Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 CHORUS MOCK DRAFT V1: IN HONOR OF THE BLIMP Football • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sorry for the delay. I’ll pick in a sec.

2. Carolina Panthers select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

[​IMG]

My first 3 realistic options are off the board so this was tough. But I think Simmons is the best player available right now. The Panthers need help all over the place on defense so adding a versatile playmaker like Simmons is ideal. Simmons alongside Shaq, Short, Bradberry, Burns, Jackson and Reid is a nice core to build round.

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  3. This seems like a fantastic draft to be picking in the top 10

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Jaguars are listening to trade offers for #9

Not that I don’t like players still on the board, I do. But Simmons was the only top-tier option left on my draft board right now

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Browns trade 10 and 90 for 8 and whatever the cardinals 4th round supplemental pick is

@CarpetElf

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The Browns select Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

This guy could definitely be king dunlap, ereck flowers or greg robinson but the browns need this position filled and the upside is hefty

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Night Channels

Trusted

@EntryLevelDave

Cards up
    Hi, hey, hello

Fuck you pal

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Randall picked?

10. Randall Mentzos

Yeah give Dave a chance to pick. He logs on every day and especially today it’s the Super Bowl so I’m sure he will be here to talk shit at some point. :-p

Also the Cardinals really need a tackle I’m not sure they’d trade out of a pick where they could choose their favorite of Wirfs, Wills, Becton etc

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you guys not realize I traded with Dave like two hours ago to make that pick?

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You're on the clock

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Perhaps they like all three

EntryLevelDave and PeacefulOrca like this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Just give Randall Jake "the snake" Eason or something

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. Randall Mentzos

Jaguars select CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma.

Absolute fuckin stud. I’m not huge on drafting WRs this early but Lamb is just a hell of a player.

He’s obviously a speed demon who’s
    gonna run a low 4.3, which would
    give the Jags 3 receivers who all ran 4.3s lmao. But it was even more so his skill set than his athleticism that got me.

Not only can he take the top off a defense very quickly, but he’s BRILLIANT at working underneath as well. He has impressed me greatly with his ability to come back to the ball when the QB is in trouble, as well as just how damn physical he can be breaking tackles and catching in traffic. His ball skills are awesome too especially when the ball is thrown low and he has to dive to save it.

I think it’s fucking scary that he’s not just a deep threat but he can also make those difficult catches over the middle / under the zone.... and THEN he’s a fast as fuck ball carrier who is very shifty and breaks tackles. Very rare that speed guys can work in traffic like that. You give him the tiniest bit of separation and it’s automatically a big play.

Might not run a full route tree like Jeudy does but that can be taught; he certainly has a more rare set of raw attributes though. Since no one is sure whether Minshew is actually as good as his rookie stats sound, I think adding another scary weapon is a solid direction for the Jaguars to take. We want to give him every useful tool to develop properly and reach his potential, since his decision making and pocket presence are already ahead. Chark, Fournette, Lamb and Westbrook is some fuckin WEAPONS.

Since Chark mostly excels on leaping / sideline / downfield catches, and Dede is a pure slot receiver, Lamb skillset is pretty much the thing we don’t have - he would essentially be a security blanket in tough situations for Minshew. He also looks like his first-step is the fastest of the 3, so he’s most likely to win early on a 9-route / go route so that Minshew can anticipate the throw early. This is important to generate more of a deep passing threat, since Minshew doesn’t have the arm strength to wait for him to separate and then launch it 60 yards.

Fucking Dustin and PeacefulOrca like this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

we're off the rails already!

Joe4th likes this.
  18. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The Cardinals select Tristan Wirfs. Get the guy we wanted while improving some draft capital.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

20. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Mind blowing concept lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Night Channels

Trusted

Anyone interested in moving up?

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Now is the perfect time to trade up for Jordan Love :) gotta get ahead of IND!

23. Night Channels

Trusted

There’s a a top three overall prospect available at 11.

It’ll be tough to pass on him.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to trade up from 15 but I also feel like I shouldn't

CarpetElf likes this.