Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 Concerts you attend(ed) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by riotspray, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Docyx Jan 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2020)
    Docyx

So Far my list... (gets updated)

past:
    01/18: Jan Hegenberg - Theater in der Wolfsschlucht Kassel
    02/01: Hammerfall, Battle Beast, Serious Black - Hyde Park Osnabrück
    02/08: Iron Savior, Mercury Falling - Kubana Siegburg
    now:
    02/23: Rage, Serenity, Vanish - Zeche Bochum

02/29: Rock am Stück Winter Night (Battle Beast, Crystal Viper, ...) - Mehrzweckhalle Wabern
    03/07: Metal auf'm Dorf (Words Of Farewell, The Claymore,...) - Schützenhalle Sieveringen
    03/14: Freedom Call, The Unity, Torian - Kubana Siegburg
    03/28: Ragers Elite Festival (Stormwarrior, Speed Queen, Reinforcer, ...) - Kulturrevier Hadbod, Hamm
    04/04: Serenity, Dynazty, Ad Infinitum, Victorius - Turock Essen
    04/21: Twilight Force, Dragony, Silver Bullet - Rockpalast Bochum
    05/16: Rise Of The Underground (Torian, ...) Consol4 Gelsenkirchen
    07/11: Fest Evil Manrode (Atlas Pain, Ancient Bards, Craving, Parasite Inc., ...) - Manrode
    07/29-08/01: Wacken Open Air
    08/08: Steel Meets Steel - Castrop Rauxel
    08/15: Turock Open Air - Viehofer Platz Essen
    08/25: Orden Ogan, Grave Digger - Turbinenhalle Oberhausen
    09/26: Primal Fear, Freedom Call - Zeche Bochum
    10/03: Serious Black - Rockpalast Bochum
    10/10: Breaking The Silence (Motorjesus, ...) - Schützenhalle Arnsberg Uentrop

2. blinxspot

1/13: Scary Kids Scaring Kids/Secrets/Push Over - Orangevale
    1/25: Motion City Soundtrack/Mom Jeans./Elder Brother - Berkeley
    1/30: Periphery/Covet/Plini - SF
    2/5: TYCHO - Oakland
    3/8: The Wonder Years - SF
    3/13: Tame Impala - SF
    3/14: Pup - SF
    3/26: Bad Religion/Alkaline Trio - LA
    4/26: Swanfest - Sacramento
    5/18: Circa Survive - SF
    7/21: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer/Interrupters - SF

Also trying to catch weekend two of Coachella and Riot Fest (both would be firsts for me)

3. ItsAndrew Jan 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

My list consists of what I have gone to or am definitely planning on going to.

1/16 - Lala Lala/Nnamdi/Sen Morimoto
    1/18 - Kittyhawk/Droughts/Special Death
    1/20 - Advance Base/Sinai Vessel/MJ Lenderman
    1/23 - Chris Farren/Retirement Party/Macseal
    1/25 - Benjamin Gibbard/Tara Jane O'Neil
    1/30 - The Anniversary (going to see my friends band open)
    2/3 - Typesetter/Mover Shaker/Mush/Dead Sun
    2/13 - Beach Bunny Honeymoom Eve Party
    2/14 - Beach Bunny free in-store performance
    2/14 - Panache Valentine's Day Planned Parenthood Benefit
    2/20 - Ohmme/Dehd/Spencer Tweedy
    2/22 - Beach Bunny, Field Medic, Niice.
    2/23 - Mountains for Clouds/Joie De Vivre/Harold.
    2/28 - Ratboys, Slow Mass
    3/15 - The Wonder Years/Free Throw/Spanish Love Songs/Pool Kids
    3/29 - The Format
    3/29 - Oso Oso/Prince Daddy & The Hyena/Just Friends/Sincere Engineer (maybe, if I can switch my other plans)
    4/9 - Horse Jumper of Love/Strange Ranger
    4/11 - Soccer Mommy/Tomberlin
    5/3 - The Beths

4. Orla Jan 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 3, 2020)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

[All gigs in Chicago unless listed otherwise.]

Previous:

1/17 – The Ophelias @ Lincoln Hall
    2/1 – New Dialogue @ Subterranean

Upcoming:

3/15 – Bad Bad Hats @ Schubas Tavern
    4/25 – Torres @ The Empty Bottle
    5/10 – Half Waif @ Schubas Tavern

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

My first show of the year.

What a way to kick things off. Unfortunately, I missed most of the 2nd teir bands because I didn't arrive until late (out of my control), but I got there just in time to catch Vio-lence. While I'm a big fan of thrash metal, I was only vaguely familiar with their material, but they sounded great.

Next up was Deafheaven. I love this band and had seen them live 3 or 4 times previously. They sounded as good as ever. Closed with Dream House, that just kept going and going, but I was transfixed and into the whole way.

Power Trip was next. Hometown gig for these dudes and the whole fest was put on by them. There were plenty of locals, friends, family, etc. but lots of people traveled from all over for this show. From the second they hit the stage, until the last note, the majority of the floor was a giant pit.

Carcass closed the show. I'd only seen them once previously and while they were killer that time, they were exceptional at this gig. Sounds like the record was playing. We were front row too which was awesome.

6. riotspray Jan 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2020)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]
    This show was at a small DIY art space that some hardcore kids have been getting lots of local/touring bands to come play at. I've only been aware of it for the last year of so, but it's been awesome for the scene around here.

I got stuck in traffic and missed Allegation, which sucks because I've been wanting to see them. Pretty cool metal tinged hardcore band from Ft. Worth, Texas. Check them out if you're into that kind of thing.

One in Tha Chamber and Fists of Fury share some of the same members. Out of Denton (college town about an hour north of Dallas), I believe. Both bands have only been together less than a year, but they've been playing tons of shows around town including opening for larger national acts. Be on the lookout for these dudes.

Character Assassin is another local band. I believe the singer (or maybe his dad) owns the art space (Central Arts of Bedford) - Lincoln from Creeping Death played drums with them this night, which was really cool.

Enforced were on tour with Red Death, but since Red Death played the previous day at Evil Beat (see my previous post) but Enforced did not, Enforced played this gig on their night off. They only played for less about 17 minutes, but they were just blazing through riffs the entire time. They lean more to the metal side of things, but definitely had the hardcore kids dancing and grabbing for the mic. Good times.

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

So far I just have Thrice/mewithoutYou/Drug Church/Holy Fawn next month. Will be cool to keep a running log in here.

riotspray likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

This show was something else. Packed out in a tiny DIY art studio. EVERY band just cruuuuushed. Sangsa-ooga-boogie (sp?) was heavy as fuck. Frozen Soul always put the locals in a frenzy. Kombat and Imperial Slaughter killed. Then Creeping Death showed up and surprised everyone by playing a handful of songs at the end of the night. Just a cherry on top.

I almost skipped this gig since it was a Wednesday night, all local bands that I've seen a dozen times (except for Sanguisugaboog who only have 10 minutes of material anyway) and the venue was 40 minutes from home, but I'm really glad I went. I'd always go out of my way for a Creeping Death set, but even without them, the show ruled. Check out the local Dallas acts on this bill if you like metal/hardcore.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

I was only vaguely familiar with Unknown Hinson before attending this show. I had heard the name, and knew he was the voice of Early Cuyler on Squidbillies, but I never really watched the show or knew of him from his musical career. A buddy of mine who is a big Hank III fan and loves the Squidbillies took me to this show. Unknown plays kind of a rockabilly/alt country style of "parody" music. The dude can play the guitar and the music itself stands on its own, but the lyrics are kind of tongue-in-cheek and poke fun at the redneck/country stereotypes in modern country music. It was a fun show. The Go-Gorillas, a local surf rock act that wear gorilla masks and suits on stage (and stay in character while loading and unloading their gear) was direct support for Hinson. The P-Town Skanks opened the show, but we didn't make it in time for their set unfortunately.

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

How were The Ophelias? I was going to go until Stella cancelled and then the weather being awful led me to stay home.

Orla likes this.
  11. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

They were very good! About half their set was songs from Almost, along with a track from their first album and a handful of new ones that definitely have me excited for a new LP.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Had plans to see Origami Angel on Friday and Beartooth tonight but the weather in Michigan got the best of my plans. Neither are a huge loss though.

13. estacey99 Jan 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2020)
    estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

2/27 - Devin Townsend/Haken/The Contortionist (Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto ON)

3/6 - Silent Planet (Hard Luck Bar, Toronto ON)
    3/15 - Have Mercy (Hard Luck Bar, Toronto ON)
    3/24 - Pearl Jam (FirstOntario Centre, Hamilton ON)
    3/27 - Deafheaven (Lee's Palace, Toronto ON)

4/6 - Killswitch Engage/August Burns Red (Rebel, Toronto ON)
    4/7 - Dance Gavin Dance/Animals as Leaders/Veil of Maya (Rebel, Toronto ON)
    4/10 - Circa Survive (Opera House, Toronto ON)
    4/12 - Thy Art is Murder/Fit For an Autopsy (Opera House, Toronto ON)

5/3 - Jimmy Eat World (London Music Hall, London ON)
    5/20 - Foo Fighters (FirstOntario Centre, Hamilton ON)
    5/21 - The 1975/Phoebe Bridgers (Budweiser Stage, Toronto ON)

6/6 - Slipknot/A Day to Remember/Underoath/Code Orange (Budweiser Stage, Toronto ON)
    6/25 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (Meridian Hall, Toronto ON)
    6/29 - Megadeth/Lamb of God/Trivium/In Flames (Budweiser Stage, Toronto ON)
    6/30 - Primus/Wolfmother/The Sword (Echo Beach, Toronto ON)

7/8 - Nickelback (Budweiser Stage, Toronto ON)
    7/21 - Rage Against the Machine/Run the Jewels (FirstOntario Centre, Hamilton ON)

8/17 - Deftones/Gojira/Poppy (Echo Beach, Toronto ON)
    8/20 - Rammstein (Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal QC)
    8/24 - Green Day/Weezer/Fall Out Boy (Rogers Centre, Toronto ON)

9/14 - My Chemical Romance (Scotiabank Arena, Toronto ON)

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I keep track via my instagram stories, but this will be a nice way of writing things down.

1. Scott Ruth, Photographic Memory, Don Amor - @ The Wayfarer - Costa Mesa, CA 1/16
    2. Home Sick Festival w/ Joyce Manor, Drab Majesty, Ceremony, Full of Hell, VOWWS - @ The Glasshouse - Pomona, CA 1/17
    3. Incendiary, Downpresser, Criminal Instinct, Eyes of the Lord, Vamachara, Gulch @ 1720 - Los Angeles 1/18

Coming up
    4. Higher Power, Take Offense, DRAIN @ Chain Reaction - Anaheim, CA 1/23
    5. Caspian @ The Masonic Lodge - Hollywood, CA 1/30
    6. Caspian @ The Casbah - San Diego, CA 2/1
    7. Ways Away, Souvenirs, Holy Fever, Modern Color @ Programme - Fullerton, CA 2/7
    8. Caspian @ The Art Theater of Long Beach - Long Beach, CA 2/12
    9. This Will Destroy You @ The Teragram Ballroom - Los Angeles, CA 2/15
    10. Sanction, SeeYouSpaceCowboy, Vamachara, Typecaste @ Chain Reaction - Anaheim, CA 2/28
    11. Thrice, mewithoutyou, Drug Church, Holy Fawn @ The Novo - Los Angeles, CA 2/29
    12. Noah Gundersen @ The Hotel Cafe - Los Angeles, CA 3/7
    13. Delta Spirit, Scott Ruth @ The Teragram Ballroom - Los Angeles, CA 3/12
    14. Wish You Were Here, Scott Ruth @ The Lodge Room - Highland Park, CA 3/26
    15. Silverstein 20th Anniversary @ The House of Blues Anaheim - Anaheim, CA 3/28
    16. The 1975, Phoebe Bridgers @ The Forum - Inglewood, CA 5/7
    17. The 1975, Phoebe Bridgers @ Five Point Amphitheater - Irvine 5/8
    18. Lost Evenings IV: Frank Turner @ Arena Berlin - Berlin, DE 5/21
    19. Lost Evenings IV: Frank Turner @ Arena Berlin - Berlin, DE 5/22
    20. Lost Evenings IV: Frank Turner @ Arena Berlin - Berlin, DE 5/23
    21. Lost Evenings IV: Frank Turner @ Arena Berlin - Berlin, DE 5/24

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd have probably gone to PTW if I had been in LA that night, but how was the Incendiary show? That bill was nuts. Gonna finally get to see Gulch in March and I'm pumped.

16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Awesome. Every band was on point. Downpresser was my personal favorite of the night. I believe it was sold out at 950 tickets, which Incendiary said was their largest headlining gig ever.

riotspray likes this.
  17. riotspray Jan 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2020)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That sounds amazing. When I saw incendiary, there was like 200 people there, maybe. I'd love to see Downpresser. Their new record's great.

18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Don't let me forget I bought these please

upload_2020-1-23_10-6-8.png

Cgarnsay likes this.
  19. @@ron

Regular

About to try to get Brandi Carlile tickets for Red Rocks

20. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Just saw the used tonight in LA. They're finally changing up the set so its definitely worth going

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Went to this one last night.

22. dubey

Regular

This is my favourite use of stories. I have a tendency to replay those 10 second clips over and over.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

went to this yesterday - Primitive Rage was sick!

24. Cmoney86 Feb 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2020)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

i have tickets to

sliverstein
    rage against the machine
    killswitch engage/august burns red
    riot fest

edit:
    parkway drive

theasteriskera likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No where else to share this really so I'll just post here: I just got a ticket to Ludo and I'm really excited. I went to St Louis for their first reunion show in 2018, but opted out last year to save money, so I feel like my patience has been rewarded

Cgarnsay likes this.