download any albums that I like on Apple Music so that they go into their own section in my library which I can use to find what I want to listen to. This is good for cataloguing my collection, but doesn't really help track what I am listening to.

DarknessInRed likes this.
  13. DarknessInRed

Regular

I add what albums I’m interested in checking out in one note in my notes app. I add every album I’ve heard on here (any I haven’t added yet are in my notes). On Spotify, I have a playlist with every album I’ve heard. That’s how I keep track for when I’m ready to make my list! I used to have a PowerPoint that I made (I thought it was fun) with the albums I listened to, but my jobs both got too busy for me to keep up with it

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

www.rateyourmusic.com has been my go to for 20 years now.

15. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Clairo and Rostam are my top 2 of the year, I absolutely love both those records and am pretty shocked to see 4Runner be the only thing from either getting some eoy appreciation.

Otherwise this wasn’t the biggest year for me with new stuff. I liked This House is Burning a lot but never really went back to it. The Weezer records are fun but silly. The two albums I was most looking forward to - Snail Mail and Bleachers - are both good but a little disappointing for me in comparison to the albums they’re following up.

Big year for me with 2020 releases I missed, though. Didn’t listen to any of the Waxahatchee, Adrianne solo, Slow Pulp and Bartees Strange albums until December/January and those all wound up being some of my most played and loved of the last 11.5 months. Will be funny if that happens again with stuff I’m late to the party on right now.

2020 I think will go down as one of the strongest years, at least for my tastes, of the last 5-10.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

More power to you, but I know a lot of people hated that Clairo album, including myself. So that probably explains it haha

17. grimis16

Regular

Clairo is easily in my most disappointing. Tried listening to it multiple times. After 5 spins and not enjoying a single song, I retired it.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. irthesteve

I wasn't huge on her in the first place, but after two listens I knew it wasn't for me at all

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i like it a lot though it probably won’t be in my top 25

20. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I can easily understand why people who loved her debut were let down but (and maybe it’s because I’m indifferent there) I think the songs and textures are both awesome. Admittedly drags a bit in the second half but I keep going back to the whole thing.

also just realized this is prob the wrong thread, o well

21. irthesteve

this thread is a bit more chatty

https://forum.chorus.fm/threads/chorus-fm-members-eoty-lists-2021.60227

Surfwax likes this.
  22. phaynes12

made a playlist with my favorite song from each of my top 50 albums, honorable mentions, and favorite EP

bachna84 and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  23. phaynes12

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Fuck yeah, Sleepyhead is my favorite song off that Camp Trash EP.

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. phaynes12

it's so good lol