Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 MLB Season Baseball • Page 376

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MAY?! If that was in the first article I missed it. Unless something changes massively, that would be wildly irresponsible

Colby Searcy likes this.
    Brent, RJ Knorr and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. This whole idea is colossally stupid and irresponsible - it won’t be quality baseball and even worse it’s taking away health resources from the general public

Brent, Colby Searcy and Joe4th like this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

MLB is desperate to get eyes on the product and be the only sports on TV and it's completely irresponsible and will flop badly. There's no reason to move ahead with this, and it's pretty gross.

Ken likes this.
  5. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I wonder how Carlos Carrasco and Trey Mancini feel about this

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Can't wait to hear how enthusiastic Stephan A is about it coming back just to hear him say how dumb it was a week later.

7. momo32t

Trusted

This would be a logistical nightmare. They said they wouldn't launch this until tests were more wildly available. I can understand the need to save the season but any kind of flop or false start would risk cancelling the season all together.

8. momo32t

Trusted

[​IMG]

9. DaydreamNation Apr 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2020)
    That's a "oh we should put out a statement" statement with no content whatsoever haha

Zoshchenko and momo32t like this.
  10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Just cancel the damn season

Brent likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca likes this.
  13. Cards-Dodgers series was supposed to be this wk and I was gonna go to at least two games with a good friend who's a Cards fan and a good friend who's a Dodgers fan. Instead one of them is doing an MLB The Show sim and streaming it on twitch and we're watching...closest we're gonna get for awhile haha.

Flaherty and Buehler both dealing btw

Attached Files:

14. DooDooBird

Trusted

I had a dream Jeff Francoeur got into the HOF (in his first year of eligibility too) and no one else was in disbelief and outraged about it. It was legit one of the most fucked up dreams I’ve had in recent memory.

shea and Colby Searcy like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Rangers legend

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Astros minor league team with complete lack of awareness... I hope.

17. DooDooBird

Trusted

So Josh Hamilton is a really shitty human being. Lock this guy up already.

Brent likes this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Dorktown is doing a history of the Seattle Mariners with a lot of focus on the early-mid 90s, obviously, and it's been great.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  19. yea this has been the highlight of my quarantine so far

20. make it stop make it stop

21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

MLB must be absolutely financially desperate to have a season with all of these off the walls ideas

Colby Searcy and Brent like this.
  22. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

It is known as the “force majeure” clause, and it is in virtually every sports broadcasting contract.

The specifics of each contract vary by sport and by network, but generally speaking they contain a provision that allows the network to recoup money if a great, unforeseen set of circumstances causes the cancellation of games.

Like, say, a lethal, highly contagious virus sweeping the world.

Up until about a few weeks ago, the force majeure clause was boilerplate language in contracts between TV networks and major sports leagues. Now, everyone in the sports media business is talking about it.

“It’s the term that is now flying around out there,” said Lee Berke, a sports and TV consultant who advises sports teams and regional sports networks on contracts. “Force majeure is something that is out of everybody’s hands, a natural disaster, a flood or tornado or hurricane, a pandemic. … It’s part of the discussions that are starting to take place on a very tentative basis between the networks and the leagues that I think are starting to pick up steam in the days and weeks to come.”

Colby Searcy and domotime2 like this.
  23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Well that's exactly what I'm thinking. All of these ideas sound terrible and absolutely unnecessary. Other than novelty, if the Mets "won the world series" in this format it would be a joke. A fun footnote.... but a joke and be meaningless.

What's funny is that it's not like there hasnt been seasons before. Why the panic for this but not labor strikes (cause owners are losing money)

24. two-year anniversary today of the kelly-austin bos-nyy fight, still have these screenshots on my computer haha

Attached Files:

25. I miss baseball .

jkauf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.