Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 MLB Season Baseball • Page 813

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What

DaydreamNation likes this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

DaydreamNation and oncenowagain like this.
  3. Brent likes this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

A 31 year old 4+ ERA guy for one year at $8,000,000? Yeah, not excited for that.

DaydreamNation and stvvvn like this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm pumped about the Mets not getting springer. That's not the guy I wanna throw a giant contract at. I think he's solid and obviously a good player, but lindor and pitching gets me more excited

6. Sean Murphy Jan 20, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2021)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, lotta Mets fans popping off with "I THOUGHT HE WAS OUR #1 TARGET", yeah that was far before Lindor, which NOBODY thought would happen or even dreamt of. Priorities shift. Springer at 25mil a season means you're gonna have a tough time in the next 2-3 years with Conforto, Syndergaard, Alonso, mcNeil, and what if Jake opts out and wants a better deal?

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the Mets cannot lose out on Brad Hand if they are truly in the mix for him. not after losing Springer.

8. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

9. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Jays have a low payroll and a lot of young talent with a deep farm system. They got lots of money to spend, look out.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

11. domotime2

Mets fans are ridiculous and short sighted if they don't see that. Offense isn't our issue and we just added lindor!

Now I would like brad hand

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its funny because if they signed springer and had rosario at SS to start the seasin everyone would be peachy but now having lindor, the idea of a less than spectacular bat in JBJ taking CF makes mets fans squirm. Rosario was the closest thing to an automatic out unless he got hit by a pitch. They were able to make the best possible upgrade they could.

domotime2 likes this.
  13. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lolwut

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

I want all of these reporters’ heads for pulling a stunt like that

17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

pretty rare for Ken to be wrong. can’t remember the last time

19. domotime2

Yup they legit upgraded their weakest offensive position by a billion. I'm not sure if conforto is the future but ill play it out this year and reevaluate next season

20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

He gets the benefit of the doubt. He admits when he's wrong. He clearly wasn't the only one

Zoshchenko likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I love Yankee twitter

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

From what I heard today on their show, Jeff Passan went on the Michael Kay Show yesterday and threw shade at his (Craig Carton's) afternoon radio show in NY where he was critical of the way ESPN/Passan/Kimes seemed to handle bringing the story out. He (Carton) said from his perspective, it seemed more that ESPN wanted to dig the story up and run it now for their benefit, rather than for the sole purpose of doing the victim any justice, seeing as ESPN and some reporters had the story and knew about this for 5 years now, and I suppose he doesn't believe that Passan knew nothing about this until Monday evening, and saying basically that everyone at ESPN who knew about this and kept it quiet while allowing Porter to continue to ascend the MLB ranks not only did a disservce to the victim but put countless other women who worked with and for him during those times in danger. Basically, if you want to protect the victims privacy thats one thing, but something should have been said to someone that jared porter should stop getting interviews.

24. DooDooBird

Trusted

He was a heck of an analyst. Man, I miss the TBS days so much. It wasn’t until later on when I learned about how distinguished of a career Sutton actually had. Didn’t really put up dominating strikeout stats or win any awards, but his longevity and consistency was absolutely insane. To be a good pitcher for as long as he did was special.

25. domotime2

Yo Mets got Luchessi??? Thats a silent but lovely move. Thats a super awesome upside pickup

Forget the money, mets been making smart trades this year

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.