Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NFL Season 2020 Football • Page 44

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. socklord

Trusted

I love the video floating around of Williams and Mostert conversing in the tunnel after the game and Bosa just walks through with the towel still covering his head/face

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Hope the 49ers are smart and move on from Jimmy G

3. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

aliens exist and CarpetElf like this.
  4. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  5. Chris289

Regular

I love people saying Tom should take the 30 million then NE should surround him with weapons for one last run. It's like the salary cap doesn't exist or something.

6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Also Brady has weapons for one last run

Joe4th likes this.
  7. socklord

Trusted

Disagree completely. I think he played mostly well, but Shanahan let him down.

Although, I will say that I think Jimmy G is a good, but definitely not great, QB

FTank and GrantCloud like this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

If you're SF you have to keep Jimmy G and also start taking shots at other QBs for sure

FTank and GrantCloud like this.
  9. socklord

Trusted

Well, I don't think 2020 is really the year to take a legit shot on another QB, unless they can sign, like, Teddy or Mariota as a backup in FA, but I think the discussion is absolutely worth having in 2021 or beyond, especially because I expect the Niners to regress in 2020. Next season should be a very telling season for the Jimmy G, Kyle Shanahan, and the Niners. It's also worth mentioning that they're going to need to make some decisions on some contracts for key players in the coming years

10. Fucking Dustin

I mean like, taking shots in the draft. Maybe use a 4th or a 5th on a QB and see what you have in him in training camp/preseason, let Jimmy G play the year, consider what you wanna do next. If the QB sucks draft another one a bit higher the next year or the year after. Just consider yourself "in the market" draft-wise and accept that he is not your franchise guy, I don't mean signing a full replacement in free agency or anything like that.

Joe4th and socklord like this.
  11. socklord

Trusted

Oh, well in that case definitely. My b for misunderstanding.

I do think the takes I'm seeing floated around and hearing about that are like "He's not the answer, move on" are ridiculous considering this was his first full season as a starter. He helped lead the team to a super bowl with a pretty good season and played well in the super bowl until the fourth quarter. The Niners would be fools to pull the plug so soon as there are fans and analysts alike already looking for the quickest way to get out of his contract. The takes are so reactionary.

But the Niners definitely should draft/bring in younger QBs to develop behind Jimmy G. I think most teams should be doing that, but not many do.

FTank, Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

It was his first full season as a starter, but the eye test is definitely bad for Jimmy G especially considering how much cap he does take up and how many years he's had in the league. I feel like you have to recognize him as a stopgap but also can't just cut bait with him, I guess.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Shanahan let him down how? He put the game in his hands and he failed multiple times.

14. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Jimmy had the situation literally every single quarterback dreams of. Down 4 with 3 minutes to go in the Super Bowl. And he just blew it. It's really not more nuanced than that to me. Sure you can change things around from the first half and what if this and what if that, but at the end of the day you were in a great situation and your QB let you down.

15. Fucking Dustin

Shanahan blew the lead by not sustaining drives and Jimmy blew the comeback, I'm standing by that

No one is blameless except George Kittle and I guess some others who are blameless

DrAlanGrant, Owlex, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  16. socklord

Trusted

We must have watched two different games then, because Shanahan completely blundered his team's last possession before the half. It was embarrassing. Dude coached like a coward.

17. EntryLevelTank

Outside of being a MAGA douche, Nick Bosa is pretty blameless to me too. Dude was a force all game. It was their other defensive end who had a sudden fear of setting the edge lol

Joe4th, Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

And what about every drive prior and after?

19. Fucking Dustin

Yeah Bosa played lights out for sure, the defense as a whole did considering who they were playing against. Mistakes were bound to happen there but I think they did a good job of minimizing them against a lethal offense

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Both Jimmy and Shanahan blew it. Coaching was conservative at some points and needlessly aggressive at others. Still though, if Jimmy was better then they would’ve converted a few of those third downs and it wouldn’t matter how badly coached they were.

Max_123 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  21. EntryLevelTank

Sherman was a let down to me too. Dude got beat pretty bad on a big play.

22. Fucking Dustin

For what it's worth I would still kill to have Shanahan coach my team, he can blow whatever lead he wants to it can't possibly be as bad as the leads BOB blew

GrantCloud, Owlex, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  23. socklord

Trusted

I thought he coached well prior to that decision. Dude was comfortable going into the half at 10-10 against Mahomes and the Chiefs. Kyle was conservative on 4th downs too while Andy wasn't. Not every drive is created equal. In high leverage moments, Kyle coached conservatively and let his team down. Jimmy G folded in the 4th quarter in the face of pressure, but the blame isn't solely on him in this game.

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Saleh is a name that isnt coming up enough when pointing fingers.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

He's just a guy

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.