2020 NFL Draft • Page 44

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Jul 14, 2019.

1. GreatBeardRecs

IcedOpethBlind Prestigious

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

where can I sign for this?

5. QB Tua Tagovailoa
    18. EDGE A.J. Epenesa
    26. OT Josh Jones
    39. RB D'Andre Swift
    56. S Antoine Winfield Jr.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

These dingoes at The Draft Network need to stop mocking Love to the Colts

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Mega Guillotine we're voting for you Prestigious

Love to the Colts is fine, Love to the Colts at pick 13 is atrocious and cruel

CarpetElf and whitenblue88 like this.

5. Panthers move up for Tua and Phins settle for Love. Thanks.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

good luck beating out any trade offer from the Dolphins

7. Randall Mentzos

Sign Yannick Ngakoue Prestigious

This would honestly be elite haha that’s an absurd amount of day one starting caliber talent for a team that really needs it

xbrokendownx and CarpetElf like this.
  9. EntryLevelDave

"I Would Do Anything For Love" Slaps. Supporter

Nope lol

10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

[​IMG]

Zach likes this.
  11. Zach

Trusted

Poor brokendown lol

Draft picks are a pathway to many choices that some consider to be unnatural

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. Can’t wait for it to happen

Texas Flood likes this.
  13. Zach

Trusted

I don’t hate it but I’m sure broken would prefer Tua

14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I forgot that they moved the combine stuff to primetime

15. EntryLevelDave

"I Would Do Anything For Love" Slaps. Supporter

I think they’re just leaking that so someone doesn’t think they’re willing to trade up a bunch for Tua.

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yea, forgot the combine sucks now and I don't have NFL network anyway

17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I’d say it’s smokescreen szn but it’s always smokescreen szn

CarpetElf and Zach like this.
  18. “Tank for Tua” was a giant smokescreen so they could get Herbert

Texas Flood likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

bowling Prestigious

Trying to get Carolina to jump LAC so they can use what Carolina gives them to jump Carolina and take Tua.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  20. Randall Mentzos

Me and Matt watching the Senior Bowl.

I literally paused it around 3:30 in the third quarter and said to matt Bradley Anae has won multiple times because he has terrific hands (hand combat) and that he seems to be the one finishing even though Josh Uche was getting there first.

I pressed play and they immediately did a breakdown of Bradley Anae and I’m pretty sure he said “terrific hands” and “great finisher” verbatim as the only two descriptive terms.

I do this all the time lol hire me to be an announcer.

22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

lmao he does not want to go there whatsoever

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  23. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

People probably see a hometown link with him and the bengals, but honestly where I think he’s from is probably about as close to Cinci as it is Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos Feb 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2020)
    Randall Mentzos

So. I watched a bunch of tape on the potential first round tackles, particularly Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills and Andrew Thomas. and idk? I feel like it’s pretty blatantly obvious Thomas is the best. Can someone please explain to me how Thomas isn’t the top tackle in a lot of mock drafts lately? People have him falling to the teens and shit and being the 3rd tackle selected and I just don’t get it.

Thomas has elite agility and footwork, very good length, and he’s strong / stout enough to not be dismissed as a “finesse player” - he can dig his feet in the ground and be an anchor against defensive tackles if necessary. His punch timing is good too.

Thomas and Wills are the only tackles I’ve watched who consistently squat at the correct angle to get leverage, and who correctly set up their hands with good footwork on a regular basis. As opposed to, the common flaw of reaching & lunging at defenders due to poor footwork / a high center of gravity. Wills is even more of a technician than Thomas, but MUCH less athletic.

As a pass blocker he’s phenomenal. Especially against speed rush, his kickslide is elite, which is huge in a league where pass rushers are running 4.5-4.6. I only saw him make one mistake the whole game vs Chaisson on LSU. He ALSO dealt with Rashard Lawrence’s power on some “stunt” playcalls, and Lawrence never got past him. The pass blocking is like, “top 5 pick” good.

My only knock on Thomas is he’s much better for a zone running scheme than a power/gap scheme - he is a very quick & smart move blocker but he isn’t a road grader who can move bodies in a phone booth. That’s the only thing Wirfs does better than Thomas. The NFL is gonna want him to get even stronger than he is (which is a natural rite of passage for rookie OL). But if scouts think he can bulk up more I don’t see how he isn’t at least a top 7 player in this draft.

I also like Josh Jones a LOT and am leaning towards having a higher grade on him than Wirfs. Which seems very controversial to the consensus. Only reason I’m hesitant is cause he played against worse competition, but his tape against better teams is still very good.

Wirfs tape is mostly good but he got absolutely destroyed by Josh Uche this year and Montez Sweat last year. The Michigan tape especially is concerning cause the other DE clearly beat him a couple times too. (Granted, I also am very high on both Montez Sweat and Josh Uche, wasn’t exactly surprised to see them go off vs Iowa)

Texas Flood and xbrokendownx like this.
  25. Night Channels

ADAMS 2020

Becton is the most impressive tackle on tape

Wirfs is Andrus Peat and needs to move to guard