Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021-2022 NHL Season Hockey • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jul 9, 2021.

1. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

This team shouldn't exist.

Contender and Jim like this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think one of the most confusing things coming out of this was essentially the anonymous 2010 player saying everyone on the team knew about it, Sopel agreeing, and even Carbomb saying he heard of it on the Flyers at the time during the Cup final. Then Toews, who was the captain then as well and who should know everything going on, refuted that in the Lazerus interview and said he didn’t know at the time.

Which leads me to very darkly think Toews may be doing work for the organization here if he’s lying, which would be horrendous.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

[​IMG]

my goal for this thread

5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

New thread, Habs still suck.

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Poor flyers

MysteryKnight and jorbjorb like this.
  7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I feel worse for the Panthers. No series wins in the last 25 years, and the one year they finally have a team that can do it, they draw the Lightning first round

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Flyers management need to get their shit together. Should have figured out how to make Richards and Carter quit the nose candy instead of shipping them off. That aside, what they got out of the deal was fantastic and they've squandered so much talent. It's hard to respect the organization on top of the Comcast relationship.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hopefully Lappy puts together some winning seasons for the Phantoms and can get a head coaching job with the flyers. Love him so much.

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Was wondering if the new schedule was out yet, but nope…

decided to look at the Ducks schedule outcome last year, and… yikes. They only had 4 instances of back to back wins. Never more than 2 wins in a row. Not good!

11. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Seattle's preseason schedule is up

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Going through some old regular season schedules they usually drop around 2 weeks after the finals end. I need to know when the Ducks are in Seattle so I can start planning my trip.

jorbjorb and marsupial jones like this.
  13. marsupial jones

Questioning if I should try and get tickets to the first preseason game and home opener or just the home opener. Hmm.

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

This had a lot to do with the Ducks not being any good

Brent likes this.
  15. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Sounds like LAK is out because they won't move Byfield, which I believe is also the case with ANA and Zegras. NYR is almost certainly out because the price for them to do it is going to include the in-conference premium.

So that leaves VGK, MIN and a mystery team because there's always a mystery team.
    Excuse me, that's the Buffalo Jaybres for at least two more weeks

Richter915 likes this.
  16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

You shouldn’t since they paid Bob 10 million to be a shell of his former self.

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting I was seeing/hearing that lak are front runners. Nyr are hopefully out but I don't have a read on how the new front office works.

I said it before but as per friedge it all comes down to whichever team is willing to let eichel get that surgery and really just have autonomy over his own body. This is a similar thing to why tarasenko wants out of STL

18. marsupial jones

Looking through current players and yearly stats and I never really realized how impressive it is for someone to score 30+ goals in a season. Only like 80 current players have done it and handful have only done it once and that may have been years and years ago.

also holy fuck I never knew how great Stamkos was/is. One 60+ goal season, one 50+ goal season, three 40+ goal seasons and one 30+ goal season.

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Umm, what

21. MexicanGuitars

Is it Canadian April Fools Day?

jkauf and jorbjorb like this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

No network wanted him so he gets a cushy position on a team, that is the most nhl thing ever lol

MysteryKnight and MexicanGuitars like this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

24. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Yeah I think the only real difference between Tarasenko and Eichel is that, if The Athletic's report is correct, is that Tarasenko has no reason at all trust the Blues medical team anymore.

If I had two shoulder surgeries done by that team and then went to my own doctor for a third and that doctor was like "LOL bro they didn't fix this at all we gotta do it again" I would be extremely, extremely upset.

As far as Eichel this is the initial injury and it seems that he's dead set to get this discectomy surgery done which, to my understanding, has never been done with an active pro athlete before? And is something that generally surgeons try to avoid with younger people anyway because of the potential complications? I could be wrong but I think I read that stuff when this saga began.

Richter915 likes this.
  25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

in regards to Tarasenko, there's been a lot of local reports too that its much deeper than being upset about the shoulder. From things that he's still upset about the ROR captaincy, his usage on the PP when he came back this year, and I guess he just doesn't get along with "the core guys" any more.

Richter915 likes this.