Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2021-2022 NCAA Football Season Thread • Page 162

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by stars143, May 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. dorfmac Jul 9, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2022)
    dorfmac

Trusted

I definitely hate FSU more. Closest I’ve ever been to getting into a fight at a game was at Doak when I bought tix off Craigslist and they happened to be in the FSU alumni section. It was the Tebow rain game and it was awesome.

also, one of my former students and now colleague played for Georgia, so I have a soft spot.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Grew up in Tallahassee. Was an LSU game. Am a Georgia student. Florida can eat sand.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Is Nico Iamaleava really forgoing his senior football season per his NIL contract?

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Shower thought.

Nebraska leaving for the big10 all those years ago was genius. Idk if at this point would Nebraska be as coveted in this expansion world? I know the school is huge and Omaha isn't nothing, but they've been so crappy for almost 20 years now. That was some savy foresight from Nebraska

CarpetElf and whitenblue88 like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

And then there was Colorado :)

Texas Flood likes this.
  6. Silentjury

Regular

I began following college football more closely last year and intend to follow just as much this year. One thing I lacked last year was some podcasts to help me stay in touch with the events of the season--does anyone have recommendations? I'm a Minnesota fan but would appreciate any podcasts that cover the NCAA from a big picture point of view. I have been listening to Split Zone Duo and Solid Verbal and enjoy them quite a bit. I saw a lot of mentions of Shutdown Fullcast and did not find it all to be new-listener friendly; it felt like I was walking into a long-running conversation with a bunch of inside jokes.

Thanks!

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. dorfmac

Trusted

no, they are worthless now. Obv they have a rich history, but it’s almost three decades old at this point, not in a big market, no national cache. If they weren’t already in, I don’t think anyone would be trying to get them.

bigmike and domotime2 like this.
  8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

this is correct

this is also what I expect my kids’ perception of Oklahoma to be when they eventually care about college football

domotime2 and CarpetElf like this.
  9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

and the point of this is basically:

is it better to be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond? Idk — Big 12 Nebraska might be the perennial 8-11 win team like Oklahoma St or Baylor when Texas was an inevitable disappointment and their brand might be better than it is now, but also they might have just been destined to suck and they made the jump at the absolute right time

domotime2 likes this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Very sad story about the Oregon TE.

11. dallasc

Trusted

Yeah really tough to hear about Spencer,
    Seemed like a dude everyone in the orbit of the program loved seeing posts from Sabrina Ionescu & Herbert along with all his teammates obviously.
    Won’t forget his catch in the end zone against auburn at Jerry world, he had a ton of potential rip

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I know this is what you want your coach to say, but read the room lmao

domotime2 and CarpetElf like this.
  14. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Is that bad?

15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yo we ain’t winning a game

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. Night Channels

Trusted

“I tried to publicly embarrass a player and it completely blew up in my face.”

bigmike and dorfmac like this.
  18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.