Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 MLB Season Baseball • Page 374

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That's awesome

TheJMan likes this.
  2. TheJMan

Trusted

Surprised the Yankees don’t do something like that. Watching the 1998 post season run would be fun.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

4. slimfenix182

Yeah it's always like Game 1 of the 2000 WS, game 4 of 1998, game 6 of 1996, the Boone game. I don't even remember seeing the 99 WS. Or 2009 for that matter. It makes no sense lol a team with SO many classic games.

5. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I don’t get it either. I’d love to rewatch the 2001 WS, so many classic games from that series.

Or even random games like Jeter’s first game or Jim Abbott’s no hitter. Or the 2004 Yanks/Sox Jeter goes into the stands game.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  6. slimfenix182

I do know they showed the Abbott game at one point last year, but yeah certainly have a huge library to choose from haha.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

8. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I remember watching it. Was one of my first baseball memories growing up, such a fantastic story/game.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  9. slimfenix182

Embarrassing

DaydreamNation likes this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I miss sports so fucking much. I had no idea how important sports were for my psyche and I'm sure I'm not the only one. When people say sports are great for an escape.... they're not kidding.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

“They’ll receive medical benefits too”

Like yea, teams aren’t going to let their players die from a dental infection.

No awareness at all from bloviated billionaires. Fucking disgusting assholes

12. slimfenix182

I mean if you have these guys in your system wouldn't you want to take care of their year? As if they can put 100% focus on their game with that pay for 6 months. And how much some of these families probably spent on their dream before they get here? Like you can easily afford to pay them so they don't need to worry about anything else. You wonder what potential went down the drain cause they couldn't make baseball their priority. It's absurd

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s horrific, some teams do better than others but the fact that at the bare minimum they don’t have healthcare or a living wage is just an absolute disgrace. Any sport/business that doesn’t take care of its employees deserves to be boycott.

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

91703936_10168231753392037_3311249167640166400_o.jpg

15. slimfenix182

Lol this is brutal

oncenowagain and Zoshchenko like this.
  16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I remember watching that live. It was hysterical.

oncenowagain likes this.
  17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Anyone want to play MLB The Show?

18. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The Pirates had so many of these weird/hilarious losses against the Brewers the last couple of years.

What makes the last one great is that this only happened because they walked the Brewers last reliever on five pitches two at-bats prior. I love having them in the division. I think half of Arcia's career runs are against the Buccos.

19. TheJMan

Trusted

Shin So Choo is giving all 190 Texas minor league players 1k each. Hope to see players from other teams copying him. Nice to read good stories like this during shitty times.

20. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I can’t believe Roger Maris has two MVPs. I need to read up more on his career

momo32t likes this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I should be gettin ready to head down to the ballpark for the Phillies home opener. Sighhhhh

DaydreamNation and Brent like this.
  23. The bases loaded wild pitch is the greatest

DaydreamNation and Brent like this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

I think the general sentiment is that Hinch will get a job in baseball again (eventually). Luhnow I don't think will ever come back.

25. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

absurd that bonds hit 73 HRs and it wasnt even his best offensive season

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.